Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!

“Why do you call ME good? Only God is good.”
--Luke 19:19

“Friend, who made me a judge over you?”
--Luke 12:14

“[Jesus] sat on the right hand of God."
--Mark 16:19

“...God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh.”
--Paul in Romans 8:3

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
On the side of the Divine, it does. The Word who was with and was God became flesh. He came OUT FROM GOD...just as the Holy Spirit did. If you would ever accept that God is a TRIUNE being, this would be easy for you to see.

The theological notion of the “Trinity” does away with the foundational Christian concept of monotheism.

glorydaz

Are you claiming that the Son of God is a cloud?

Exodus 40:34
34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.​

Of course He was. Just as He was the rock from which they drank in the wilderness.

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The theological notion of the “Trinity” does away with the foundational Christian concept of monotheism.
No, it doesn't.

Saying it does, does not make it so.

"One God, three Persons."

glorydaz

In church I was taught that God is a Triune being (Trinity doctrine), then I read the Bible and found out that the Bible does not teach anything about God being a Triune being.

Then you have chosen your own understanding rather than what Christians down through the ages have seen. What I've seen, and so many others in the body of Christ. Do you think you're the only one who reads the Word daily? The only one who has delved deeply into this topic?

Keypurr did the same.... :think:

genuineoriginal

Which version of the commandments?
The Bible tells us there were at least three different ones.
There are different covenants as well, even though most people believe that Exodus through Deuteronomy are all part of a single covenant.

Deuteronomy 29:1
1 These are the words of the covenant, which the Lord commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.​

God does not alter His commandments.

Psalm 89:34
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.​

None of the commandments in any of the covenants were changed.
The different versions are not changes to the previous commandments, but are different commandments that state almost the same thing as the previous commandments stated.

genuineoriginal

No.
The incapacity to grasp one being in three person's does not change Christianity as monotheistic. It just means some people are incapable of grasping the reality of one being in three person's.
Belief in the Trinity just means some people are incapable of grasping the reality that Jesus is the Son of God.

genuineoriginal

Then you have chosen your own understanding rather than what Christians down through the ages have seen.
You have it backwards.
The Gentile Christians that came from a background of Greek Philosophy and Paganism are the ones that chose to create the Trinity doctrine from their own understanding.
I have chosen the clear teachings of the Bible over the muddled and nonsensical doctrines of man.

what Christians down through the ages have seen. What I've seen, and so many others in the body of Christ.
There are many devout Christians that have been fooled into thinking that they can see the Trinity in the Bible, but that is vanity.

Do you think you're the only one who reads the Word daily? The only one who has delved deeply into this topic?

Keypurr did the same.... :think:
Anyone that is honest about what the scriptures actually say (instead of believing the Bible says what they want it to say) will admit that the Bible never teaches that God is Triune but that the Bible teaches that God is the Father of Jesus and Jesus is the Son of God.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
God is either One or God is Three.
Christians cannot have it both ways.

The word “Trinity” cannot be found anywhere in the Christian Bible.
It is a theological “short cut” that emerged in the early 3rd century by the pronouncement of the early church father Tertullian.

But even he noted that the majority of the believers in his day found serious issues with his new doctrine.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

Jesús González (boxer)

Jesus Ernesto Gonzales Jr (born October 3, 1984 in Phoenix, Arizona) is a Mexican-American professional boxer in the Super Middleweight division. Gonzales was the NABF and IBF North American Super Middleweight Champion.

Jesús Tato
Jesús Rodríguez Tato (born 12 July 1983) is a Spanish former footballer who played as a striker, and the assistant manager of Indian club FC Goa.

Would you say that what you just posted has any relevance to what Paul wrote, in 2 Corinthians 11:4 KJV?

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Would you say that Paul was referring to Jesus Ernesto Gonzales Jr by his phrase "another Jesus"?

Or, instead, would you say that Paul's expression, "preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached", was simply a figure of speech, by which he meant something along the lines of "preach things about Jesus contrary to what we have preached about Jesus"?

All seriousness aside, having read the little wikipedia bio of the second Jesus you listed, it appears that Paul wouldn't likely have approved of him as a valid choice to fill the office of a bishop, according to 1 Timothy 3:3 KJV:

Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
God does not alter His commandments....

None of the commandments in any of the covenants were changed.

Different versions of the commandments are found in Exodus, Deuteronomy, bits in Leviticus and as truncated version in Exodus as well.

In Exodus, the 10 commandments have notable different rules.

1. Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.

2. Do not make any idols.

3. Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread. For seven days eat bread made without yeast, as I commanded you. Do this at the appointed time in the month of Aviv, for in that month you came out of Egypt.

4. The first offspring of every womb belongs to me, including all the firstborn males of your livestock, whether from herd or flock.

5. Redeem the firstborn donkey with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, break its neck. Redeem all your firstborn sons. No one is to appear before me empty-handed.

6. Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest, you must rest.

7. Celebrate the Festival of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest, and the Festival of Ingathering at the turn of the year.

8. Three times a year all your men are to appear before the Sovereign LORD, the God of Israel.

9. Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast and do not let any of the sacrifices from the Passover Festival remain until morning.

10. Thou shalt not cook a young kid in its mother's milk.

Moses destroyed a version of the 10 Commandments and changed them to a second version.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.