Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

No twisting on my part.

Both texts are discussing Christ' literal future Kingdom.

Right but you make it sound like this future kingdom is without law or a different set than previous...

And these texts are not really helping...so could you be more specific as to the laws in this future kingdom?

Aimiel

Of course it is word. It is spelled with what could be called 4 vowels. The El/God has most certainly introduced this as his name, because it certainly isn't Allah. God is not a man, but you say he is. It called the minor sin of idolatry.
It isn't God's Name. He did NOT give His Name. He placed Jesus' Name above His Own Name. The word Lord or God is not His Name, it is His Title. He told Moses that he should tell Israel: "I am that I am." That is enough. We don't need His Name to recognize Him. Jesus is Him, in The Flesh.

clefty

What a bunch of nonsense.

:freak:

Your emoji normalizes it...about didn’t recognize it as TOL that’s for sure...so thanks for that...

But yes I agree with you...all these attempts and schemes and rationals to rapture oneself from an accountability to a law...a day off no less...is quite nonsensical...

Aimiel

Jesus is not saying that you will die in your sins if you don't believe Jesus is God, He is saying that you will die in your sins if you don't believe Jesus is the Son of God.
They're ONE and The Same.:duh:
If you don't know Jesus is the Son of God, then you don't really know Him.
If you don't see Him as God, your faith is blind. You have faith in printed words. I have faith in The One Who died to give me His Word on the inside of me. He lives in me. I don't have two spirits in there: The Father and The Son. I have The Spirit of The Living God inside me, Whose Name is: Jesus.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
God came as a man and spoke the words of God the Father.

Words like:
--Love your enemies
--Pray to the Father in secret
--Why do you call me good? Only God is good.
--Do not judge.
--Friend, who made ME a judge over you?
--The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous.
--Give to all who beg from you
--Go and learn what this means: [God] reqiuires mercy and NOT sacrifice

Jesus was a man: STATEMENT of FACT
Jesus is the Son of God: STATEMENT of FAITH

God's Truth

tautology-since-rest-form-of-tautology-2525249.png

You think that is a defense for God's Truth?

God's Truth

Words like:
--Love your enemies
--Pray to the Father in secret
--Why do you call me good? Only God is good.
--Do not judge.
--Friend, who made ME a judge over you?
--The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous.
--Give to all who beg from you
--Go and learn what this means: [God] reqiuires mercy and NOT sacrifice

Jesus was a man: STATEMENT of FACT
Jesus is the Son of God: STATEMENT of FAITH

God came as a son of God and a son of man.

God's Truth

Greetings again God's Truth, So how would you summarise the teaching of John 8:28? When you crucify me, a man, the Son of Man, a mortal, weak and powerless, and completely dependent upon God my Father, that then you will realise that I am really the Deity, all powerful and immortal, God who really came as a man.

Kind regards
Trevor

So you agree with me?

Jesus is God come as a man.

God the Father commanded Jesus to do things, and Jesus did them, including raising himself from the dead.

God's Truth

Jesus is the son of God, not God the Son

To those who cannot see the difference, you will remain confused a lifetime

Jesus is on God's throne, and Jesus has the name above all names. So you still don't want to call him 'God' and honor him as God?

SabathMoon

BANNED
Banned
It isn't God's Name. He did NOT give His Name. He placed Jesus' Name above His Own Name. The word Lord or God is not His Name, it is His Title. He told Moses that he should tell Israel: "I am that I am." That is enough. We don't need His Name to recognize Him. Jesus is Him, in The Flesh.

No, he didn't. the word Yahweh comes from two causative being verbs from Aramaic. Since Aramaic is the version of Hebrew that Jesus used; the old testament was originally written Aramaic.

God's Truth

Please stick to what the scriptures teach instead of just making things up like that.

I believe and obey (hearken unto) the one that God told us that we are to believe and obey (hearken unto):

Deuteronomy 18:18-19
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.​

Pay better attention then...since God says only obey Me, and He says obey Jesus---then Jesus must be God.

Dartman

Right but you make it sound like this future kingdom is without law or a different set than previous...
Exactly. The "New Covenant" for Israel is NOT according to the Mosaic Law.
C said:
And these texts are not really helping...so could you be more specific as to the laws in this future kingdom?
Isa 2:2-4 And it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem. 4 And he will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Jer 31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people: 34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.

Zech 6:12-13 and speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh Jehovah of hosts, saying, Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of Jehovah; 13 even he shall build the temple of Jehovah; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Zech 8:12-13 For (there shall be) the seed of peace; the vine shall give its fruit, and the ground shall give its increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to inherit all these things. 13 And it shall come to pass that, as ye were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing. Fear not, (but) let your hands be strong.

Zech 13:1-2 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness. 2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered; and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.

Zech 14:9-11 And Jehovah shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall Jehovah be one, and his name one. 10 All the land shall be made like the Arabah, from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; and she shall be lifted up, and shall dwell in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananel unto the king's wine-presses. 11 And men shall dwell therein, and there shall be no more curse; but Jerusalem shall dwell safely.

Zech 14:16-21 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso of (all) the families of the earth goeth not up unto Jerusalem to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, upon them there shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, neither (shall it be) upon them; there shall be the plague wherewith Jehovah will smite the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLY UNTO JEHOVAH; and the pots in Jehovah's house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holy unto Jehovah of hosts; and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and boil therein: and in that day there shall be no more a Canaanite in the house of Jehovah of hosts.

Dartman

You are a mocker. You just said what I rightly said to you.

Do you really think being a mocker shows you have truth?
:rolleyes:

Try not to whine, and deal with these texts like a serious Bible student;
ANY King that had Kings under them can be rightly called "King of Kings";

Ezra 7:12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, unto Ezra the priest, a scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace, and at such a time.

Ezek 26:7 For thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will bring upon Tyre Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and a company, and much people.

Dan 2:37-39 Thou, O king, art king of kings, unto whom the God of heaven hath given the kingdom, the power, and the strength, and the glory;
38 and wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens hath he given into thy hand, and hath made thee to rule over them all: thou art the head of gold.
39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee; and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

This utterly disproves the assumption that identical titles means identical beings are being discussed.

clefty

Exactly. The "New Covenant" for Israel is NOT according to the Mosaic Law.
Isa 2:2-4 And it shall come to pass in the latter days, that the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of Jehovah from Jerusalem. 4 And he will judge between the nations, and will decide concerning many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning-hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
ok so no more murdering...good that is 1

Jer 31:31-34 Behold, the days come, saith Jehovah, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith Jehovah. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith Jehovah: I will put my law in their inward parts, and in their heart will I write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people: 34 and they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know Jehovah; for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith Jehovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin will I remember no more.[/quote] um...so is that all 10 or? Another set?

Zech 6:12-13 and speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh Jehovah of hosts, saying, Behold, the man whose name is the Branch: and he shall grow up out of his place; and he shall build the temple of Jehovah; 13 even he shall build the temple of Jehovah; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne; and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.
right so this temple has no stated law certainly not the one given prior to Israel or?

Zech 8:12-13 For (there shall be) the seed of peace; the vine shall give its fruit, and the ground shall give its increase, and the heavens shall give their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to inherit all these things. 13 And it shall come to pass that, as ye were a curse among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing. Fear not, (but) let your hands be strong.

nothing underlined there...
Zech 13:1-2 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness. 2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered; and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.
ok so no idols...well that was given to Israel prior...

Zech 14:9-11 And Jehovah shall be King over all the earth: in that day shall Jehovah be one, and his name one. 10 All the land shall be made like the Arabah, from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; and she shall be lifted up, and shall dwell in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananel unto the king's wine-presses. 11 And men shall dwell therein, and there shall be no more curse; but Jerusalem shall dwell safely.
ok so is dwelling safely a command they can keep themselves...or would depend on neighbors yes?

Zech 14:16-21 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17 And it shall be, that whoso of (all) the families of the earth goeth not up unto Jerusalem to worship the King, Jehovah of hosts, upon them there shall be no rain. 18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, neither (shall it be) upon them; there shall be the plague wherewith Jehovah will smite the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all the nations that go not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLY UNTO JEHOVAH; and the pots in Jehovah's house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holy unto Jehovah of hosts; and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and boil therein: and in that day there shall be no more a Canaanite in the house of Jehovah of hosts.[/QUOTE]

Ah so...so of all the festivals given to Israel only the feast of tabernacles is mentioned...

So what about Is 66:23...you seem to avoid...or?

God's Truth

:rolleyes:

Try not to whine, and deal with these texts like a serious Bible student;
ANY King that had Kings under them can be rightly called "King of Kings";

Ezra 7:12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, unto Ezra the priest, a scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace, and at such a time.

Ezek 26:7 For thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will bring upon Tyre Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and a company, and much people.

Dan 2:37-39 Thou, O king, art king of kings, unto whom the God of heaven hath given the kingdom, the power, and the strength, and the glory;
38 and wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens hath he given into thy hand, and hath made thee to rule over them all: thou art the head of gold.
39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee; and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.

This utterly disproves the assumption that identical titles means identical beings are being discussed.

Why are you denying the truth?

Read this about JESUS:

Revelation 1:5
and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,

Jesus is the RULER of the kings of the earth.

Does the Bible say that about any other king or man?

So you see that you have been shown the truth and just deny it.

Read what this says:

1 Timothy 6:15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Did you read that?
The scripture says that GOD is the ONLY RULER and King of kings.

The other scripture says Jesus is.

That means Jesus is God, and the Ruler, and King of kings.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
God the Father’s glory is underived. Jesus’ glory has been derived from God, and now he fully reveals this glory.

You say "the Father's glory is underived", but then you turn around and try to make Philippians 2:9-11 KJV to say that the Father is DERIVING GLORY from Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.