Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
btw, artie's behavior here is almost exactly the same as that of Robin Williams' character's wife in What Dreams May Come

i may look up the author of the screenplpay and see what he (she?) used for inspiration

Arthur Brain

:think:

would they have helped you if you had cursed them and spit on them?

would they have helped you if you had scourged them and nailed them to a cross?

Not in the habit of doing either so I wouldn't have blamed anybody for keeping a wide berth if I had. That being said, what did Jesus say about those who did?

the "kindness and compassion" you recognize is a false kind, as Pneuma has been trying to explain to you

but it's the only kind you've ever known, it's the only kind you know now, it's the only kind you will ever know unless you turn to Christ, so in your limited thinking it's the only kind that exists

you're like a child

you are a child, pretending to drink milk when it's really watered down paste

Well, no and you know nothing of compassion, kindness and empathy as it is. I feel sorry for you in that regard.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... you know nothing of compassion, kindness and empathy ...

you have no basis upon which to make that evaluation

you're like a third grader criticizing a professor of differential equations on math concepts

and i suspect that your understanding of higher math is so poor that you won't get why that's an apt analogy :sigh:

Arthur Brain

:think:

would they have helped you if you had cursed them and spit on them?

would they have helped you if you had scourged them and nailed them to a cross?

btw, artie's behavior here is almost exactly the same as that of Robin Wiliam's character's wife in What Dreams May Come

i may look up the author of the screenplpay and see what he (she?) used for inspiration

Oh, my "behaviour" here is that of a normal person, someone capable of feeling empathy for others. Some understanding, consideration outside of certain religious doctrine. Also negative attributes as well but that's all part and parcel of being human.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Well, yes I do having being fortunate enough to have received it in moments in my life. You can erroneously presume as much as you will but having a grand lexicon at your disposal doesn't equate to truth. You come across as a grandiose but clanging cymbal frankly.

The words mean what they mean (as I have represented), and they don’t mean what you assign them to mean.

This is sin for you, just as it is for those whom you hold in high esteem for their Coram Mundo (before men) actions from the source of their own sin state of being.

This is the torment in the lake of fire. Having and holding all these internal standards rather than having the life and truth of God as your ontology for all economy.

You may despise my lexicon, but it’s biblical and you don’t have one. So again, this is your sin. You can’t escape it, and the harder you argue and fight against the truth it is hades on this earth for you (whether you ever realize it or not).

This very thing is the hades - along with death - that will be cast into the lake of fire. And you are providing an example of the torment of the lake of fire. You’ll get to be alone and arguing within yourself for all everlasting for your standard against God’s.

And he’ll still have mercy that rejoices against that judgment that you will have brought upon yourself.

Arthur Brain

you have no basis upon which to make that evaluation

you're like a third grader correcting a professor of differential equations on math concepts

You're just like a third grader, and a real immature one at that.

Well, this was fun but having a conversation with an adult is more appealing so buh bye doser and have fun with the usual.

glorydaz

btw, artie's behavior here is almost exactly the same as that of Robin Williams' character's wife in What Dreams May Come

Artie's behaviour is absolutely fine. He is trying to have a discussion like an adult.

Try it, you might like it.

Arthur Brain

The words mean what they mean (as I have represented), and they don’t mean what you assign them to mean.

This is sin for you, just as it is for those whom you hold in high esteem for their Coram Mundo (before men) actions from the source of their own sin state of being.

This is the torment in the lake of fire. Having and holding all these internal standards rather than having the life and truth of God as your ontology for all economy.

You may despise my lexicon, but it’s biblical and you don’t have one. So again, this is your sin. You can’t escape it, and the harder you argue and fight against the truth it is hades on this earth for you (whether you ever realize it or not).

This very thing is the hades - along with death - that will be cast into the lake of fire. And you are providing an example of the torment of the lake of fire. You’ll get to be alone and arguing within yourself for all everlasting for your standard against God’s.

And he’ll still have mercy that rejoices against that judgment that you will have brought upon yourself.

Well, thanks an' all but you ain't the judge of me or anyone else and you're not the first to pompously assert the likes of the above as it is.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You're just like a third grader, and a real immature one at that.

Well, this was fun but having a conversation with an adult is more appealing so buh bye doser and have fun with the usual.

who is like a 3rd grader? Koban :idunno:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
AB: Yours may be “common” behavior, but it is not “normal”.

Normality is that which is according to divine order without spiritual death and sin. Your state of being is common, not normal; therefore your thoughts and actions are common, not normal.

You literally don’t authentically know what anything means or is. This is because your corrupted epistemics have never been uncorrupted by the Incorruptible One - Jesus Christ the Lord.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Well, thanks an' all but you ain't the judge of me or anyone else and you're not the first to pompously assert the likes of the above as it is.

None of this is my subjective opinion. This is the objective absolute truth of the inspired text of infallible and innerrant scripture, as given by the Holy Spirit through Apostolic human authorship for all His purposes.

Your argument is not with me. I’m transparent to the meanings of the text. And I’m not “judging” you. I’m judging all things as I’ve been admonished to do.

glorydaz

AB: Yours may be “common” behavior, but it is not “normal”.

Normality is that which is according to divine order without spiritual death and sin. Your state of being is common, not normal; therefore your thoughts and actions are common, not normal.

You literally don’t authentically know what anything means or is. This is because your corrupted epistemics have never been uncorrupted by the Incorruptible One - Jesus Christ the Lord.

I'm surprised you are able to make any sort of judgement on the state of AB's heart, and I think you're reading something into what he said that is not actually there.

glorydaz

None of this is my subjective opinion. This is the objective absolute truth of the inspired text of infallible and innerrant scripture, as given by the Holy Spirit through Apostolic human authorship for all His purposes.

Your argument is not with me. I’m transparent to the meanings of the text. And I’m not “judging” you. I’m judging all things as I’ve been admonished to do.

I'm to judge all things, as well, and now what?