ECT Israel is not the BOC

Right Divider

Body part
Wrong again!

The land promise was fulfilled. Joshua makes it clear that the land promise was fulfilled.
Your contempt for the Bible is your problem. This is what the LORD says that HE WILL DO:

Amos 9:15 (KJV)
(9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Clearly they do NOT currently occupy ALL of the land that was promised to them.

The LORD will keep this prophesy.

Perhaps you should use a mis-translation that removes Amos.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your contempt for the Bible is your problem. This is what the LORD says that HE WILL DO:

Your ignorance of the OT is glaring.

Clearly they do NOT currently occupy ALL of the land that was promised to them.

The Lord kept His promise. The land was given to them. Joshua makes that clear.

All land promises after Joshua were conditional.

The LORD will keep this prophesy.

Christ Jesus fulfilled all OT prophecy.

Perhaps you should use a mis-translation that removes Amos.

Perhaps you should read the OT.

Do you Darby Followers ever wonder why neither Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, or any other writer of the NT ever said the stuff you guys say?

Danoh

I've read a lot of history books. Nowhere will you find a city that experienced what Jerusalem experienced from 66AD - 70AD.

lol - you mean you've read them in desperation.

And that is no more the issue one should focus on than what history may or may not have to say about Noah 's Ark and or the Genesis Flood, and or about the Exodus, and so on.

But you...are an incompetent.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.

Right Divider

Body part
Your ignorance of the OT is glaring.

The Lord kept His promise. The land was given to them. Joshua makes that clear.

All land promises after Joshua were conditional.

Christ Jesus fulfilled all OT prophecy.

Perhaps you should read the OT.

Do you Darby Followers ever wonder why neither Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, or any other writer of the NT ever said the stuff you guys say?
The prophecy in Amos has NO conditions, but thanks for confirming your contempt for the Bible.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol - you mean you've read them in desperation.

The history books speak for themselves.
Mao's Great Leap Forward 'killed 45 million in four years'

Show us where Chairman Mao destroyed one city, and killed over 1 million people in that one city?

And that is no more the issue one should focus on than what history may or may not have to say about Noah 's Ark and or the Genesis Flood, and or about the Exodus, and so on.

Yet, that's exactly what you do with the return of Christ in 70AD.

But you...are an incompetent.

You are a Darby Follower.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The prophecy in Amos has NO conditions, but thanks for confirming your contempt for the Bible.

The prophecy in Amos was fulfilled.

You Darby Followers just don't get it.

(Heb 12:22) But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

All believers (the Israel of God) have been dwelling safely in their land for almost 2,000 years.

HINT: The heavenly Jerusalem is not on planet earth.

SaulToPaul 2

The prophecy in Amos was fulfilled.

You Darby Followers just don't get it.

(Heb 12:22) But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

All believers (the Israel of God) have been dwelling safely in their land for almost 2,000 years.

HINT: The heavenly Jerusalem is not on planet earth.

:chuckle:

northwye

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Romans 9: 6-8

An important part of New Testament and New Covenant doctrine is here in these three verses. Paul does not spell out in an explicit way the doctrine he is revealing here. And this means that the reader has to supply that which is not made explicit.

Not spelling out in detail all the implications of Romans 9: 6-8 means that false prophets can more easily deceive many into accepting a theology which contradicts these verses.

"For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you." I Corinthians 11: 19

For example,in the statement "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children," a false prophet can deceive many into thinking that Paul is not saying that all who belong to the physical chosen people bloodline are the children of God in the New Covenant. But that is exactly what Paul is saying.

Does Romans 9: 6-8 say anything which is relevant to dispensationalism's teaching that God now has two peoples, Israel, by which is meant Old Covenant Israel, and the Church?

The text does imply that part of Israel is God's people and a part of Israel is not God's people. This implies that what Paul calls the children of God are the elect of Israel in the New Covenant.

But what about non-Jews becoming also the children of God in the New Covenant? "And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God." Hosea 2: 23

Hosea 2: 23 began to be fulfilled in Acts 10 when Peter was sent to Cornelius and his people because God was to save those people who were not Jews.

Paul affirms that saved Jews and saved non-Jews are one people of God, not two peoples. "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10: 12

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Galatians 3: 26-29

The implication of Romans 9: 6-8 is that the part of Israel which in the New Covenant received Christ by faith and were born again is the Israel of God (Galatians 6: 16), and another implication of Hosea 2: 23 and Romans 10: 12 supported by Galatians 3: 28 is that the non-Jews who received Christ and were born again are also the Israel of God,

SaulToPaul 2

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed." Romans 9: 6-8

An important part of New Testament and New Covenant doctrine is here in these three verses. Paul does not spell out in an explicit way the doctrine he is revealing here. And this means that the reader has to supply that which is not made explicit.

Not spelling out in detail all the implications of Romans 9: 6-8 means that false prophets can more easily deceive many into accepting a theology which contradicts these verses.

"For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you." I Corinthians 11: 19

For example,in the statement "Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children," a false prophet can deceive many into thinking that Paul is not saying that all who belong to the physical chosen people bloodline are the children of God in the New Covenant. But that is exactly what Paul is saying.

Does Romans 9: 6-8 say anything which is relevant to dispensationalism's teaching that God now has two peoples, Israel, by which is meant Old Covenant Israel, and the Church?

The text does imply that part of Israel is God's people and a part of Israel is not God's people. This implies that what Paul calls the children of God are the elect of Israel in the New Covenant.

But what about non-Jews becoming also the children of God in the New Covenant? "And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God." Hosea 2: 23

Hosea 2: 23 began to be fulfilled in Acts 10 when Peter was sent to Cornelius and his people because God was to save those people who were not Jews.

Paul affirms that saved Jews and saved non-Jews are one people of God, not two peoples. "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." Romans 10: 12

"For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." Galatians 3: 26-29

The implication of Romans 9: 6-8 is that the part of Israel which in the New Covenant received Christ by faith and were born again is the Israel of God (Galatians 6: 16), and another implication of Hosea 2: 23 and Romans 10: 12 supported by Galatians 3: 28 is that the non-Jews who received Christ and were born again are also the Israel of God,

When Christ came, he made a division between Israel and the Israel of God. They had to believe in Christ, or be cut off.

See, things can be said simply. Give it a try.

Right Divider

Body part
Yep,

Ezekiel 37
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
The longer that I'm on TOL the more I see some peoples complete contempt for the Bible.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I apologize for my absence on this thread, I haven't received a single notification in the last few days for some reason, and they were pretty spotty before that. I think the TOL Android app is broken. I doubt I'll be able to catch up here, but I'll try...