Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

How many clouds are called Yahweh?

Exodus 13:21
21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:​

Exodus 24:16
16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.​

Do you want more?

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
'The Glory' of The Father is NOT The Father!
'The Glory' is The Son!
You seem to be confused here. Philippians 2:10-11 says that when we bow the knee to Jesus, then this gives glory to God the Father. Also you have not responded to my explanation of Philippians 2 in Post 451 on page 31 and Post 477 on page 32 which you have bypassed in your usual method. It reminds me of your run around when you refused to acknowledge that Mary is the mother of Jesus. If you answer these two Posts with a substantial answer then I will continue, as I am not interested in playing your game and waste time.

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

21 And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:​

Exodus 24:16
16 And the glory of the LORD abode upon mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it six days: and the seventh day he called unto Moses out of the midst of the cloud.​

Do you want more?

Of course, we want more!

How many pillars of Fire are called Yahweh?

genuineoriginal

How many pillars of Fire are called Yahweh?
Here are a few:

Exodus 19:18
18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.​

Numbers 11:1
1 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.​

Deuteronomy 4:24
24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.​

1 Kings 18:38
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.​

Dartman

obviously you are free to choose...or?
The ONLY reason I have continued to use Jehovah, rather than Yahweh, or some other variant, is the ASV uses Jehovah, which is VERY familiar to everyone ..... yes, I do still get the occasional whining about the letter "J", and that kind of trivia .... but, as I mentioned, I am sure NO ONE knows how YHVH was pronounced 3,500 years ago, when Jehovah introduced it to Moses, and Israel.
clefty said:
Your edenic dietary law is rarely listed as the 11th commandment or mentioned at all...as to what was expected...kinda like not killing...well until that happened too...not mentioned in Eden but...
More accurately, we have no RECORD of any other laws. There certainly WERE others, since there were certainly expectations regarding sacrifices, and there were"clean and unclean" animals for those sacrifices.
There is sufficient record of the first commandments to prove beyond doubt, Jehovah/YHVH God has changed the commandments at HIS choice.

clefty said:
By the time it got to hebrews oppressed in Egypt and in the desert...a reminder was necessary..
Not a "reminder", a NEW covenant;

Deut 5:1-3 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and the ordinances which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and observe to do them. 2 Jehovah our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. 3 Jehovah made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.
ASV

clefty said:
Don’t forget the meat offered to idols.
Absolutely.

clefty said:
Oh and the Sabbath as James assumed these crowding gentiles would continue to hear Moses preached and taught...in every city every Sabbath.
Sorry, the fact that James acknowledged the Scriptures were still being read in the Synagogues is NOT a New Testament commandment like "meat offered to idols" .... it's merely an observation. We know Paul spoke in the Synagogues, AND in the market place;
Acts 17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him. KJV

This is in PERFECT harmony with the liberty explained here;

Rom 14:5-6 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. KJV

clefty said:
Is why Heb 4:9
Nope.

Heb 3:17-19 And with whom was He angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness? 18 And to whom did He swear that they would not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? 19 So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.

The "rest" in Heb 3 & 4 is the Kingdom of God. Israel was keeping the 7th day Sabbath ALL during the 40 years, so we know it's not the sabbath DAY. It is God's rest.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
believing what one is of course is a choice no matter how early one is baptized into it...but once chosen even the flying speghetti monster has traditions must believed in
I guess ... though I am not Catholic bodily. 'Haven't been "baptized into it" at all.
yes any tradition has its heirarchy to perform its pomp and ceremony...some more faithful than others...some being wolves in sheep’s clothing...others false prophets...some even considered anti-pope...like the one current
Do you have a bishop?
you can’t...your self claimed authority would be exposed...
More like, it doesn't change the truth or falsity of a teaching, if the students don't learn the teaching well enough to teach it themselves. That has zero bearing on the truth of falsity of the teaching in question, in this case the Trinity.
hanging a coat of lies on a broken hanger...
Nice metaphor, but no. Obviously you disagree with what all the world's validly ordained bishops believe and teach regarding the Trinity, but your view requires that every last one of them is wrong, and in a very severe way, such that the office of Bishop, established and put into place by the Apostles, has become completely unreliable and corrupt wrt one of the very purposes for the creation of the office in the first place; to teach the faith faithfully (2Ti2:2KJV).
indeed...we only recently were “permitted” to actually read the code ourselves...protected prior from our own errors of course...
The Bible is not "the code" of the Christian faith, though every word of Scripture is inerrant and infallible. The entirety of the Apostolic witness is, to use your word, "the code," and this was safeguarded through word-of-mouth oral tradition by the bishops, again, who are mentioned in the Bible numerous times, so we know that bishops are authentic pastors of the Church.
Trinitarians must see the trinity...and even they within themselves don’t agree the order or progression or roles...is why you don’t CAN’T put a lot of weight onto it...
No, as I said above, whether or not we heed the bishops' teaching on the Trinity, has zero bearing on whether the Trinity is true or not.
much was given to us that is NOT understood or has been altered...

in the first text the Father sends in His Name...in the other He Himself sends...the very issue that broke the church...
I don't really follow you here, but I don't fully characterize the Church as broken right now. Catholics and Orthodox Christians, in receiving the One Body of Christ in the Eucharist, are in a state of very near perfectly full communion. They are of course visibly in schism, and it sure would be nice if they could put their heads together and heal this external wound to unity, but one of the chief ways in which the Church is in communion with one another, is through the sharing of the Eucharist.

Protestants, who are not in full communion with either Catholics or the Orthodox, are nonetheless in a state of imperfect communion with all other Christians, due to their shared faith in Christ.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,You seem to be confused here. Philippians 2:10-11 says that when we bow the knee to Jesus, then this gives glory to God the Father. Also you have not responded to my explanation of Philippians 2 in Post 451 on page 31 and Post 477 on page 32 which you have bypassed in your usual method. It reminds me of your run around when you refused to acknowledge that Mary is the mother of Jesus. If you answer these two Posts with a substantial answer then I will continue, as I am not interested in playing your game and waste time.

Kind regards
Trevor

Please show us where The Father is EVER referred to as 'Glory'...!

Apple7

Here are a few:

Exodus 19:18
18 And mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire: and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly.​

Numbers 11:1
1 And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.​

Deuteronomy 4:24
24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.​

1 Kings 18:38
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.​

Keep 'em coming.

genuineoriginal

Catholics and Orthodox Christians, in receiving the One Body of Christ in the Eucharist, are in a state of very near perfectly full communion. They are of course visibly in schism, and it sure would be nice if they could put their heads together and heal this external wound to unity, but one of the chief ways in which the Church is in communion with one another, is through the sharing of the Eucharist.

Protestants, who are not in full communion with either Catholics or the Orthodox, are nonetheless in a state of imperfect communion with all other Christians, due to their shared faith in Christ.
I started a new thread where we can discuss the place of the Eucharist in Christianity.
Is the Eucharist another golden calf?

Status
Not open for further replies.