Is the Holy Spirit Female?

Zeke

You don't believe the scriptures.

You don't believe that God had much to do with the Holy Bible as it is written and that He knew exactly what would be in it; and, that it would be exactly how He wanted it to be.

Bizarre isn't it? How you just contradicted your whole self.

Yea I know I'm always pointing out ridiculous things like the dead letter kills when read literally 2Cor 3:6, spiritually read its a treasure trove of information that surpasses the scrambled egg psychosis like you partake in, that can't figure out what represents the flesh verses the spirit, death and life, dark and light, parable verses reality, you read the blueprint/pattern and can't figure where to find the material list. I don't idolize the bible or Jesus no more than I would any pattern, the substance of the images/pattern used is the glorious light in us Luke 17:21, more ridiculous points I like to add to the traditional mixing bowl of death and life. The life in scripture is learned spiritually through revelation, the unreliable human intellect with its propensity toward egocentric/emotional carnality fed by judgments learned on dead letter indoctrination is the spiritual stumbling block you keep falling over, spellbound by the instruction Manuel like a little school girl with puppy love.

God's Truth

Wow.....you'll have to reference scripture for that claim, sorry.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I already did but you refuse to believe it.

First hand witnesses is what is required.

That is one.

I have now proven it with more scripture than what is required.

Luke 1:1-4 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

Acts 1:21 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”

God's Truth

Yea I know I'm always pointing out ridiculous things like the dead letter kills when read literally 2Cor 3:6, spiritually read its a treasure trove of information that surpasses the scrambled egg psychosis like you partake in, that can't figure out what represents the flesh verses the spirit, death and life, dark and light, parable verses reality, you read the blueprint/pattern and can't figure where to find the material list.

You are badly mistaken.

That scripture does not mean what you say it does.

I don't idolize the bible or Jesus no more than I would any pattern, the substance of the images/pattern used is the glorious light in us Luke 17:21, more ridiculous points I like to add to the traditional mixing bowl of death and life.

You tell us how lost you are and how much you do not understand.

You said you do not idolize Jesus.

Jesus is sitting on the throne.

It is not a sin to worship the one who sits on the throne.

The life in scripture is learned spiritually through revelation, the unreliable human intellect with its propensity toward egocentric/emotional carnality fed by judgments learned on dead letter indoctrination is the spiritual stumbling block you keep falling over, spellbound by the instruction Manuel like a little school girl with puppy love.

You need to relearn what that scripture says and means.

I would like to help you.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Our mother from above......

Our mother from above......

I have tried before to stop the off OP comments but even reporting doesn't work. :idunno:

I'm still waiting for @Tiger2 to respond to my last post #201 on page 14!: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...pirit-Female&p=5171350&viewfull=1#post5171350

I think for a JW and some other Unitarians, the holy spirit as the 'active force' of God holds, even is one properly grants both masculine and feminine qualities to the divine nature. Since God is Spirit, and God is one, all gender is inherent in and expressed thru Spirit.

As mentioned earlier, it matters not how God is personified in any way or not,.....the concept of Deity as a 'Father-Mother-God' is a complete comprehension of Deity, in its parental function wherever the synergy of gender exists in creation.

While spirit is neuter in Greek, convention has it to refer to 'it' as 'he' as such a masculine pronoun usually has priority unless the word has feminine nuance. Since the spirit of truth also seems to function as a personality or can relate personally, 'he' is applied. It has been indicated as well that the word 'paraclete' (helper) is in the masculine, but would need confirmation on that.

In any case, this still does not diminish the feminine nature inherent to and originating from Deity, and if one holds an orthodox model of the Trinity, the holy spirit would naturally fit as the divine Mother (in a father-mother-son) triad.

No dogma or creed necessarily has to be made on these points, but only the recognition and respect due to our divine Parent who fathers and mothers all souls and the whole of creation. Again the mandate to honor both father and mother reflects the higher heavenly principles as forms on earth reflect their heavenly counterparts. Gender originates from God in its co-creative expression, as the natural world mirrors the spiritual.

popsthebuilder

I already did but you refuse to believe it.

First hand witnesses is what is required.

That is one.

I have now proven it with more scripture than what is required.

Luke 1:1-4 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word.

Acts 1:21 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 22 beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”
What are you talking about?

I need scripture for this statement you made.

"we are not to go to other prophets. Jesus is the last prophet. No other books of other prophets are to be accepted."

God's Truth

What are you talking about?

I need scripture for this statement you made.

"we are not to go to other prophets. Jesus is the last prophet. No other books of other prophets are to be accepted."

Are you blind?

Those scriptures I gave say first hand witnesses.

It is hard for you isn't it, because you don't want to give up your romance with the Qur'an, and whatever other lady of falseness.

popsthebuilder

Are you blind?

Those scriptures I gave say first hand witnesses.

It is hard for you isn't it, because you don't want to give up your romance with the Qur'an, and whatever other lady of falseness.
What .....Jesus himself said who isn't against is for....it's that simple.

If the teachings of the Quran where opposed to the teachings of the bible or against the Messiah the Christ the Spirit of GOD, the holy Messenger and Judge in whom GOD placed HIS Word, then maybe you would have some point.....but that isn't the case.

I'm still waiting on the scripture that says anything close to what I quoted you saying it said.

God's Truth

What .....Jesus himself said who isn't against is for....it's that simple.

Luke 11:23 He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

What don't you get about that you are going against Jesus when you preach from other prophets and other witnesses?

You are not only speaking untruths about Jesus according to the Qur'an, but you are speaking untruths about the Qur'an.

If the teachings of the Quran where opposed to the teachings of the bible or against the Messiah the Christ the Spirit of GOD, the holy Messenger and Judge in whom GOD placed HIS Word, then maybe you would have some point.....but that isn't the case.

I'm still waiting on the scripture that says anything close to what I quoted you saying it said.

I get it that it is hard for you to break up with what you thought was true; however, you must put Jesus above other prophets, and that means the prophet of the Qur'an.

The Qur'an is not told by an eyewitness.

Last edited:

God's Truth

First hand eye witnesses to write scriptures:

Must be from the Jewish line through Isaac and David:

John 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Romans 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David,

Matthew 1:1
This is the record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Genesis 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

popsthebuilder

First hand eye witnesses to write scriptures:

Must be from the Jewish line through Isaac and David:

John 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Romans 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David,

Matthew 1:1
This is the record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Genesis 21:12 And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Still waiting friend

God's Truth

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

We are established by the first hand witnesses of the gospel and the teachings of Jesus Christ, as prophesied in the Old Testament and revealed by Paul and the other Apostles.

Everything that the Apostles taught were testified to by God.

Do you understand that?

God testified to the one and only gospel by allowing the apostles to do miraculous things.

Hebrews 2:4
God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Mark 6:7 Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over impure spirits.

Matthew 10:1
Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

God did not testify to other writings, including but not limited to the Catechism, Joseph Smith's books, and the Qur'an, or any other books.

popsthebuilder

Denial is not a defense.

You will have to wait until you humble yourself.
I'm sorry but humbling myself has little to do with being gullible or seeing what isn't there.....you know.....those things you expressly stated where in the bible that you have yet to produce?

God's Truth

I'm sorry but humbling myself has little to do with being gullible or seeing what isn't there.....you know.....those things you expressly stated where in the bible that you have yet to produce?

Again, you just denying it is no defense.

Why not address what I wrote and the scriptures I gave instead of just denying that it proves what it says?

Not only that, why not give the scriptures that say we will need another prophet taught by an angel?

While you try to find the scripture in the Holy Bible that says that, you might come across this warning:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

popsthebuilder

Again, you just denying it is no defense.

Why not address what I wrote and the scriptures I gave instead of just denying that it proves what it says?

Not only that, why not give the scriptures that say we will need another prophet taught by an angel?

While you try to find the scripture in the Holy Bible that says that, you might come across this warning:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
The Quran is not another gospel.

You know I believe there to be a single gospel.

God's Truth

The Quran is not another gospel.

You know I believe there to be a single gospel.

I know that you believe in other gospels.

The Qur'an is another gospel given by an angel.

Maybe you don't know that Muhammad wasn't a first hand eye witness to Jesus and he wasn't even born yet?

The Qur'an wasn't testified to by God with healing the blind and raising the dead, etc.

popsthebuilder

I know that you believe in other gospels.

The Qur'an is another gospel given by an angel.

Maybe you don't know that Muhammad wasn't a first hand eye witness to Jesus and he wasn't even born yet?

The Qur'an wasn't testified to by God with healing the blind and raising the dead, etc.
I try not to take issue with most of your.....stuff. but you are attacking my very doctrine and saying it is wholly different from what it is. I believe in One Gospel and One GOD.

I am asking you to please not say that I hold belief in separate Gospels of GOD because I do not. I would ask the same about other things you presupose about me, but they aren't as imoortant as this one to me personally.

please

God's Truth

I try not to take issue with most of your.....stuff. but you are attacking my very doctrine and saying it is wholly different from what it is. I believe in One Gospel and One GOD.

I am asking you to please not say that I hold belief in separate Gospels of GOD because I do not. I would ask the same about other things you presupose about me, but they aren't as imoortant as this one to me personally.

please

You get to say what you want, and I do too.

Don't be a hypocrite.

I don't think you believe in the Holy Bible as it is written.

You have to prove it that you believe the Holy Bible; and, you have to prove the Qur'an is not another gospel.

Tell me now so we can clear that up.

Did God command animal sacrifices?

Did Jesus have to be killed?

Is Jesus the Son of God, or just a citizen from God, or a kind of God, or just a follower of God?

Does the Bible say God is a 'Father' and a 'He'? Or does it say God is a female, or female and male, or merely an "It", as you have claimed?

Did Jesus tell us of another prophet to come later that is Muhammad?

What does the Qur'an teach about the Holy Spirit?

How about you clarify some things?

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

You get to say what you want, and I do too.

Don't be a hypocrite.

I don't think you believe in the Holy Bible as it is written.

Tell me now so we can clear that up.

Did God command animal sacrifices?

Did Jesus have to be killed?

Is Jesus the Son of God, or just a citizen from God, or a kind of God, or just a follower of God?

Does the Bible say God is a 'Father' and a 'He'? Or does it say God is a female, or female and male, or merely an "It", as you have claimed?

Did Jesus tell us of another prophet to come later that is Muhammad?

How about you clarify somethings?
I did when I stated I believe One Gospel and GOD.

you asked me to not disclose a factual thing about you....I didn't really understand but listened to your request, and attempt to to this day. Yet you feel the need to promote what you know I go against as if I promote it myself.

It is a simple genuine honest easy request.

God's Truth

I did when I stated I believe One Gospel and GOD.

you asked me to not disclose a factual thing about you....I didn't really understand but listened to your request, and attempt to to this day. Yet you feel the need to promote what you know I go against as if I promote it myself.

It is a simple genuine honest easy request.

I don't understand really what you are saying in this post.

I have only said that I do not say whether or not I am male or female. I do not say either way.

Now stop trying to get out of answering the questions.

You are debating me about the Bible and the Qur'an.

So you should be prepared to give an account.