James 1:1 refutes MAD

Right Divider

Body part
Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Romans 9:24-26

You both reject Paul like all Dispensational flesh worshippers. The house of Israel are said to cease and be no more by Hosea:

And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel. And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel. And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away. Hosea 1:4-6

In the 1st century the house of Judah (Judah, Benjamin) was the only ethnic house remaining. The house of Israel was scattered among the nations and intermingled with the Gentiles like the Samaritans. The Jews didn't consider the Samaritans to be the tribes of Israel and despised them. Many of the Samaritans who believed on Christ were of the lost tribes of Israel who were not God's people but now are called God's people.
I believe Paul in the context of the way that he says what he says.

God will restore and JOIN the two houses of Israel and Judah, just like scripture says that He will.

Ezek 37:18-28 (AKJV/PCE)
(37:18) ¶ And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou [meanest] by these? (37:19) Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which [is] in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, [even] with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.(37:20) ¶ And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. (37:21) And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: (37:22) And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: (37:23) Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. (37:24) And David my servant [shall be] king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. (37:25) And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, [even] they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David [shall be] their prince for ever. (37:26) Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. (37:27) My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (37:28) And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Jeremiah also speaks about this restoration in same place that he speaks about the new covenant.

Jer 30:1-4 (AKJV/PCE)
(30:1) The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying, (30:2) Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book. (30:3) For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. (30:4) ¶ And these [are] the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.

Jer 30:18-22 (AKJV/PCE)
(30:18) ¶ Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob's tents, and have mercy on his dwellingplaces; and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof. (30:19) And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small. (30:20) Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me, and I will punish all that oppress them. (30:21) And their nobles shall be of themselves, and their governor shall proceed from the midst of them; and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who [is] this that engaged his heart to approach unto me? saith the LORD. (30:22) And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Jer 31:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:1) At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.

Jer 31:6-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:6) For there shall be a day, [that] the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto the LORD our God. (31:7) For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.

Jer 31:10-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:10) ¶ Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare [it] in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd [doth] his flock. (31:11) For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of [him that was] stronger than he.

Jer 31:31-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(31:31) ¶ Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (31:33) But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. (31:34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. (31:35) ¶ Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, [and] the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts [is] his name: (31:36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, [then] the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. (31:37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Right Divider

Body part
OK, I somewhat see your point. But then why do you think that this stewardship continued until Acts 28 and ended there?

Many of those that were given the PS (Pentecostal Stewardship) were not active the later chapters of the book of Acts. For example, Peter was a prominent member of that group and yet he completely disappears from the book of Acts after chapter 15. It's also notable that Luke was a traveling companion with the twelve up until Acts 16, where he thereafter associated with Paul and his companions. There is a clear and abrupt change in the personal pronouns in Acts 16 with regards to US and THEM.

According to prophecy the Gentiles are to brought to the knowledge of God through the agency of the nation of Israel:

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee"
(Isa.55:3,5).​

"For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed"
(Isa.61:8-9).​

The Twelve and the disciples of the Lord Jesus would not go to the Gentiles until the nation of Israel was glorified and blessed by the LORD. Even though the nation was cast aside at Acts 7 the LORD wanted the Jewish believers to continue to preach to the Jews so as to leave that nation with no excuse for rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ.
While I agree with all of that, I still don't see how you make Acts 28 the marker. Is it simply because that is where the book ends?

Please also include the remainder of my post in your understanding of what happened throughout Acts.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Any so-called Christian who rejects the new covenant promise is an imposter filled with unbelief.
I am saved by the gospel declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV and acknowledge who God says that the NC will be with (the house of Israel and with the house of Judah-Hebrews 8:8 KJV), but that isn't us. I encourage you to believe what saith the scripture about who it will be with instead of your preconceived notions of trying to insert yourself into everything.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
The body of Christ are all those who believe in Christ, lol. The dispensational lies are so bad that anyone who believes them is not worthy. God requires us to believe his revealed word and you reject it in every post. False prophets are allowed by God to separate the wheat from the chaff.

The Body of Christ began with Paul (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) and includes those who trusted the Lord believing the gospel of Christ as the power of God to whom Paul was first sent and those he was later sent which includes even the likes of us (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV).

Jerry Shugart

While I agree with all of that, I still don't see how you make Acts 28 the marker. Is it simply because that is where the book ends?

The Jews continued to keep the law throughout the Acts period (see Acts 21: 20-26). Many people ask, since Paul was teaching the churches which he founded that they are no longer under the law, (Gal. 3: 23-25) then why did the Jews in the Jerusalem church continue to keep the law?

When Paul went to Jerusalem at Acts 21 he too kept the law, even going so far as to make offerings required under the law (Acts21:26). I believe the following words of Paul explain his actions at Acts 21: 26:

"And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law" (1 Cor. 9: 20).​

I believe that it was of the will of God for the Jerusalem church to remain under the law, and His reason would be so that He might gain those who were under the law. But this did not remain in effect. In his role as the "apostle to the Gentiles" the Apostle Paul had gone throughout the Roman Empire preaching to the Gentiles, and when he arrived at a new town or city the first thing which he did was to go the the Jews and speak in their synagogues. He was also fulfilling the Lord’s commandment that he should also go to "the children of Israel" (Acts 9: 15).

His ministry to the Jews ended when he was carried as a prisoner to Rome and spoke before the Jews there. Sir Robert Anderson says,"When these, the Jews of Rome, refused the proffered mercy, his mission to his nation was at an end; and for the first time separating himself from them, he exclaimed,’ Well spake the Holy Ghost through Isaiah the prophet unto your fathers’—and he went on to repeat the words which our Lord Himself had used at that kindred crisis of His ministry when the nation had openly rejected Him (Acts xxviii. 25 R.V.; Matt. xiii. 13, cf. xii. 14-16)" (Anderson, The Silence of God, Appendix, Note # 3, p.175).

We can see that a change did come about after Paul’s ministry to the children of Israel had ended by the witness of the Jewish epistles (which were written after the Acts period had ended). During the Acts period the Jews continued to keep the law, and Peter described the law as a "yoke" which the Jews were not able to bear (Acts 15: 10). But by the time Peter wrote his first epistle we read that the Jews were "free" and at "liberty" from the law:

"As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God" (1 Pet.2:16).​

Peter’s words there practically mirror Paul’s when he is speaking of the law:

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Gal.5:13).​

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage"
(Gal.5:1).​

The author of Hebrews also says that the law has been annulled: "For there is verily an annulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by which we draw nigh unto God…By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament" (Heb.7:18,19,22).

Right Divider

Body part
The Jews continued to keep the law throughout the Acts period (see Acts 21: 20-26). Many people ask, since Paul was teaching the churches which he founded that they are no longer under the law, (Gal. 3: 23-25) then why did the Jews in the Jerusalem church continue to keep the law?
It's like you have a script that you never deviate from no matter what question you're asked.

I already told you that I understand and agree with these things.

When Paul went to Jerusalem at Acts 21 he too kept the law, even going so far as to make offerings required under the law (Acts21:26). I believe the following words of Paul explain his actions at Acts 21: 26:

"And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law" (1 Cor. 9: 20).​

I believe that it was of the will of God for the Jerusalem church to remain under the law, and His reason would be so that He might gain those who were under the law. But this did not remain in effect. In his role as the "apostle to the Gentiles" the Apostle Paul had gone throughout the Roman Empire preaching to the Gentiles, and when he arrived at a new town or city the first thing which he did was to go the the Jews and speak in their synagogues. He was also fulfilling the Lord’s commandment that he should also go to "the children of Israel" (Acts 9: 15).
Once again.... agreed.

His ministry to the Jews ended when he was carried as a prisoner to Rome and spoke before the Jews there. Sir Robert Anderson says,"When these, the Jews of Rome, refused the proffered mercy, his mission to his nation was at an end; and for the first time separating himself from them, he exclaimed,’ Well spake the Holy Ghost through Isaiah the prophet unto your fathers’—and he went on to repeat the words which our Lord Himself had used at that kindred crisis of His ministry when the nation had openly rejected Him (Acts xxviii. 25 R.V.; Matt. xiii. 13, cf. xii. 14-16)" (Anderson, The Silence of God, Appendix, Note # 3, p.175).

We can see that a change did come about after Paul’s ministry to the children of Israel had ended by the witness of the Jewish epistles (which were written after the Acts period had ended). During the Acts period the Jews continued to keep the law, and Peter described the law as a "yoke" which the Jews were not able to bear (Acts 15: 10). But by the time Peter wrote his first epistle we read that the Jews were "free" and at "liberty" from the law:

"As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God" (1 Pet.2:16).​

Peter’s words there practically mirror Paul’s when he is speaking of the law:

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another" (Gal.5:13).​

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage"
(Gal.5:1).​

The author of Hebrews also says that the law has been annulled: "For there is verily an annulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by which we draw nigh unto God…By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament" (Heb.7:18,19,22).
Still not seeing why you think that Acts 28 is the marker. Paul was not a circumcision apostle though he did preach to unbelieving Israel. Why would Acts 28 be the "end of the law" for the circumcision apostles? I don't see how "his ministry to the Jews ended" has anything to do with the ministry of what was left of the twelve and their disciples.

Thanks for you time though Jerry.

musterion

Dispensationalists who reject the new covenant promise with their man-made religion are enemies of the cross. With their different gospel for every day of the week. With their worship of the flesh and rejection of the truth and Spirit. They literalize every verse of scripture and turn the Holy Spirit himself into a Jewish only god. They are now reaping the lies that were sown 150 years ago by their false prophet John Darby.

Right on cue.

musterion

What part of the following is simply not clear to you and your pals, that you are forever measuring others by what is obviously your own standard of acceptance?

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

WHILE we were YET sinners.

NOT when we finally measured up to Musti's and his pals so crystal clear obviously ignorant - performance based - measure of acceptance.

Geez, get a clue, already.

This isn't about me, MADs or MAD. It's about the Cross of Christ.

These here deny the Gospel of grace. They've seen it plainly proclaimed here often, but dispute it every time. Dozens of threads have been started which say they're targeting MAD but end up preaching false gospels of works, every single time. They seek to refute the Gospel of grace and would replace it with various other gospels of condemnation (for that's where every one of their gospels will lead them). And you claim to realize all of this.

Yet you run interference for them as if they are not the enemies of the Cross that they are, but just some who merely disagree.

I am not your judge but something about you just has not added up ever since you arrived.