ECT Israel is not the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was great tribulation as no one had ever seen before in Judea because of the coming of the Roman armies and Judea will never see that great tribulation again for it will never again see the Roman armies.

It wasn't just the Romans. Hundreds of thousands died inside the walls due to the infighting amongst the Jews themselves.

It is not 'the tribulation, the great' Jesus warned about.

Jesus only spoke of one "great tribulation", and it's only found in Matthew 24.

It's from the Olivet Discourse, and Jesus makes it clear for only those in Judaea to flee to the mountains to escape the great tribulation.

lifeisgood

Yep.

No city has faced such a great tribulation since Jerusalem did from 66AD to 70AD.

They killed the Jews who lived in Judaea while they marched towards Jerusalem.

Over 1 million were killed in Jerusalem. Others were killed outside Jerusalem in Judaea.

We have no account of how many Christians in one city in the Middle East have been murdered in our modern times; even though, it is still not 'the tribulation, the great' Jesus warned about.

lifeisgood

It wasn't just the Romans. Hundreds of thousands died inside the walls due to the infighting amongst the Jews themselves.

So, the warning was only exclusively directed at those in Judea. Modern day people outside of Judea ‘don't sweat it; all finished in 70AD.’. Got it.

You preach then, When sounds of great tribulation, rumors of wars, ethnic group against ethnic group, Christ is over there, etc., hey, don’t sweat it for all has already been fulfilled in 70AD. Got it.

Jesus only spoke of one "great tribulation", and it's only found in Matthew 24.

It's from the Olivet Discourse, and Jesus makes it clear for only those in Judaea to flee to the mountains to escape the great tribulation.

I am guessing that you do not believe in Revelation either. Got it.

whitestone

If you were addressing me there; not to worry: I often log in and out here and there - depends on what's on my plate on any given day, and how much time I see I might have for reading and or posting.

Besides, we each have the truth of Roman 5's "tribulation worketh patience" as an operative principle, general guideline, or rule of thumb (of the many found throughout Romans) that we can each turn to for our "peace" if we are so inclined to do so.

Thus, whether you offended, or not, perceived or not, the Lord can be the issue, or core focus, in all things.

Just a matter of each our decision to let Him be the issue, or our core focus, in any moment in life.

And that, is not a bad opportunity to seize on as our core focus, any time of the day...or night.

This here from Romans 5 - it's a pretty good deal as a core focus. :)

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Rom. 5:8
Prov. 27:17
Acts 17:11,12.

My comment is directly below your post being directed toward you in reference to Acts 5.

The apology is directed to JudgeRighly in aspect to his post #364. And in earnest , I had pondered it for several hours (notice the time gaps).

I said what I said because he was trying to establish a point in Acts 2 and the dialogue between Acts 2 and 5 are in a "continuous flow" and was in great hopes it would remain there.

We do often learn from others and He being of like mind was trying to establish that exact narrative,which has now been separated by multiple post and that is what I wanted to see and is why I briefly asserted what I did(to keep it in context of what J.R. was trying to establish).

I do appreciate your acknowledgement though and it would be hypocritical of me to say any more so I will not in hopes that he might continue on with the exact thing he was trying to establish. .

Right Divider

Body part
Yep.

No city has faced such a great tribulation since Jerusalem did from 66AD to 70AD.
There is no scripture that says that the GREAT tribulation will be about one city. So your point is pointless like most all of your posts.

They killed the Jews who lived in Judaea while they marched towards Jerusalem.

Over 1 million were killed in Jerusalem. Others were killed outside Jerusalem in Judaea.
The GREAT tribulation will be FAR more extensive than Judaea.

Rev 8:13 (KJV)
(8:13) And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Zechariah 14 has NOT been fulfilled per Acts 1 no matter how much you complain to the contrary.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You've said that the Zechariah 14 defending of Jerusalem was conditional.

God told Zechariah the following:

(Zech 1:3) Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.

Is the above conditional?

DAN P

The land promise was fulfilled in Joshua.

The Davidic land promise was conditional.

Hi and the ONLY conditional covenant is the OLD COVENANT !!

The only UN-CONDITIONAL COVENANTS are the Abrahamic , Palestinian , Davidic , and the New Covenant , which means their FULFILLMENT depends on God and NOT the nation of Israel !!

You are AVOIDING to tell us the PATTERN of salvation and how you were saved , why not tell us ??

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
The land promise was fulfilled in Joshua.

The Davidic land promise was conditional.
So this was fulfilled in Joshua?

Gen 13:14-18 (KJV)
(13:14) And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: (13:15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. (13:16) And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, [then] shall thy seed also be numbered. (13:17) Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. (13:18) Then Abram removed [his] tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which [is] in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.

Amos 9:11-15 (KJV)
(9:11) In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (9:12) That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this. (9:13) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. (9:14) And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. (9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

So in Joshua they were never pulled out of their land.

You are a knucklehead and this is why you need the "just a spiritual" blah blah blah all of the time. You just refuse to believe the plain and simple language of the Bible as God as written it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So this was fulfilled in Joshua?

Yes

(Joshua 21:45) Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

[/COLOR][/INDENT]
Amos 9:11-15 (KJV)
(9:11) In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (9:12) That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this. (9:13) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt. (9:14) And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit [them]; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. (9:15) And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Fulfilled by Christ Jesus

So in Joshua they were never pulled out of their land.

After Joshua, they were removed from their land, then returned again to their land.

You are a knucklehead and this is why you need the "just a spiritual" blah blah blah all of the time. You just refuse to believe the plain and simple language of the Bible as God as written it.

It doesn't get any plainer and simpler than Joshua 21:45. Yet, you claim it doesn't mean what it says.