ECT Israel is not the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did the Apostle Paul have faith in the Jesus?

Notice Paul never used "the" in front of Israel anywhere else.

"The Israel of God" is all believers in Christ Jesus.

Big day for The Donald so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SaulToPaul 2

Gal 6
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

11 Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.

12 As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.

13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

drbrumley

9*I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
2*That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
3*For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
4*Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
5*Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
6*Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
7*Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
8*That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
9*For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sarah shall have a son.
10*And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
11*(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12*It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13*As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

LoneStar

Yes

Would it mean Peter believed in salvation by grace without the works of the law? I was always curious as to why he had to be rebuked by Paul. Do you think Peter really believed in his heart that works of the law were not necessary but feared the peer pressure of other Jews and reverted back to the old ways when around them?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Would it mean Peter believed in salvation by grace without the works of the law? I was always curious as to why he had to be rebuked by Paul. Do you think Peter really believed in his heart that works of the law were not necessary but feared the peer pressure of other Jews and reverted back to the old ways when around them?

It doesn't matter what Peter believed early on

All who have had faith are in the BOC

Seth, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Elijah, etc are all in the BOC

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Early on? Paul rebuked Peter several years after Jesus rose to heaven. Does yoy mean to say Peter was saved sometime after that rebuke or was Peter already saved when that rebuke happened?

No one knows when Peter was saved. If Peter was saved, then he's in the body

When was Paul saved?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

That's one of the key verses to understand the plot twist in the Bible.

The main one is Galatians 2:7-9.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There was no plot twist

Even the "bold underline" technique can not show a plot twist.

No, it just shows that you're unwilling to learn something different than what you've been taught.

Danoh

There was no plot twist

Even the "bold underline" technique can not show a plot twist.

I've not read Enyart.

But as with what led Ryrie to his "sine qua non" misfire: his looking at a thing through his particular "ism," ten to one; your own "ism" was in your way, once more.

This is why something so simple as the actually intended sense of any one passage or another in Scripture too often ends you up at the foolishness you post.

Your Preterism...given your obvious Incompetentism.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Danoh

No, it just shows that you're unwilling to learn something different than what you've been taught.

That is an issue we all have to face head on and honestly and objectively.

Each our tendency to look at a thing through an "ism" is ever the thing we much each strive to lay aside anew somehow, and each time we reflect on one thing or another; be it our own conclusions, or another's assertions, no matter how odd such might sound.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12.