James 1:1 refutes MAD

Danoh

This passage has nothing to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery?:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

So when a person preaches the gospel to the unsaved what is said there by Peter is not a part of the gospel? Of course redemption by blood is an integral part of the gospel. And the fact that believers would be redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus was not even known by those closest to him until shortly before the Cross (Lk.18:33-34). The purpose of His death was not known because if the princes of the world would have know that purpose they wouldn't have killed Him. That is why Paul says the following:

"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory" (1 Cor.2:7-8).​

What do you say is the gospel according to the revelation of the mystery?

"Now to him who is able to establish you in accordance with my gospel, the message I proclaim about Jesus Christ, in keeping with the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past"
(Ro.16:25).​

Nope - that Mystery is the Mystery of the Body the Cross made possible beyond the Cross or as Paul put it there "our glory."

That is Advanced Truth concerning The Mystery - or as Paul put it there and into chapter 3 - what he had desired to speak of "among them that are perfect."

Man o man are you behind :chuckle:

Luv ya, in Him anyway, Romans 5:8 :thumb:

Jerry Shugart

Nope - that Mystery is the Mystery of the Body the Cross made possible beyond the Cross or as Paul put it there "our glory."

Let us look at this passage:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, even the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith"
(Ro.16:25-26).

Speaking of these verses Sir Robert Anderson writes that "the 'mystery' of the Body is a truth for the Christian, whereas here the Apostle's subject is the gospel which was to be 'made known to all the Gentiles' (R.V. marg.)" (Anderson, Misunderstood Texts of the New Testament [Kregel Publications, 1991], p.83).

Of course Anderson is correct. The teaching of the Church, which is His Body, is a truth which is exclusively for the Christian, a truth that cannot be understood until one is first quickened by the Holy Spirit upon believing the "gospel of grace": "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Co.2:14).

When a Christian goes to the unsaved he preaches a gospel concerning the purpose of the Cross, that believers are redeemed by the blood of the lamb.

Let us look at this passage:

"Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven"
(1 Pet.1:10-1).​

Here Peter is saying that the prophets searched diligently in an effort to determine what the prophecies concerning Christ's suffering did signify but it was not revealed unto them. Even the Twelve Apostles, those closest to the Lord Jesus, did not realize that He was going to die (Lk.18:31-34) or be resurrected (Jn.20:9) until shortly before the Cross. They certainly did not know the "purpose" of the Cross, that "Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God" (1 Pet.3:18).

Roger M. Raymer writes: "Concerning this salvation (cf. 'salvation' in vv. 5, 9) the prophets...searched intently and with the greatest care their own Spirit-guided writings. They longed to participate in this salvation and coming period of grace and tried to discover the appointed time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing. The pondered how the glorious Messiah could be involved in suffering" (Walvoord & Zuck, The Bible Knowledge Commentary; New Testament [ChariotVictor Publishing, 1983], p.842).

In the Doctrinal Statement of Dallas Theological Seminary we read that "We believe that it has always been true that 'without faith it is impossible to please' God (Heb. 11:6), and that the principle of faith was prevalent in the lives of all the Old Testament saints...it is evident that they did not comprehend as we do that the sacrifices depicted the person and work of Christ. We believe also that they did not understand the redemptive significance of the prophecies or types concerning the sufferings of Christ (1 Pet. 1:10-12)" (Dallas Theological Seminary, Full Doctrinal Statement, "Article V--The Dispensations").

Epoisses

God has no covenant in force today. The NC was to be made with Israel upon repentance. But Israel didn't repent.

No covenant with Gentles, either.

God acknowledges individuals today only by grace and never apart from Christ.

So the ONLY way one could make serious case that believers today under grace are also under the NC is to say the Father made the NC with Son, and so in the Son, the Father also made it with His members...I guess.

God did not make the NC with the Son, but with Israel.

There is, in essence, no Israel today. So the NC is not in force today.

Grace is in force today, and Paul says grace is all the believer needs.

When you try to hold God to a covenant He never meant for you, you are a thief and a liar, and you're calling God a liar because you're here saying He's blessing you by the NC.

No, He isn't.

You are not Israel.

You will never be Israel.

You, today, can either a member of the Body or you are lost.

Another Dispy who publicly rejects the new covenant. How long will it take for stupid Christians to realize that this is an anti-Christian cult that teaches people how to be lost. The new covenant is spiritual aka you have to have the Holy Spirit to be a member. Sin in our day is different than in times past. The worst sinners today preach Christ and grace and then say there is no covenant, I mean come on!!!

Epoisses

Considering the things that you generally post, we cannot tell the difference between when you are being facetious and "serious".

In the new COVENANT as described in the Bible, the new COVENANT will be with both physical and spiritual Israel.

Here is another passage about the new covenant, though it doesn't mention the covenant:

Ezek 36:21-38 (AKJV/PCE)
(36:21) ¶ But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went. (36:22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not [this] for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went. (36:23) And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes. (36:24) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. (36:25) ¶ Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. (36:26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (36:27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]. (36:28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. (36:29) I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. (36:30) And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. (36:31) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that [were] not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. (36:32) Not for your sakes do I [this], saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel. (36:33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause [you] to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded. (36:34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by. (36:35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities [are become] fenced, [and] are inhabited. (36:36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined [places, and] plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken [it], and I will do [it]. (36:37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet [for] this be inquired of by the house of Israel, to do [it] for them; I will increase them with men like a flock. (36:38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Purely a nonsensical attempt at an allegory.

You're making OT prophecy higher than revealed NT truth. The prophets of old did not have a complete revelation like that which was given in the NT. They saw thru a glass darkly, even the apostles had a difficult time accepting the Gentiles when they received the Holy Spirit and were included in the covenant of grace. You're going backwards instead of forward.

Epoisses

So even though you tried to prove that the Lord Jesus was wrong when He told the Apostles that those who had followed Him would judge the Twelve Tribes of Israel you are now saying that I am an example of disobedience!

Who can take you seriously?

You publicly rejected the new covenant in post #34. You're not a Christian and as much as you say otherwise you're simply not.

Epoisses

That's a load of made up nonsense. Who taught you that? None of that is taught in the Bible.

It's better than teaching that the new covenant is a covenant of flesh worshippers like you. In the dispensational hermeneutic there is zero difference between the old covenant and new covenant. They are the same where God blesses the people of flesh with an earthly kingdom. Jesus said you have to be born-again to be part of his kingdom and that it is not of this world.

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you Luke 17:20,21

musterion

Another Dispy who publicly rejects the new covenant. How long will it take for stupid Christians to realize that this is an anti-Christian cult that teaches people how to be lost. The new covenant is spiritual aka you have to have the Holy Spirit to be a member. Sin in our day is different than in times past. The worst sinners today preach Christ and grace and then say there is no covenant, I mean come on!!!

All you do is insult and blather nonsense.

Fact: a covenant is a unilateral or bilateral contract initiated by God wherein specific terms are set down for the participating parties. Some kind of reciprocity is required in most covenants but not in a unilateral contract that depends only on what God says He will do.

Fact: whether you be Jew by blood or a Gentile, today no one has ANY COVENANT to claim with God and to hold Him to. You have nothing you can claim of Him except Christ crucified and risen, which is all any of us needs. No one today NEEDS a covenant when, instead, all can have grace.

If you don't see the difference between a covenant WITH God and grace FROM God, then I can't help you.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's better than teaching that the new covenant is a covenant of flesh worshippers like you. In the dispensational hermeneutic there is zero difference between the old covenant and new covenant. They are the same where God blesses the people of flesh with an earthly kingdom. Jesus said you have to be born-again to be part of his kingdom and that it is not of this world.

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you Luke 17:20,21

I agree with you but how do you determine you are born again?

just curios.

thanks.

Jerry Shugart

You publicly rejected the new covenant in post #34. You're not a Christian and as much as you say otherwise you're simply not.

You are a joke and nothing more. After all, only a clown would try to prove that the Lord Jesus was wrong when He told the Apostles who had followed Him that they would sit upon twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes.

And you still have not told us what tribe you are a member!

I would guess that the only tribe to which you belong is the tribe of unbelief!

Epoisses

All you do is insult and blather nonsense.

Fact: a covenant is a unilateral or bilateral contract initiated by God wherein specific terms are set down for the participating parties. Some kind of reciprocity is required in most covenants but not in a unilateral contract that depends only on what God says He will do.

Fact: whether you be Jew by blood or a Gentile, today no one has ANY COVENANT to claim with God and to hold Him to. You have nothing you can claim of Him except Christ crucified and risen, which is all any of us needs. No one today NEEDS a covenant when, instead, all can have grace.

If you don't see the difference between a covenant WITH God and grace FROM God, then I can't help you.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Rom 8:9

If any Jewish man or Gentile man have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of his, STUPID!

Epoisses

You are a joke and nothing more. After all, only a clown would try to prove that the Lord Jesus was wrong when He told the Apostles who had followed Him that they would sit upon twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes.

And you still have not told us what tribe you are a member!

I would guess that the only tribe to which you belong is the tribe of unbelief!

You're a lost soul, one of many. The disciples were not from twelve ethnic tribes seeing two sets of disciples were brothers. The apostles minus Judas plus Paul were twelve born-again representatives of the Israel of God or household of faith.

Last edited:

Epoisses

would you be more specific?

When I received the Holy Spirit 25 years ago, every person I ever knew turned against me and I ended up saying goodbye to my friends, family, job and everything I ever knew and joined the strictest religion I could find but that's just me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
When I received the Holy Spirit 25 years ago, every person I ever knew turned against me and I ended up saying goodbye to my friends, family, job and everything I ever knew and joined the strictest religion I could find but that's just me.

I understand.

How I understand is that if we are born again, we will abandon our old ways and change to His ways.

So if we are born again, we will cherish His teachings, and live accordingly.

thank you for you explanation.:)

It seems we are in the same page.

Epoisses

I understand.

How I understand is that if we are born again, we will abandon our old ways and change to His ways.

So if we are born again, we will cherish His teachings, and live accordingly.

thank you for you explanation.:)

It seems we are in the same page.

And then after 10 ten years of legalism, Jesus revealed the gospel to me and I said goodbye to all the legalists so we're not on the same page.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And then after 10 ten years of legalism, Jesus revealed the gospel to me and I said goodbye to all the legalists so we're not on the same page.

If you believe striving to be like Jesus is legalism, I don't understand your born again faith.

Right Divider

Body part
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Rom 8:9

If any Jewish man or Gentile man have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of his, STUPID!
Musterion said nothing contrary to that.

You are just a lost and venomous snake, lashing out at anything told to you.