Is Russia Our Enemy?

rexlunae

Schumer and his boys should have thought of that when they suspended the filibuster in order to fill Obamas circuit and district court positions.

That's a false equivalence, and in fact the rationale for the Dems to change the filibuster rule in the past is the same rationale for opposing it for Gorsich. The Republicans had adopted an unprecedented tactic of denying Democrats any court appointments. They were holding up every single person Obama nominated, not for reasons of objections to the candidates, but because they don't want Democrats to appoint judges. The denial of Merrick Garland a hearing in the Senate was a continuation of that strategy, unprecedented in US history, and changing the filibuster rule is for Gorsich is the final completion of the strategy. But it's also a very short-sighted tactic that will come back to haunt them when they sit in the minority.

Eliminating the requirement for broad support is a formula for politicizing the court even further. If all that's needed is a majority, there's no good reason to nominate moderate, consensus judges.

ClimateSanity

That's a false equivalence, and in fact the rationale for the Dems to change the filibuster rule in the past is the same rationale for opposing it for Gorsich. The Republicans had adopted an unprecedented tactic of denying Democrats any court appointments. They were holding up every single person Obama nominated, not for reasons of objections to the candidates, but because they don't want Democrats to appoint judges. The denial of Merrick Garland a hearing in the Senate was a continuation of that strategy, unprecedented in US history, and changing the filibuster rule is for Gorsich is the final completion of the strategy. But it's also a very short-sighted tactic that will come back to haunt them when they sit in the minority.

Eliminating the requirement for broad support is a formula for politicizing the court even further. If all that's needed is a majority, there's no good reason to nominate moderate, consensus judges.
Completely false on every single point you made.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

rexlunae

Yes, me. Unless explicitly quoted, the thoughts that I write here are my own, informed by wide reading and reasoning. Don't lay down an accusation like that, and then try to pretend it isn't what you said, you coward!

You're repeating what you heard because you believe it's the gospel truth. That's called brainwashing. I know you are honest yourself.

That's untrue, you don't know me, and you are clearly unfamiliar with my methods for consuming media. You assume that I am brainwashed because I do not agree with you.

ClimateSanity

Don't lay down an accusation like that, and then try to pretend it isn't what you said, you coward!

I never said you are lying. I said what you posted is a pack of lies. You assume it meant you are posting lies knowing they are lies. Not many people do that and I would never think to blame someone of that. You assume way too much.

Sent from my XT1254 using TheologyOnline mobile app

rexlunae

I know the thoughts are your own. They are based on the propaganda you hear. Are you going to now say that the propaganda you listen to doesn't inform what you say at all?

I don't listen to propaganda without a skeptical ear. And most of what you call propaganda isn't.