ECT Israel is not the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, it just shows that you're unwilling to learn something different than what you've been taught.

I was a dispensationalist for 25 years, and am no longer a dispensationalist.

So, that proves you wrong, I was willing to learn something different than what I was taught, and I did learn something different.

How about you? Are you willing to learn something different than what you have been taught?

Right Divider

Body part

So, that proves you wrong, I was willing to learn something different than what I was taught, and I did learn something different.

How about you? Are you willing to learn something different than what you have been taught?
That doesn't make the "something different" that you "learned" TRUE.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Would it mean Peter believed in salvation by grace without the works of the law? I was always curious as to why he had to be rebuked by Paul. Do you think Peter really believed in his heart that works of the law were not necessary but feared the peer pressure of other Jews and reverted back to the old ways when around them?

Peter taught the same gospel as Jesus did and the as Paul.

Peter was afraid of the Jews and denied Jesus three times.

He was later afraid of the Jews and acted out of line with the truth.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Tet, Question for you.

Why was Israel selling all they had and living together in Acts 2?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why was Israel selling all they had and living together in Acts 2?

Nowhere in the Bibles does it say they sold "all they had". That's a myth you Darby Followers made up.

(Acts 2:45) They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.

Also, do a study on the Exodus Generation. They had to wait 40 years before they could enter the physical Promised Land.

Then compare to the First Century Generation that had to wait 40 years before they could enter the spiritual promised land.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Nowhere in the Bibles does it say they sold "all they had". That's a myth you Darby Followers made up.

(Acts 2:45) They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.

Also, do a study on the Exodus Generation. They had to wait 40 years before they could enter the physical Promised Land.

Then compare to the First Century Generation that had to wait 40 years before they could enter the spiritual promised land.

Alright, so the argument can be made that they weren't selling "all" their possessions.

My question remains, however, why was Israel selling their possessions and goods, and living together, and sharing all they had with those who needed it?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My question remains, however, why was Israel selling their possessions and and goods, and living together, and sharing all they had with those who needed it?

They were in Judaea.

Jesus told them Jerusalem would be completely destroyed in their generation.

Jesus also told them that if they were in Judaea, they were going to have to flee to the mountains before Jerusalem was to be destroyed.

If Jesus told you your house and city was going to be destroyed in your generation, and that you were going to have to flee to the mountains, would you sell your house? Would you keep possessions that you knew you wouldn't be able to take with you, knowing you were going to have to flee to the mountains?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They were in Judaea.

Jesus told them Jerusalem would be completely destroyed in their generation.

Jesus also told them that if they were in Judaea, they were going to have to flee to the mountains before Jerusalem was to be destroyed.

Was there any other reason that they were doing this, that you know of?

Danoh

Alright, so the argument can be made that they weren't selling "all" their possessions.

My question remains, however, why was Israel selling their possessions and goods, and living together, and sharing all they had with those who needed it?

"Nevertheless, what saith the Scripture?" Gal. 4:31.

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

So where did they live?

With what did they buy food?

Matthew 10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10:10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. 10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

The result being that after God temporarily interrupted all that, we begin to read the following, and other passages like it.

Galatians 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

And...

Romans 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

But Tel is an willing incompetent in these matters...he's had these things pointed out to him repeatedly...to no avail...

His Preterism matters more to him than what one or another passage actually says.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So they weren't expecting the Lord to return soon?

Soon yes, but Jesus told them a bunch of things had to happen first.

He told them they would be persecuted, put in prison, there would be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences, and that they would be betrayed by family.

He told them the end was near. He said there would be wars and rumors of wars before He returned, and that all those things had to happen first.

(Luke 21:9) When you hear of wars and uprisings, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.”

Was the Kingdom of God not at hand?

Yes.

It was "at hand" for that generation, but Jesus made it clear to them what had to take place before He returned.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The result being that after God temporarily interrupted all that

God was not some incompetent that had to resort to Plan B, like you Darby Followers make Him out to be.

Everything went exactly as planned. It's just that you have decided to believe Darby, instead of believing the Bible.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In Gal. 2, Peter et al prove that such was not the reason.

But you are an incompetent; you go by your own reasoning into a thing.

Acts 15:11,12

Gal 2, was almost 20 years after the early church in Acts 2.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Soon yes, but Jesus told them a bunch of things had to happen first.

He told them they would be persecuted, put in prison, there would be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences, and that they would be betrayed by family.

He told them the end was near. He said there would be wars and rumors of wars before He returned, and that all those things had to happen first.

(Luke 21:9) When you hear of wars and uprisings, do not be frightened. These things must happen first, but the end will not come right away.”

Yes.

It was "at hand" for that generation, but Jesus made it clear to them what had to take place before He returned.
So would it make sense that Israel was living as they were because the Kingdom of God was at hand?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"Nevertheless, what saith the Scripture?" Gal. 4:31.

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions. 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. 19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 19:30 But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first.

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

So where did they live?

With what did they buy food?

Matthew 10:9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10:10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat. 10:11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 10:12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 10:13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

The result being that after God temporarily interrupted all that, we begin to read the following, and other passages like it.

Galatians 2:10 Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also was forward to do.

And...

Romans 15:26 For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

But Tel is an willing incompetent in these matters...he's had these things pointed out to him repeatedly...to no avail...

His Preterism matters more to him than what one or another passage actually says.

Acts 17:11,12

Ananias and Sapphira from acts 5 there were those who held back some.

In Gal. 2, Peter et al prove that such was not the reason.

But you are an incompetent; you go by your own reasoning into a thing.

Acts 15:11,12

God was some incompetent that had to resort to Plan B, like you Darby Followers make Him out to be.

Everything when exactly as planned. It's just that you have decided to believe Darby, instead of believing the Bible.

Gal 2, was almost 20 years after the early church in Acts 2.
I'm trying to establish something, it would be nice if I could do that without people jumping ahead.

whitestone

You are correct and right. When I post my post I noticed you logged out and wondered if I had offended you.
I do apologize to you because your right you should be able to speak without me butting in. I wondered what you were going to say since you ask the question in post #364 and was impatient. I do apologize,,,