ECT IS THIS ANOTHER GOSPEL ??

Danoh

Hi and dodge does not know that PROTOS means FIRST and PROTOS is also used in 1 Tim 1:16 and in John 2:10 and translated BEGINNING and also in 2 Peter 2:20 !!

A good thing that Paul is not here , as 1 Tim 1:20 would be APPLIED to him !!

dan p

That by itself - the full sense of Paul's inspired assertion that he was the first - would make for a great study all on its own.

Lots in Scripture about what that is actually all about.

Acts 17:11,12

DAN P

That by itself - the full sense of Paul's inspired assertion that he was the first - would make for a great study all on its own.

Lots in Scripture about what that is actually all about.

Acts 17:11,12

Hi and this is why I study the Greek text and will learned how words are really used and where there are also used in different books !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and this is why I study the Greek text and will learned how words are really used and where there are also used in different books !!

dan p

There is that.

And there is the study of a thing beyond that; as an entire study or doctrinal subject.

I meant, not simply a word study, but more a doctrinal one.

In this, the Apostle Paul's "chief of sinners...in me first" is just that - an entire doctrine.

Like Soteriology, or Angelology, or some of the other "ologies" are each an entire doctrine beyond the study of the tense, etc., of a few words, that also comprise mini-doctrines within each of them.

It's a distinction I ran across years ago, while observing how different Mid-Acts based assemblies study things out.

Some of them would focus on the Greek of each passage over a series of studies.

Others would mostly focus on a doctrinal study - on the doctrine of this or that.

When you observe one of those messages where the Pastor or Teacher is going "come with me to this passage over here, and also this other one over here, and this one over here" for an hour or so, that is usually a doctrinal study - all the passages sharing a same particular doctrine (or teaching on a thing) that together, paint a fuller picture of the subject being studied out.

As when one goes through all those passages in the OT, just to get at, or bring out a much more richer sense, say, of John 10's "other sheep, not of this fold" - which is actually a doctrine within Israelology that Israel had been expected to understand.

That sort of thing.

I suspect this is partly why the soundbyte approach on a forum so often fails.

The result of that is like handing someone some random piece out of a jigsaw puzzle.

Anyway, hope that clears up what I'd meant :)

Rom. 5:8

DAN P

There is that.

And there is the study of a thing beyond that; as an entire study or doctrinal subject.

I meant, not simply a word study, but more a doctrinal one.

In this, the Apostle Paul's "chief of sinners...in me first" is just that - an entire doctrine.

Like Soteriology, or Angelology, or some of the other "ologies" are each an entire doctrine beyond the study of the tense, etc., of a few words, that also comprise mini-doctrines within each of them.

It's a distinction I ran across years ago, while observing how different Mid-Acts based assemblies study things out.

Some of them would focus on the Greek of each passage over a series of studies.

Others would mostly focus on a doctrinal study - on the doctrine of this or that.

When you observe one of those messages where the Pastor or Teacher is going "come with me to this passage over here, and also this other one over here, and this one over here" for an hour or so, that is usually a doctrinal study - all the passages sharing a same particular doctrine (or teaching on a thing) that together, paint a fuller picture of the subject being studied out.

As when one goes through all those passages in the OT, just to get at, or bring out a much more richer sense, say, of John 10's "other sheep, not of this fold" - which is actually a doctrine within Israelology that Israel had been expected to understand.

That sort of thing.

I suspect this is partly why the soundbyte approach on a forum so often fails.

The result of that is like handing someone some random piece out of a jigsaw puzzle.

Anyway, hope that clears up what I'd meant :)

Hi and I believe I have the BEST approach and doctrine is just means teaching as it teach context and all will learn the word BETTER !!

dan p

DAN P

Completely missed my point :chuckle:

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

Hi and we are both responsible how we handle the word correctly and this the way I will handle it when answering any verse and I love my position !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and we are both responsible how we handle the word correctly and this the way I will handle it when answering any verse and I love my position !!

dan p

Just because you love your position does not make it better nor best; that is just your finding for you.

That is all it is.

Like the woman who said to me when I was a child that her cooking was healthy just because it tasted really good.

Today her and the hub are both diabetic.

Fact of the matter, many have one piece of the puzzle or another.

The measure of faith is what that's called, Rom. 12:3.

Your measure is no better than any other's.

"Best" to attempt to learn something of use from all approaches, Eph. 4:16.

Lastly, very often, the Greek is not really necessary - so there :chuckle:

DAN P

Just because you love your position does not make it better nor best; that is just your finding for you.

That is all it is.

Like the woman who said to me when I was a child that her cooking was healthy just because it tasted really good.

Today her and the hub are both diabetic.

Fact of the matter, many have one piece of the puzzle or another.

The measure of faith is what that's called, Rom. 12:3.

Your measure is no better than any other's.

"Best" to attempt to learn something of use from all approaches, Eph. 4:16.

Lastly, very often, the Greek is not really necessary - so there :chuckle:

Hi so chuckle and I am LAUGHING !!

dan p

DAN P

Nah - you were looking for your glasses - you're blind as a bat; remember?

:chuckle:

Hi and both eyes have had the cataracts removed , and long distance is great , and only the close distance is yet not in place !

If you get some glasses , JUST maybe you will see those VERBS , maybe you are to OLD to learn ?

dan p