James 1:1 refutes MAD

Epoisses

God has no covenant with you, nor you with Him.

In other words, you're no better off, and no better, than anyone else.

Keep rejecting the new covenant - all non-dispensational Christians are thankful they were not born into your church.

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Heb. 12:24;10:29

Is the Spirit of grace only for the Jews? No!!!!

Epoisses

Nope.

Paul is talking to Spirit indwelt Believers.

He wrote every one of his 13 Epistles to members of the Body of Christ.

The "if" in those passages is a very specific "class condition," being that the word "if" is used in different ways.

It is this here:

(The) First Class Condition - Is considered the 'Simple Condition' and assumes that the premise (protasis) is true for the sake of argument. The protasis is formed with the helping word ei ('if') with the main verb in the indicative mood, in any tense; with any mood and tense in the apodosis.

http://www.ntgreek.org/learn_nt_greek/conditional_sentences.htm

Paul's intended sense there is similar to someone saying something in support of their own child against an assertion about said child, with the words "no, not if they are my child; my child would never do that sort of thing."

THAT is Paul's same sense..

And he is dealing with the issue of which of two DIFFERENT FOCUSES on the part of A BELIEVER will either ENABLE them to serve God, or IMPEDE them FROM being ABLE to do so.

This here...

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

That refers to a BELIEVER ATTEMPTING TO serve God in his own strength. That is, by attempting to keep the Law, the Believer is no longer under.

As is the case in the following, also...

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

In other words, your inability is no longer an issue - not if the Spirit of God dwells in you - which it does.

THAT is what he is talking about.

He had just said this ABOUT them TO them...

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

This here, then..

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Is this here...

Romans 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 7:10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

He is talking to "them that know the law" Rom. 7:1.

He is addressing the defeat that awaits them.

He is addressing any member of the Body, about the error of attempting add keeping the Law to the finished work of the Cross.

The "carnally minded" there refers to the futility of such a BELIEVER - who attempts to serve God in his OWN strength, as had been the case under the Law.

Which had been meant to end in failure, towards pointing one to the Cross.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Verse 18 there is this same kind of "if."

In short, so much for YOUR supposed "Spirit led" interpretation.

Supposed "Spirit led" interpretations are ever proven full of holes.

To the one who simply follows the Word's own use of rules of grammar.

Try it sometime - it is there for you as well, ya know.

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

8:12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

Rom. 14:5; 5:7,8.

Peter, Paul, James and John were part of the body of Christ. The body of Christ includes Jewish and Gentile believers, emphasis on believer. It just so happens that in our day the majority of believers are Gentiles but in the 1st century the majority were Jewish.

Epoisses

That's a question you should be asking yourself (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV). As for me, I'm in the faith (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

You're in a false-faith that teaches believers to reject the new covenant promise and cut themselves off from Christ, grace and the forgiveness of sin. Your partaking of the Lord's supper is a mockery and blasphemy in the eyes of God.

That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.  After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 1Cor. 11:23-25

You are aware that the Corinthians were Gentile believers? 1Cor. 12:2

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Anyone who reads the OT knows that tribes married within their tribe and chose rulers from within their tribe. Judah ruled Judah, Dan ruled Dan, Ephraim ruled Ephraim and so on. It's common knowledge that the 12 disciples were not ethnic representatives of the 12 tribes except to Dispie do wrongs.

Othniel judged Israel and he was from the tribe of Judah.

Jdg 3:9 And when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised up a deliverer to the children of Israel, who delivered them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother.
Jdg 3:10 And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he judged Israel,

Ehud judged Israel and he was from the tribe of Benjamin.

Deborah judged Israel and she was from Ephraim.

Gideon was from Manasseh.

Tola was from Issachar.

Jair and Jephthah were from Manasseh.

Ibzan was from Judah.

Elon was from Zebulan.

Abdon was from Ephraim.

Samson was from Dan.

Samuel and his sons were from Levy.

All of these from the various tribes judged all Israel.

The Lord promised to restore Israel's judges:

Isa 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Isa 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Prideful people, like meshak, reject the RISEN and ASCENDED LORD Jesus Christ's further teachings through the apostle Paul.

You got it all backward, friend.

I am not the one who give self assurance of being saved.

Your "I am saved" claim is epitome of your deceitful and arrogant faith.

Epoisses

Othniel judged Israel and he was from the tribe of Judah.

Jdg 3:9 And when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised up a deliverer to the children of Israel, who delivered them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother.
Jdg 3:10 And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he judged Israel,

Ehud judged Israel and he was from the tribe of Benjamin.

Deborah judged Israel and she was from Ephraim.

Gideon was from Manasseh.

Tola was from Issachar.

Jair and Jephthah were from Manasseh.

Ibzan was from Judah.

Elon was from Zebulan.

Abdon was from Ephraim.

Samson was from Dan.

Samuel and his sons were from Levy.

All of these from the various tribes judged all Israel.

The Lord promised to restore Israel's judges:

Isa 1:26 And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Isa 1:27 Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

When there was one judge judging all 12 tribes, Moron! Jesus said the 12 disciples would sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes indicating one disciple would be for each tribe. Go home, nOOB!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You got it all backward, friend.

I am not the one who give self assurance of being saved.

Your "I am saved" claim is epitome of your deceitful and arrogant faith.

It's not a self assurance of salvation.

It's biblical assurance of salvation.

Oh wait, you don't believe the Bible anyways, so why should you care?

Epoisses

Numbers chap. 13 is an excellent example of one ruler from each tribe being chosen.

Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel: of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, every one a ruler among them. And Moses by the commandment of the LORD sent them from the wilderness of Paran: all those men were heads of the children of Israel. And these were their names: of the tribe of Reuben, Shammua the son of Zaccur. Of the tribe of Simeon, Shaphat the son of Hori. Of the tribe of Judah, Caleb the son of Jephunneh. Of the tribe of Issachar, Igal the son of Joseph. Of the tribe of Ephraim, Oshea the son of Nun. Of the tribe of Benjamin, Palti the son of Raphu. Of the tribe of Zebulun, Gaddiel the son of Sodi. Of the tribe of Joseph, namely, of the tribe of Manasseh, Gaddi the son of Susi. Of the tribe of Dan, Ammiel the son of Gemalli. Of the tribe of Asher, Sethur the son of Michael. Of the tribe of Naphtali, Nahbi the son of Vophsi. Of the tribe of Gad, Geuel the son of Machi. Num. 13:2-15

The Dispies swing and a MISS!!!!

ClimateSanity

You're in a false-faith that teaches believers to reject the new covenant promise and cut themselves off from Christ, grace and the forgiveness of sin.....epoisess

You're going to have to provide proof of these charges. I believe you misunderstand her faith. Or worse you purposefully misrepresent it.

Epoisses

1Chronicles 27 is another great example

Furthermore over the tribes of Israel: the ruler of the Reubenites was Eliezer the son of Zichri: of the Simeonites, Shephatiah the son of Maachah: Of the Levites, Hashabiah the son of Kemuel: of the Aaronites, Zadok: Of Judah, Elihud, one of the brethren of David: of Issachar, Omri the son of Michael:  Of Zebulun, Ishmaiah the son of Obadiah: of Naphtali, Jerimoth the son of Azriel: Of the children of Ephraim, Hoshea the son of Azaziah: of the half tribe of Manasseh, Joel the son of Pedaiah: Of the half tribe of Manasseh in Gilead, Iddo the son of Zechariah: of Benjamin, Jaasiel the son of Abner: Of Dan, Azareel the son of Jeroham. These were the princes of the tribes of Israel. 1Chron. 27:16-22

Tap out Dispies, tap out!

Epoisses

You're in a false-faith that teaches believers to reject the new covenant promise and cut themselves off from Christ, grace and the forgiveness of sin.....epoisess

You're going to have to provide proof of these charges. I believe you misunderstand her faith. Or worse you purposefully misrepresent it.

Just ask her if she believes that Gentile Christians are under the new covenant. See for yourself.

Epoisses

You don't know what the new covenant even is.

I know that Paul taught the Corinthians they were under the new covenant and they were Gentiles.

That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.  After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 1Cor. 11:23-25

The Corinthians were Gentile believers 1Cor. 12:2

Jerry Shugart

I know that Paul taught the Corinthians they were under the new covenant and they were Gentiles.

The verse you quoted says "New Testament" and not "New Covenant."

The Christian's blessings come through the Last Will and Testament of the Lord Jesus, not by the New Covenant promised to Israel. The Last Will and Testament is the gospel and believers of the gospel are the "heirs" of the will and receive the "inheritance" which flows from His Last Will and Testament:

"That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph.3:6).​

"That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession"
(Eph.1:12-14).​

T. M. Morris wrote: "Having considered Christ as the testator, let US NOW LOOK AT THE GOSPEL AS THE 'LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF CHRIST'...There is, in every testament, provision implied or expressed that it should, with all convenient speed, be published and made known. This is necessary, that the legatees may become aware of that which has been bequeathed to them, and be in a position to put in their claim. Christ has ordained and provided that His disciples should publish His will and testament to all the children of men. We are 'put in trust with the gospel.' We are bound to publish the glad tidings in every direction" (T. M. Morris, Christ's Last Will and Testament).

True or False

BANNED
Banned
It (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) has everything to do with it! If God didn't have a mystery that included the likes of us (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV) when the event of 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV was happening 2000 years ago, none of us would be here or have any hope at all (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) to eternal life with God (Romans 6:23 KJV). God preserved His words (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV) and sent us an apostle (Acts 22:17-21 KJV) that we can know (Ephesians 1:18 KJV)!

I believe every word of what saith the scripture and not your unbelief in it.

That's a question you should be asking yourself (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV). As for me, I'm in the faith (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).
Pick out any of this you have said to me then post any proof you have
that proves what you said to me is true.

No opinions please. They are not proof of anything.

musterion

Don't dodge what he said.

Tell us, what is the N.C.? Teach us.

Danoh

There is indeed a connection to that..

1 Corinthians 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

1 Corinthians 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

But the problem is that how you yourself are obviously going about solving for what that connection might be, is just as obviously no better in approach than that of various of those on here you are opposing on this issue; and who are opposing you, in return.

For whether for the sake of argument, or not, Israel and the Body are or are not the same, and the blessing of the one is by Covenant, and the blessing of the other is or is not - nevertheless the answer to the right question as to both, is...the same...

Romans 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

In the spirit of Rom. 14:5 towards ya - in memory of Romans 5:7,8 on each our behalf.

john w

Hall of Fame
The post on the clans is purely fictitious. It is part of an allegory for my bible study I have been working on. In the OT the tribes of Israel were ethnic and of the flesh. In the NT they are spiritual and are those of faith. This is just a vehicle to convey the truth that Christ has been ruling and building his kingdom on earth for 2000 years and it is often right in front of us but hidden as well. Purely a fictitious allegory.

I've "sat" here listening to the sulfur spewing forth from this demonic wolf, viper, child of the devil, who wouldn't know the difference between the book of Amos, and "Amos and Andy," or the book of Jude, and "Hey, Jude, and thinks his idol's song, the sodomite Reginald Dwight, "Daniel My Brother," is referencing the book of Daniel......But, enough.

What a frickin moron, clown, among a parade of clowns.

Listen up, punk: The opposite of "spiritual" is not "physical," "ethnic," "literal," as you muse, from reading your stack of commentaries, instead of the details of the bible; the opposite of "spiritual"is "carnal," and you can find an excellent definition in any dictionary, of the word, "carnal" as it has your name, and picture, next to it.

Get off this site , Damian, satanic shill, accuser, divider of respective brothers within the boc(which excludes you).

Am I clear, wolfie? Good.

Watch him respond like Opie, on TAGS, having a tantrum, baffle us with his "you meanie MADist fleshly bullies.........All scripture is written specifically to everyone, is addressed specifically to everyone, is about everyone, has everyone in view, and all of it is to be obeyed, and says the same thing,...Wha, wha, wha!!!!!!,you scripture twisters/cherry pickers(even though I/everyone cherry picks)........" and grind his big, bad, wolfie teeth, that his father the devil polishes........Watch.....

I'd recommend most just ignore this mutt, clown. The LORD God does, for now, until the Revelation 20:11 KJV "great white throne" Judgment, when he faces an angry LORD God, and He sends him to that "All Smokers Welcome" final stop, called "hell." Tick....tick.....tick....Hear that, wolfie Epoisses? That is your heart, ticking off as a cadence, one beat at a time,your funeral march, until that time....Repent!!!(As in "change your mind").

Loser. Get saved.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
And then after 10 ten years of legalism, Jesus revealed the gospel to me and I said goodbye to all the legalists so we're not on the same page.

Would that be the Luke 9:6 KJV "gospel" that your "saint" Judas preached, Damian?

Come on, punk....Take me on, with your alleged bible acumen.