Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
1. One can absolutely believe in an eternal paradise without people needing to be tortured for infinity to power the generators.
2. So I take it that you will be ready to retract those words when I post what Justin actually said? Acknowledge yes or no please.

Here, I'll save you the trouble:

http://www.bible.ca/H-hell.htm

Hell is something which every religion that includes Jesus holds to. Primarily, Christians and Muslims. Hell is something that just comes with the belief, as Jesus did not warn so terribly that it's better for a person to be maimed or dismembered than to simply die in eternal sleep. It was most certainly about Hell, with the Valley of Hinnom being as symbolic to it as Rome being Babylon.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Infinite LOVE.......

Infinite LOVE.......

You are not a Christian. What you posit is not Christian. You are on a forum that, by your presennce, is it an adulterated forum. The same can be said regarding the disposition of Arthur's brain as well as Rosestwitch. . . satanic all.

The above video is presented for learning purposes only, not to promote the particular denomination or theology of the presenter.

I'm on my kindle fire tablet and having problems with embedding videos, so had to tinker a bit in editor mode :)

Stop the insanity.

Love wills salvation, healing, restoration.

Infinite love does not change.

However....that which is wholly taken over by iniquity and dominated by sin cannot endure and will perish.

way 2 go

eternal conscious punishment deniers in which verse did Jesus lie ?

consciousness of the departed,
fire for the unrepentant to stand in

Luk 16:24**And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

a protected place with Abraham right next to the unpleasant place,

Luk 16:26**And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

eternal conscious punishment deniers in which verse did Jesus lie ?

fire for the unrepentant to stand in

Luk 16:24**And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

a protected place with Abraham right next to the unpleasant place,

Luk 16:26**And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Watch some say that is only for the lost sheep of the House of Israel.

Cross Reference

The above video is presented for learning purposes only, not to promote the particular denomination or theology of the presenter.

I'm on my kindle fire tablet and having problems with embedding videos, so had to tinker a bit in editor mode :)

Stop the insanity.

However....that which is wholly taken over by iniquity and dominated by sin cannot endure and will perish.

"And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead." Revelation 3:1 (KJV)

Cross Reference

Speaking of compromising with the world, Peter wrote this:

"For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." 2 Peter 2:20-22 (KJV)

Do you all who think Peter's letters were strictly to the Jews and was limiting this to them as a warning but also to anyone else who had come into the salvation of God by Jesus Christ?

Arthur Brain

You are not a Christian. What you posit is not Christian. You are on a forum that, by your presennce, is it an adulterated forum. The same can be said regarding the disposition of Arthur's brain as well as Rosestwitch. . . satanic all.

Plenty of Christians don't believe in your sick doctrine. Most of the early church didn't either by way of. You wanna stick with some warped dogma that promotes the endless suffering of other people then you go right ahead.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
always remember that not only is artie not a Christian, but that he's been rejecting the Salvation Message in all the time he's been here

can't get more retarded than that, eh?

Arthur Brain

I'll generous with you. Perhaps you like to explain why you believe my "doctrine" is sick? Go for it.

You'll "generous" with me will you? That's nice...

Well, it should be obvious but the interminable, unending suffering of other people is what's sick dude. You wanna believe in capricious cruelty then you go ahead. For most who haven't been either brainwashed into such dogma or possess something resembling love, empathy etc it remains for what it is. Sick.

I hope you have more than that bs to offer?

It's not 'bs' as much as you may like to claim so.

way 2 go

Plenty of Christians don't believe in your sick doctrine.

plenty of non christian believe in hell
Most of the early church didn't either by way of.

stno.gif

You wanna stick with some warped dogma that promotes the endless suffering of other people then you go right ahead.

we have your permission to believe Jesus

Mat 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

woah1.gif

way 2 go

always remember that not only is artie not a Christian, but that he's been rejecting the Salvation Message in all the time he's been here

can't get more retarded than that, eh?

artie should commit these verses to memory

Mat 12:36**But I say to you, that every idle word, whatever men may speak, they shall give an account of it in Judgment Day.
Mat 12:37**For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Arthur Brain

plenty of non christian believe in hell

stno.gif

we have your permission to believe Jesus

Mat 25:46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

woah1.gif

Well if it isn't Captain Gifmeister at the 'helm' again.

You really are one puerile individual. Some day you might just learn what love entails and involves. It's in Corinthians if you're interested. You reflect nothing of the sort.

Cross Reference

Stop the insanity.

God alone can only will love because He IS Love. His Name IS Love. Learn that. Seek Him while His LOVE can yet be found.