Islamic Terrorists France: 12 dead, police gunned down

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Only in a way. "Oh! This guy is justifying cold blooded murder". I'm not. Freedom of expression should have a limit - they brought it down to themselves. That's all. I wanted them eliminated - not their lives but what they were doing. Unfortunately the way it was done was foolish and back-firing.

If someone was to print and spread Hitler's book you would certainly stop him or her right? But kill him? Nope but what was done achieved one thing but was in a way more evil. That's all

I think I could go to Barnes & Noble right now and buy Mein Kampf if I wanted. :plain:

Nazaroo

I think I could go to Barnes & Noble right now and buy Mein Kampf if I wanted. :plain:

But the world doesn't need a billion copies of it.

evil_quran.jpg

taqiya-deception.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Only in a way.
Justifying violence as a response to ideas is the sign of an immature mind and/or an idea that can't survive without being shielded from scrutiny. Neither are to be desired.

they brought it down to themselves. That's all.
No, they didn't. If an idea offends you then you present a better one, satirize the satirist if it pleases you or turn your back on it altogether.

If someone was to print and spread Hitler's book you would certainly stop him or her right?
No. No I wouldn't. I think a better idea will always defeat a bad one.

Probably. You could order it on Amazon easily enough.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Well, if the chart someone else posted of Muslim's attitude about the death penalty for blasphemy is correct, Maher would have to be at least in the correct ballpark. There are rather a lot of Muslims in the world.

Someone can support the death penalty for something without supporting what is basically a vigilante justice.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Bill Maher is a booger pickin moron but, that is a different subject for another thread. :plain:

I read something recently that pretty much summed it up well, went something like this:

The only difference between Radical Muslims & Moderate Muslims is that Radical Muslims want to cut your head off, while Moderate Muslims want to see the Radicals cut your head off.

Did Bill Maher say that? :eek:

rexlunae

Someone can support the death penalty for something without supporting what is basically a vigilante justice.

Sure. But I wouldn't want to be caught in a democracy with too many of them. And if the number is correct, how many would support vigilante justice? It must be at least some.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Sure. But I wouldn't want to be caught in a democracy with too many of them. And if the number is correct, how many would support vigilante justice? It must be at least some.

Sure, some. And I wouldn't want to live with too many of those people either. But I fail to see what the point of Maher's comment is.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm assuming you are a Christians who looks at the Bible as the infallible word of God.

You wanted me to agree with you that blasphemy should not be any excuse for violence.

But this contradicts the "mind of God" in the OT. He clearly ordered the stoning of the blasphemer.

So you should tear up the OT before you agree with such an idea.
Christians don't stop at the OT. But even the OT Mosaic Law wouldn't condone what was done in France.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned

Feminism, out of every specialty group, is more relevant to MeinKamph then any other. Using phrases like "if youre not a feminist, then kill yourself" just makes you look like a supreme idiot, you see.

rexlunae

Sure, some. And I wouldn't want to live with too many of those people either. But I fail to see what the point of Maher's comment is.

I think his intention is to point out that there may be a fundamental problem with integrating Islam into pluralistic societies, and there is often an unwillingness to discuss that potential problem. These attitudes are alarmingly prevalent among Muslims from a pretty wide swathe of locales, and even if they aren't willing to personally turn vigilante and carry out assassinations themselves, there are a lot of Muslims who seem willing to advocate for it to happen.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned

I vouch for vigilante justice over instituted vengeance any day.
Because I believe that if life must be taken, it should be by a pounding heart.

Making death systematic is social madness; it is legally quenching bloodthirst

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The West is focusing on a few isolated acts of Islamic violence by a few extremists - but continues to be oblivious to the centuries of their intruding in Middle Eastern affairs and the unreported 1000's upon 1000's of Moslems that have been killed and wounded as a result of this meddling!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think his intention is to point out that there may be a fundamental problem with integrating Islam into pluralistic societies, and there is often an unwillingness to discuss that potential problem. These attitudes are alarmingly prevalent among Muslims from a pretty wide swathe of locales, and even if they aren't willing to personally turn vigilante and carry out assassinations themselves, there are a lot of Muslims who seem willing to advocate for it to happen.

Probably that's his point. But what is the end game? Where does Maher want to go from here? It seems to me that there is a risk of further ostracizing Muslims and it will just send us further down the road that we're on. Do we really want to send a message that Islam is incompatible with what we value, especially when there seems to be at least some (however many there are) Muslims that can live peacefully? Should we build a wall to separate Muslims from us?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ainstream-share-a-lot-of-these-bad-ideas.html

Maher said:
“We’re Americans so we don’t want to single out people, but when you look at that list just since 9/11, then we had the Madrid bombings in ’04, London in ’05, Mumbai, the Kenyan mall, Benghazi, which was one of 20 cities that erupted when that movie Innocence of Muslims was on the Internet, ISIS, Boko Haram who killed an entire village this week, Pakistan last year killing all those kids at the school, Canada parliament, Australia,” said Maher. “What we’ve said all along, and have been called bigots for it, is when there’s this many bad apples, there’s something wrong with the orchard.”

Rushdie said:
Then Rushdie, The Satanic Verses author who is, of course, no stranger to death threats from Muslims, reiterated that the fight was “within Islam” and that the U.S. was just a “sideshow.”

“I said earlier this week that there’d been a deadly mutation in the middle of Islam,” said Rushdie. “This is not a random mutation… This has been a mutation that a lot of work has been put into. Governments, from the Sunni side the Saudi government, on the Shia side the Iranian government, have been putting fortunes of money into making sure that extremist mullahs are preaching in mosques around the world, and in building and developing schools in which a whole generation is being educated in extremism—and trying to prevent other forms of education.”

He added, “I want to express my grief for our fallen comrades. These are people who died doing what we do—being rude about people. But, in a way, we’re the sideshow. This is a project to seize power within the Islamic world. And whether it’s the Taliban, or ISIS, or Boko Haram, or al-Shabaab, or any of these groups, what they’re trying to do is to create a mindset which allows them to conquer the world of Islam.”

Morpheus

Just stepped back to take an overview of this thread. What became apparent was that a large percentage of the posters were feeding on the posts of of hers who,at least somewhat, agreed with their basic viewpoint. I saw a general attitude of anger, tied to hatred, rooted in an underlying fear. When people of like mind collect they use the similar views of others as a signal that they are correct in their assumptions. Groupthink leading to a gang mentality.

Then I considered how these posters collectively selected whatever tenuous "evidence" and testimony they could find to back their preconceptions. The result was, "many terrorists are Muslims, therefore their violence must be the result of Islam." I can also well imagine other people in other places reading this thread with a long history of being used and abused by the "Christian" West; their lives having been made intolerable by exploitation and repeated invasions. Then some of them gather together with others of like mind, gathering tenuous "evidence" and testimony to show that some Christians are violent aggressors who hate those they are exploiting. And since those who are attacking and exploiting them generally claim to be Christians, then Christianity must be the cause. You know, it was in the Crusades.

In both cases there are the well known mouthpieces that make it their mission to spread the message of, "We're under attack and must gather forces to retalliate.". The leaders of hatred that become icons for the other side to point at as evidence. The phrase, "Pot calling the kettle black" comes to mind.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bill Maher is guilty because he opposed those who opposed islam. Not just jihadists, but islam itself which is the problem.