James 1:1 refutes MAD

Epoisses

As to the NC: Paul never preached the NC. That is future and who it is promised to is not the church, which is His (Christ's) Body. You don't have to like it, but that's the way it will be (Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV, Hebrews 8:8-12 KJV). Our hope is not in the new covenant which is 1. not to us and 2. steeped in the letter of the law

Paul was an able minister of the spirit of the new testament/the ministration of the Spirit/ the ministration of righteousness which is the righteousness of God without the law and that is revealed in the gospel of Christ, even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe.

These people publicly reject the new covenant promise of receiving a new heart and a new Spirit (Holy Spirit) Eze. 36:26

Epoisses

Matthew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Matthew 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

That has NOTHING to do with us!

The first believers were Jewish and later God added Gentile believers. The new covenant is for believers in Christ.

Under the old covenant you had to be born into Israel (flesh)

Under the new covenant you have to be born-again into the Israel of God (Spirit)

heir

TOL Subscriber
These people publicly reject the new covenant promise of receiving a new heart and a new Spirit (Holy Spirit) Eze. 36:26
This is NOT you! You don't "do" any of it as it was not given you, but will be in future of the NC to whom it was promised (Hebrews 8:8 KJV)

Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

You're just a lying double dog Gentile who never had anything to do with Israel (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) and instead of thanking God that He had a mystery that includes the likes of you (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), you spit on members of His Body every chance you get.

Epoisses

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Not us!

You're right it's not you because you don't believe and are not born-again.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You're right it's not you because you don't believe and are not born-again.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

lifeisgood

Why is it that SOME think that their puny works will be accepted instead of the GREATEST WORK EVER in the world - Jesus Christ and His vicarious, finished/completed, perfect work on the Cross of Calvary?

How evil is the heart of man indeed, deceitful above all things and desperately wicked (Jeremiah 17:9).

Epoisses

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Jeremiah 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jeremiah 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

The new covenant is different than the first or old covenant. The new covenant is spiritual where one has to believe in Christ and receive the Holy Spirit to be a member. Christians who believe in Christ and are converted are members. Jews who are of ethnic Israel but reject Christ are not members.

Epoisses

Why is it that SOME think that their puny works will be accepted instead of the GREATEST WORK EVER in the world - Jesus Christ and His vicarious, finished/completed, perfect work on the Cross of Calvary?

How evil is the heart of man indeed, deceitful above all things and desperately wicked (Jeremiah 17:9).

Why don't you publicly reject the new covenant like your deceived brethren?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The new covenant is different than the first or old covenant. The new covenant is spiritual where one has to believe in Christ and receive the Holy Spirit to be a member. Christians who believe in Christ and are converted are members. Jews who are of ethnic Israel but reject Christ are not members.
Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Romans 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Romans 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Romans 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Jerry Shugart

After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament (diatheke) in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come. 1Cor. 11:25,26

The Greek word 'diatheke' is translated as 'covenant' 20 times in the NT, lol.

Today believers receive their blessings through the gospel which is the Last Will and Testament (diatheke) of Christ. William Beck wrote the following about Martin Luther's idea that the Greek word diatheke carries the meaning of the "gospel":

"For Luther the 'berith' of the Old Testament was, in essence, the Gospel-promise of Jesus Christ, while the 'diatheke' was the Gospel-promise completed in the Christ who was already born, sacrificed, risen, and who was coming again to give His people the ultimate inheritance: forgiveness of sins in heaven. This is why he writes: 'And so that little word 'testament' is a short summary of all God's wonders and grace, fulfilled in Christ' (LW:XXXV:84)"
[emphasis added] (Beck, The New Testament: God's Word to the Nations, [Cleveland: Biblion Publishing, 1988], 533-534).​

With that in mind it is easy to understand why we read the following verses about the gospel which ties it to a Last Will and Testament where believers are "heirs" and receive an "inheritance":

"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel"
(Eph.3:6).​

"That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession"
(Eph.1:12-14).​

You are so confused that you seem to think that a "covenant" is a "Last Will and Testament"!

Epoisses

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Romans 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Romans 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Romans 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Romans 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Those verses speak on a 'election according to grace' which you could not even begin to understand.

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. Rom. 11:5,6

Epoisses

Today believers receive their blessings through the gospel which is the Last Will and Testament (diatheke) of Christ. William Beck wrote the following about Martin Luther's idea that the Greek word diatheke carries the meaning of the "gospel":

"For Luther the 'berith' of the Old Testament was, in essence, the Gospel-promise of Jesus Christ, while the 'diatheke' was the Gospel-promise completed in the Christ who was already born, sacrificed, risen, and who was coming again to give His people the ultimate inheritance: forgiveness of sins in heaven. This is why he writes: 'And so that little word 'testament' is a short summary of all God's wonders and grace, fulfilled in Christ' (LW:XXXV:84)"
[emphasis added] (Beck, The New Testament: God's Word to the Nations, [Cleveland: Biblion Publishing, 1988], 533-534).​

With that in mind it is easy to understand why we read the following verses about the gospel which is ties it to a Last Will and Testament where believers are "heirs" and receive an "inheritance":

"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel"
(Eph.3:6).​

"That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession"
(Eph.1:12-14).​

You are so confused that you seem to think that a "covenant" is a "Last Will and Testament"!

I refuted you so badly you could never recover or save face. How you still have the courage to post is beyond me.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Those verses speak on a 'election according to grace' which you could not even begin to understand.
The verses I posted mean exactly what they say and show a blindness of Israel now and a FUTURE for Israel (not us) when God shall take away their sins which points to that day when this takes place (Ezekiel 13:1 KJV). It is in one accordance with Acts 3:19-21 KJV which again has not to do with us, but these (Hebrews 8:8 KJV).

Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. Rom. 11:5,6
This is a remnant out of Israel that were established into the Body of Christ by Paul's gospel. Those to whom Paul was first sent; and again, have nothing to do with the NC to Israel future.

Epoisses

The verses I posted mean exactly what they say and show a blindness of Israel now and a FUTURE for Israel (not us) when God shall take away their sins which points to that day when this takes place (Ezekiel 13:1 KJV). It is in one accordance with Acts 3:19-21 KJV which again has not to do with us, but these (Hebrews 8:8 KJV).

This is a remnant out of Israel that were established into the Body of Christ by Paul's gospel. Those to whom Paul was first sent; and again, have nothing to do with the NC to Israel future.

Yes and that remnant included believing Jews first and believing Gentiles second. Both groups were part of the body of Christ. How many Jews in Israel preach grace?