ECT IS THIS ANOTHER GOSPEL ??

dodge

Hi and I did at one time believe in WATER BAPTISM , and went along , as I could not really understand it , like many also do today !

We see that Water Baptism was given to Israel in Matt 3:3-8 and some HAD to prove that they were really Repented , in verse 8 and you believe that WATER BAPTISM saves , even when it is pointed out that is is a Jewish order and Heb 9:10 where there were various BAPTISMS !!

Why do you accept water baptism and , THEN reject animal sacrifice , the Sabbath and not go to the Temple to worship and do you have a PRIEST ??

dan p

dan, think why did Paul get baptized and baptize others if baptism was for Israel ?

If Jesus is Not your apostle and High priest then you are lost.

dodge

Hi and where does it say ONLY ONE GOSPEL with a verse ??

So , what does CHARIS / GRACE mean ??

dan p

Every gospel in the NT says " the" .

The gospel of God.
The gospel of grace.
The gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The everlasting gospel.

They are all the same gospel because there is only one gospel.
Satan has lied and has folks believing there is more than one gospel,sadly. Has God said still works.

SaulToPaul 2

The gospel of God.
The gospel of grace.
The everlasting gospel.

Satan has lied and has folks believing there is more than one gospel,sadly. Has God said still works.

:chuckle:

DAN P

The gospel of God.
The gospel of grace.
The everlasting gospel.

Hi and as USUAL you will study what words really means and you should be ASHAMED !!

The Greek word GOSPEL / EUAGGELION means GOOD TIDINGS and this word a noun comes from the Greek word ANGELOS wich means a MESSENGER !!

Get your SO-CALLED FACTS straight before writing !!

So what are the GOOD TIDING where you see the word Gospel ??

You have no CLUE as I see and are TRYING hard , but no banana !!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Heb 5
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

IP believes Christ was a sinner, folks.
Is there no end to the things he will make up out of thin air?
It's atrocious what he does to scripture.

Interplanner

It's atrocious what he does to scripture.

Your gang is pretty stupid. The context is that the expression was about us as sinners who need justification. Christ did not, although he was 'reckoned as sin' 2 Cor 5, but that is a special sense that I was not using.

You are stuck in your D'ism's mistakes and you need to trash it, not me.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your gang is pretty stupid. The context is that the expression was about us as sinners who need justification. Christ did not, although he was 'reckoned as sin' 2 Cor 5, but that is a special sense that I was not using.

I'm stuck in believing scripture.
You are not.
I am not stuck in believing commentaries.
You are.

Interplanner

Actually you have a lot of misconceptions.

Anyway, I was not referring to Christ, you need to retract your insult. It was about people who are sinners who need justification.

Danoh

Actually you have a lot of misconceptions.

Anyway, I was not referring to Christ, you need to retract your insult. It was about people who are sinners who need justification.

In bold the very definition of...a double-standard.

DAN P

What do you question?

1. That the Gospel is eternal?

2. That the grace of God is revealed in the Lord Jesus Christ?

3. That both facts are the same good news?

Hi and here is what I means when you say GOSPEL !!

In Rom 2:16 , Paul calls it MY GOSPEL , the Greek word MY is EMPHATIC and it means it is only Paul's good news !!

#2 , This is called the GOSPEL of Christ in Gal 1:11 and 12 because this good new came by revelation from Jesus Christ by revelation !!

#3 , There is the GOSPEL of Peace because brings Peace to the believer Rom 10:15 !!

#4 , In Rom 1:9 it is called the GOOD NEWS of His Son !!

#In Rom 1:1 the good news is called the GOSPEL of God , because Christ is the GOOD NEWS of that Gospel !!

And there are at least 4 more GOOD NEWS and that is what Gospel means and this means there are more than one GOSPEL and Good news !!

dan p

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hi and here is what I means when you say GOSPEL !!

In Rom 2:16 , Paul calls it MY GOSPEL , the Greek word MY is EMPHATIC and it means it is only Paul's good news !!

The Gospel was Paul's because the Gospel has the power to save souls such as Paul's. It is not Paul's good news that has the power to save, but the good news about Jesus Christ's sinless incarnation, vicarious death, and justifying resurrection.

#2 , This is called the GOSPEL of Christ in Gal 1:11 and 12 because this good new came by revelation from Jesus Christ by revelation !!

Correct.

#3 , There is the GOSPEL of Peace because brings Peace to the believer Rom 10:15 !!

Correct.

#4 , In Rom 1:9 it is called the GOOD NEWS of His Son !!

Correct.

#In Rom 1:1 the good news is called the GOSPEL of God , because Christ is the GOOD NEWS of that Gospel !!

And there are at least 4 more GOOD NEWS and that is what Gospel means and this means there are more than one GOSPEL and Good news !!

dan p

But other than your first interpretation, you define the Gospel of Jesus Christ the same way 3 times, and if you quoted the 4 additional times you have in mind, they would not differ.

All references to the Gospel are about Jesus Christ.

Paul only calls this Gospel "My Gospel" because it is the only good news that saved him. Every regenerated believer can call the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "My Gospel" because there is no other name under heaven, except Jesus Christ by which a sinner can be saved, or find peace of soul.

Every teaching of the Gospel in the Bible, does not mean another Gospel.

There is only one Son of God, Jesus Christ, who saves sinners. So there is only one Gospel and no matter how many times it is taught, it is always about Him.

Danoh

The Gospel was Paul's because the Gospel has the power to save souls such as Paul's. It is not Paul's good news that has the power to save, but the good news about Jesus Christ's sinless incarnation, vicarious death, and justifying resurrection.

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

But other than your first interpretation, you define the Gospel of Jesus Christ the same way 3 times, and if you quoted the 4 additional times you have in mind, they would not differ.

Paul only calls this Gospel "My Gospel" because it is the only good news that saved him. Every regenerated believer can call the Gospel of Jesus Christ, "My Gospel" because there is no other name under heaven, except Jesus Christ by which a sinner can be saved, or find peace of soul.

There is only one Son of God, Jesus Christ, who saves sinners. So there is only one Gospel and no matter how many times it is taught, it is always about Him.

What THEY are basically (erroneously) asserting is that the gospel of God and the gospel of Christ both mentioned in Romans 1, are not the same.

As Paul opens Romans, all he is basically asserting is that he was called into his ministry by the very same Jesus Christ that God had Prophesied about prior to Paul.

That is all he is asserting about that there, as he opens Romans.

This is a common theme running throughout Paul's writings because he often found himself having to state that such was the case about his calling because he was preaching Israel's Christ out among the Gentiles and his calling was being called in doubt, as a result.

Nevertheless, Romans 5:8

Nang

TOL Subscriber
What THEY are basically (erroneously) asserting is that the gospel of God and the gospel of Christ both mentioned in Romans 1, are not the same.

But God and Jesus Christ are the same . . .

As Paul opens Romans, all he is basically asserting is that he was called into his ministry by the very same Jesus Christ that God had Prophesied about prior to Paul.

Then discussion should be had regarding the difference between the Gospel and the ministry of men.

God is the Author of the Gospel message, and Paul is not the sole believer and deliverer of that message.

Jews and Gentiles have been given the good news of the Saviour through Godly promise since the beginning of time, and in the fullness of time, witnessed Him with their own eyes.

All way before Paul ever saw Him.

The mantle of the preaching of the Gospel does not fall upon the shoulders of Paul, but is the commission of the Holy Spirit of Christ. Always has been and always will be.

God Himself, convicts and convinces men of His Truth. John 16:13-15

DAN P

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Hi and again , your understanding of what a TRANSLITERATED word means and the question is GOOD NEWS about what ? is your DILEMMA and the trees are blocking your sight !!

dan p

Danoh

But God and Jesus Christ are the same . . .

Then discussion should be had regarding the difference between the Gospel and the ministry of men.

God is the Author of the Gospel message, and Paul is not the sole believer and deliverer of that message.

Jews and Gentiles have been given the good news of the Saviour through Godly promise since the beginning of time, and in the fullness of time, witnessed Him with their own eyes.

All way before Paul ever saw Him.

The mantle of the preaching of the Gospel does not fall upon the shoulders of Paul, but is the commission of the Holy Spirit of Christ. Always has been and always will be.

God Himself, convicts and convinces men of His Truth. John 16:13-15

I'll have to differ with you on all that.

It is crystal clear evident in the Scripture that the content of Paul's preaching of the gospel of Christ is different from that content preached by the Twelve.

They were preaching to Israel that Jesus was their Prophesied Christ.

In contrast, Paul's is an everyman ministry not only after Israel's fall, but one that would not be preaching to a non-Israelite that Jesus was their Prophesied Christ - for He was not.

Both aspects of the gospel of Christ share both similarities, and differences.

In Matthew thru John, for example, what are Israelites expected to believe the gospel of Christ is, those three and a half years prior to the Cross - that He died for their sins?

No.

Rather, that He IS THEIR PROPHESIED Christ.

What is it in Early Acts?

That He Whom THEY had Crucified WAS THEIR PROPHESIED Christ.

Faith is the issue in each case.

At the same time, it's object differs somewhat.

And as does the expectation of required accompanying behaviour in each of those cases.

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'll have to differ with you on all that.

It is crystal clear evident in the Scripture that the content of Paul's preaching of the gospel Christ is different from that content preached by the Twelve.

They were preaching to Israel that Jesus was their Prophesied Christ.

In contrast, Paul's is an everyman ministry not only after Israel's fall, but one that would not be preaching to a non-Israelite that Jesus was their Prophesied Christ - for He was not.

Major theological and serious homiletic FAIL.

The object (Jesus Christ) of the Gospel never changes; only the audience, language, and culture (subjects) differences needs to be addressed accordingly, but with the same and one true message of God's saving grace.

dodge

Hi and again , your understanding of what a TRANSLITERATED word means and the question is GOOD NEWS about what ? is your DILEMMA and the trees are blocking your sight !!

dan p

no dan her sight is not blocked but yours is. It is ALL about Christ Jesus who Paul said to follow as he followed Him, and yet you diminish Jesus and elevate Paul which is nothing short of blasphemy.