Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Aimiel

Except that the Bible says that the smoke rises forever, so no. The torment can end without the smoke from the torment stopping.
When a fire goes out, the smoke stops, eventually. The Bible says that smoke coming from their torment ascends for ever and ever. I believe The Bible.

OCTOBER23

1067 γέεννα geenna gheh’-en-nah

1) "Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire".

This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem,

where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned; """"BURNED""""

a fit symbol of the wicked and their future Punishment not Death or Torture.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It talks about the PITCH = OIL of Arabia burning for a long time.

If these guys are alive and tormented by the Heat of the Flames,

What are they doing there ????????

-> burning Garbage like Jesus said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timotheos

When a fire goes out, the smoke stops, eventually. The Bible says that smoke coming from their torment ascends for ever and ever. I believe The Bible.

Glad to hear it. The Bible says that the wages of sin is death and that the wicked will perish. The Bible doesn't say that their torment lasts forever, only that the smoke ascends forever. I believe the Bible.

Aimiel

1067 γέεννα geenna gheh’-en-nah

1) "Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire".

This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem,
Then why did Enoch write about it? That was before the flood. Long before Jerusalem was settled.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I forget that you do not believe that New Jerusalem is a literal place. If New Jerusalem is not literal then neither is the torment of the unbeliever...

Well the new Jerusalem is not built of stones of the earth, and hell is hotter than earthly fire, so no human can possible live in it.

LA

Ardima

Well the new Jerusalem is not built of stones of the earth, and hell is hotter than earthly fire, so no human can possible live in it.

LA

No, however everything about the temple is a direct picture of that which is in heaven. Do you really think it is impossible for God to create something that has a physical substance somewhere other than earth? everything on earth is a picture of what is in heaven, even us...