ECT Israel is not the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, the warning was only exclusively directed at those in Judea. Modern day people outside of Judea ‘don't sweat it; all finished in 70AD.’. Got it.

Correct.

You preach then, When sounds of great tribulation, rumors of wars, ethnic group against ethnic group, Christ is over there, etc., hey, don’t sweat it for all has already been fulfilled in 70AD. Got it.

Those all happened from 66AD - 70AD. They have all been fulfilled.

I am guessing that you do not believe in Revelation either. Got it.

The Revelation makes reference to the great tribulation that Jesus said in Matt 24.

Revelation also tells what was to happen to Jerusalem in 70AD.

(Rev 1:1) The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. ....

Please note that it says "what must soon take place". It doesn't say "what will take place at least 2,000 years from now".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sorry to burst your bubble, tetelestai. Josephus was an eyewitness to one great tribulation in Judea, however, Josephus was not an eyewitness to 'the tribulation, the great’ that Jesus warned about.

Wrong. The great tribulation that Jesus warned about happened in Judaea from 66AD - 70AD.

'The tribulation, the great,' Jesus talked about is so horrendous that if those days are not shortened no one would survive. I believe Jesus.

As I already said, some of the Jews did survive.

Christians are going through great tribulation, all over the world, however, it is not 'the tribulation, the great' that Jesus warned about.

The great tribulation was never meant for Christians. That's why Jesus told them that when they saw the city surrounded, to flee to the hills.

That's exactly what happened in 66AD. The Romans surrounded the city, withdrew, then all the Christians fled to the hills of Pella.

From 375AD:

"The Nazoraean sect exists in Beroea near Coele Syria, in the Decapolis near the region of Pella, and in Bashan in the place called Cocaba, which in Hebrew is called Chochabe. That is where the sect began, when all the disciples were living in Pella after they moved from Jerusalem, since Christ told them to leave Jerusalem and withdraw because it was about to be besieged. For this reason they settled in Peraea and there, as I said, they lived. This is where the Nazoraean sect began." - Epiphanius, Panarion 29:7:7-8

There are parts in the Middle East where not one Christian is left. That is great tribulation, however, it is not 'the tribulation, the great' Jesus warned about.

You're right, that is not the great tribulation. The great tribulation happened along time ago from 66AD - 70AD.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no scripture that says that the GREAT tribulation will be about one city. So your point is pointless like most all of your posts.

Sure there is:

(Luke 19:41-44) As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

The GREAT tribulation will be FAR more extensive than Judaea.

Nope.

If it was, then why did Jesus only tell those in Judaea to flee to the mountains, and those in the country not to go to Judaea?

Right Divider

Body part
Yes

(Joshua 21:45) Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.
The land promise was NOT just to possess the land TEMPORARILY, but to keep it PERMANENTLY (see Amos 9:15).

Josh 21:43-45 (KJV)
(21:43) And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. (21:44) And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand. (21:45) There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Ditch those crappy mis-translations that you use to LIE with and get yourself a Bible.

Fulfilled by Christ Jesus
Ah, your magic wand again....

After Joshua, they were removed from their land, then returned again to their land.
So that would indicate that THIS was NOT fulfilled in Joshua.

Amos 9:15 (KJV)
(9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

It doesn't get any plainer and simpler than Joshua 21:45. Yet, you claim it doesn't mean what it says.
Only if YOU take it OUT OF CONTEXT, like you always do.

Right Divider

Body part
Sure there is:

(Luke 19:41-44) As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”
Once AGAIN, it does NOT say that the GREAT tribulation was just about ONE city. It simply said that Jesus said this as He approached the city. This is NOT the extent of the GREAT tribulation.

Your magic wand isn't going to work here.

Nope.

If it was, then why did Jesus only tell those in Judaea to flee to the mountains, and those in the country not to go to Judaea?
Because there are other descriptions in the Bible of the GREAT tribulation. You are just too ignorant and deceived to understand it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The land promise was NOT just to possess the land TEMPORARILY, but to keep it PERMANENTLY (see Amos 9:15)

Amos was hundreds of years after Joshua.

Amos lived and preached in the Northern Nation of Israel.

Josh 21:43-45 (KJV)
(21:43) And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein. (21:44) And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand. (21:45) There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Ditch those crappy mis-translations that you use to LIE with and get yourself a Bible.

LOL...what part of "all came to pass" do you not understand?

Ah, your magic wand again....

I know you guys hate it when I say "fulfilled by Christ Jesus". However, that's what happened. You hate it because it ruins your dispensationalism.

So that would indicate that THIS was NOT fulfilled in Joshua.

Amos 9:15 (KJV)
(9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Again, Amos lived hundreds of years after Joshua.

Only if YOU take it OUT OF CONTEXT, like you always do.

You should get some kind of chart or something showing the chronological history of Israel in the OT. You're very confused.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(Matt 24:21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

(Matt 24:34) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

It doesn't get much simpler, and plainer.

Jesus said there would be great tribulation, then said it would happen before the generation of His contemporaries all passed away.

That's exactly what happened. The great tribulation happened from 66AD - 70AD, and some of the contemporaries of Jesus' generation were still alive when it happened.

DAN P

Hi and the ONLY conditional covenant is the OLD COVENANT !!

The only UN-CONDITIONAL COVENANTS are the Abrahamic , Palestinian , Davidic , and the New Covenant , which means their FULFILLMENT depends on God and NOT the nation of Israel !!

You are AVOIDING to tell us the PATTERN of salvation and how you were saved , why not tell us ??

dan p

Hi and why are you AVOIDING the INESCAPABLE as you can not tell , can you ??

I , know you just over looked it ?

dan p

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
(Matt 24:21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

(Matt 24:34) Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

It doesn't get much simpler, and plainer.

Jesus said there would be great tribulation, then said it would happen before the generation of His contemporaries all passed away.

That's exactly what happened. The great tribulation happened from 66AD - 70AD, and some of the contemporaries of Jesus' generation were still alive when it happened.

It's about time you unearthed this text.

And just like that... your holy grail gets shattered.

Matthew 16:4 An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So he left them and departed

But it doesn't stop there...

Jude 5 Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. 7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Sodom and Gomorrah was a literal fire and Malek YHWH was present to Abraham in His Glory and Presence, physically that day.

But there's more,

This generation refers to the generation that is part of GLOBAL Judgment. If God has cast all evil away, then why is evil still here Tetty?

If this is the new heaven and the new earth and Jesus has already come in the clouds in glory, why do the wicked still exist and who is the Anti-Christ that Revelation speaks of?

You see Tetty... you forget that the dead are ressurected for judgment in the book of Revelations. Because the dead are either with the lord right now, or in Sheol, you have an enormous theological issue on your hands. But wait... there's more.

Have you got an explaination for the earth waxing old as we speak? Is this earth new Tetty?

You have finally unleashed the beginning of the forging of your....

Wait for it... "Death Knell".

# Tee He he

I think it's time for the true meaning of "This generation to be exposed". I'm so glad you brought this up.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think it's time for the true meaning of "This generation to be exposed". I'm so glad you brought this up.

Bring it on!

You Darby Followers won't like the results.

I'll start.

In Matt 24:34, the word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If this is the new heaven and the new earth and Jesus has already come in the clouds in glory, why do the wicked still exist

Because the kingdom is not of this world.

(John 18:36) Jesus answered, "My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world."

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You see Tetty... you forget that the dead are ressurected for judgment in the book of Revelations.

Um...first off it's "Revelation", not "Revelations"

Secondly, there are two resurrections in Revelation 20. Those raised in the first one are not judged.

Because the dead are either with the lord right now, or in Sheol, you have an enormous theological issue on your hands.

The Saints reign with Christ Jesus right now. No one in Christ is dead, or in Sheol.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

(John 18:36) Jesus answered, "My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world."

Bye bye Tetty. New OP for you.

Clearly you don't realize what Jesus was saying there.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned

All is not in all Yet sucker. You are now on your way out. The scripture is about to bury you and I'm logging off for now. Have fun with my new OP.

DAN P

Bring it on!

You Darby Followers won't like the results.

I'll start.

In Matt 24:34, the word "this" is a demonstrative adjective that modifies the noun "generation".

Hi and we are NOT Darby followers and we foolow Paul as the Holy Spirit wrote in 1 Cor 11:1 and in many other verses , get it STRAIGHT for once !!

So , in verse 30 , has any one seen the SIGN of thr Son of Man in the heavens ?? When have you seen it ??

In verse 29 when did the Great Tribulation begin ??

Matt 24:29 MATCHES what Joel 2:38 and all the verbs in Acts 2:16-21 are in the Greek FUTURE TENSE and this has NEVER happened !!

What is written in Acts 2:16-21 is the NEAR VIEW , but was canceled , because Israel was set aside as 2 Cor 3:16-17 has said !!

Matt 24:34 in the FAR VIEW and then is when Israel will be PURGED as the whole book of Revelation has said !!

The Geek word GENERATION / GENEA is a Greek transliteration with many meanings, like , Generation , time , Age , Nation SO get your FACTS straight !!

I see that you are AVOIDING TO say how you were saved , so what is your problem ??

dan p