Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
you have no basis upon which to make that evaluation

you're like a third grader criticizing a professor of differential equations on math concepts

and i suspect that your understanding of higher math is so poor that you won't get why that's an apt analogy :sigh:

But this is quite literally you regarding authentic lexicography from the divinely inspired text. That’s all I’ve said in my posts. Lexical truth from the Word.

It is you who misuse words and presume many things based upon low-context English conceptualizations that are wrong as replacements for that which is valid and true.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I'm surprised you are able to make any sort of judgement on the state of AB's heart, and I think you're reading something into what he said that is not actually there.

I’m not judging his heart. I’m using him as an example. I probably should have depersonalized everything, but that’s more tedious in expression.

Delete anything that is presumed as personal judgment.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
But this is quite literally you regarding authentic lexicography from the divinely inspired text. That’s all I’ve said in my posts. Lexical truth from the Word.

It is you who misuse words and presume many things based upon low-context English conceptualizations that are wrong as replacements for that which is valid and true.

which words do you think i misuse?

Arthur Brain

AB: Yours may be “common” behavior, but it is not “normal”.

Normality is that which is according to divine order without spiritual death and sin. Your state of being is common, not normal; therefore your thoughts and actions are common, not normal.

You literally don’t authentically know what anything means or is. This is because your corrupted epistemics have never been uncorrupted by the Incorruptible One - Jesus Christ the Lord.

Hey, when I was on the verge of being on the streets at one point in my life I was taken in by people who showed me kindness, compassion and practical help. You can prattle on about how I don't know what anything is and ramble on about "epistemics" et al and how the "heathen" or whatnot are incapable of true altruism until the cows do or don't come home. You strike me as someone who's never been in a position where such aid may have been needed and resemble the pomposity of the legalists in the Bible.

glorydaz

That's very wordy and everything but it doesn't require belief in order to have compassion and altruism for other people. Take the Parable of the Good Samaritan. It works in more than one way but his actions are at the core, not his beliefs. While people of supposed faith are ignoring the injured man in the street, the Samaritan shows true love towards his fellow man, going above and beyond to care for his needs and wanting nothing in return. I've seen that in action with people who both believe and don't. I've seen a complete lack of such attributes in people who believe and don't as well.

And you're quite right.

God created man with a conscience to know right from wrong.

The good Samaritan showed MERCY to his neighbor...which those under the law did not.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Hey, when I was on the verge of being on the streets at one point in my life I was taken in by people who showed me kindness, compassion and practical help. You can prattle on about how I don't know what anything is and ramble on about "epistemics" et al and how the "heathen" or whatnot are incapable of true altruism until the cows do or don't come home. You strike me as someone who's never been in a position where such aid may have been needed and resemble the pomposity of the legalists in the Bible.

does it make you feel better to lash out at someone who is trying to help you?

Arthur Brain

None of this is my subjective opinion. This is the objective absolute truth of the inspired text of infallible and innerrant scripture, as given by the Holy Spirit through Apostolic human authorship for all His purposes.

Your argument is not with me. I’m transparent to the meanings of the text. And I’m not “judging” you. I’m judging all things as I’ve been admonished to do.

Oh, okay.

:e4e: