James 1:1 refutes MAD

Jerry Shugart

The events at Pentecost were a continuation of all that God was doing through Israel.

Why do you consider this to be a unique dispensation?

Because the particular stewardship responsibilty given at Acts 1:8 did not go into effect until the day of Pentecost.

However, that responsibility was given to Israel alone. It has nothing to do with those in the Body of Christ. And it was never fulfilled.

Right Divider

Body part
Because the particular stewardship responsibilty given at Acts 1:8 did not go into effect until the day of Pentecost.

However, that responsibility was given to Israel alone. It has nothing to do with those in the Body of Christ. And it was never fulfilled.
OK, I somewhat see your point. But then why do you think that this stewardship continued until Acts 28 and ended there?

Many of those that were given the PS (Pentecostal Stewardship) were not active the later chapters of the book of Acts. For example, Peter was a prominent member of that group and yet he completely disappears from the book of Acts after chapter 15. It's also notable that Luke was a traveling companion with the twelve up until Acts 16, where he thereafter associated with Paul and his companions. There is a clear and abrupt change in the personal pronouns in Acts 16 with regards to US and THEM.

Epoisses

Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Romans 9:24-26

You both reject Paul like all Dispensational flesh worshippers. The house of Israel are said to cease and be no more by Hosea:

And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel. And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel. And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away. Hosea 1:4-6

In the 1st century the house of Judah (Judah, Benjamin) was the only ethnic house remaining. The house of Israel was scattered among the nations and intermingled with the Gentiles like the Samaritans. The Jews didn't consider the Samaritans to be the tribes of Israel and despised them. Many of the Samaritans who believed on Christ were of the lost tribes of Israel who were not God's people but now are called God's people.

Jerry Shugart

OK, I somewhat see your point. But then why do you think that this stewardship continued until Acts 28 and ended there?

According to prophecy the Gentiles are to brought to the knowledge of God through the agency of the nation of Israel:

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee"
(Isa.55:3,5).​

"For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed"
(Isa.61:8-9).​

The Twelve and the disciples of the Lord Jesus would not go to the Gentiles until the nation of Israel was glorified and blessed by the LORD. Even though the nation was cast aside at Acts 7 the LORD wanted the Jewish believers to continue to preach to the Jews so as to leave that nation with no excuse for rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ.

Epoisses

According to prophecy the Gentiles are to brought to the knowledge of God through the agency of the nation of Israel:

"Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee"
(Isa.55:3,5).​

"For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people: all that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the LORD hath blessed"
(Isa.61:8-9).​

The Twelve and the disciples of the Lord Jesus would not go to the Gentiles until the nation of Israel was glorified and blessed by the LORD. Even though the nation was cast aside at Acts 7 the LORD wanted the Jewish believers to continue to preach to the Jews so as to leave that nation with no excuse for rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ.

The house of Israel had ceased 700 years before Christ.

Epoisses

The house of Dispy is so popular today with books, movies and TV because they are a cult of unbelief where any unconverted sinner will be welcomed with open arms and taught how to be lost and blotted out from the new covenant promise. The church in the 1st century was a house of believers and converted people but this is simply not the case anymore.

Jerry Shugart

The house of Israel had ceased 700 years before Christ.

The Scriptures reveal that both houses will be restored in the future:

"And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all" (Ez.37:21-22).​

As I have already shown, the fathers of those who will receive the promise of the New Covenant are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob so those who will receive that promises will also be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

But you obviously refuse to believe what is written at Jeremiah 31:31-34 because you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures themselves say. It is those who "believe God" who are saved (Ro.4:3) and believing what some men say about the Scriptures saves no one!

Epoisses

The Scriptures reveal that both houses will be restored in the future:

"And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all" (Ez.37:21-22).​

As I have already shown, the fathers of those who will receive the promise of the New Covenant are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob so those who will receive that promises will also be the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

But you obviously refuse to believe what is written at Jeremiah 31:31-34 because you put more faith in what some men say about the Scriptures than you do in what the Scriptures themselves say. It is those who "believe God" who are saved (Ro.4:3) and believing what some men say about the Scriptures saves no one!

You are looking at old testament prophecy as a fleshly covenant to two ethnic houses. The new covenant where membership is based on receiving the Holy Spirit is nothing like that. You have yet to refute Paul's quote of Hosea and applying it to the Gentiles.

Jerry Shugart

You are looking at old testament prophecy as a fleshly covenant to two ethnic houses.

I have already proved by what is written at Jeremiah 31:31-34 that the promises of the New Covenant will be fulfilled to the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all you do is deny what is written there.

Does your Bible not have an Old Testament?

Epoisses

The spiritual houses will be restored. The ethnic house of Israel ceased 700 years before Christ. All the disciples including Paul were from the house of Judah and two sets of disciples were brothers so it is physically impossible that all 12 tribes were represented. Brothers would have come from the same tribe.

Epoisses

Jesus said the disciples would sit on 12 thrones and judge the 12 tribes of Israel - Matt. 19:28.

How is that possible if the disciples were only from the house of Judah?

Judah can't judge Issachar or Zebulon. Benjamin can't judge Ashur or Reuben.

Is your brain big enough to see where I am going with this?

Jerry Shugart

Jesus said the disciples would judge the 12 tribes of Israel - Matt. 18:28.

Do you deny that will happen?

How is that possible if the disciples were only from the house of Judah?

Judah can't judge Issachar or Zebulon. Benjamin can't judge Ashur or Reuben.

The Lord Jesus told them that they will indeed judge the Twelve Tribes so who am I to question what He said?

Why do you?

Epoisses

Do you deny that will happen?

The Lord Jesus told them that they will indeed judge the Twelve Tribes so who am I to question what He said?

Why do you?

Tribal leaders were judges of their particular tribe. Judah judges Judah / Ashur judges Ashur / Issachar judges Issachar and so on. Surely anyone into the OT as much as you would know that. What a doofus!

Jerry Shugart

Tribal leaders were judges of their particular tribe. Judah judges Judah / Ashur judges Ashur / Issachar judges Issachar and so on. Surely anyone into the OT as much as you would know that. What a doofus!

Then you must believe that the Lord Jesus made an error because He said that the Apostles who had followed Him would judge the Twelve Tribes!

It must be nice to think you know more about this than does the Lord Jesus!

Epoisses

Then you must believe that the Lord Jesus made an error because He said that the Apostles who had followed Him would judge the Twelve Tribes!

It must be nice to think you know more about this than does the Lord Jesus!

They will judge the twelve tribes. The twelve converted apostles will judge the spiritual house of Israel and the spiritual house of Judah or the household of faith.

Uh oh I said the 'Spiritual' word - that causes Dispies to go into conniption fits!