IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is a pejorative to many on TOL, unfortunately. They just don't see the relevance of the "MAD Doctrine." Without it, you can see how confused/confounded they are. No doubt they're seeing contradictions where there isn't any, as well.

Have you ever seen "MAD" used anywhere other than here on TOL?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every one knows heir every so often loudly and obnoxiously spits on Bob Enyart and his assembly as being "enemies of the gospel of Christ."

And Enyart is not KJV. Another issue she every so often makes a stink of.
Heir can be a tiger.
I don't think she has any intention of letting herself become some rag for others to wipe their snot on.
And yet I still see her as someone that genuinely seeks truth and will only rely on scripture for her conclusions.
The added bonus of her being one that does indeed see the distinction between prophesy and mystery is sweet icing on top!
She and I did not have to agree on every single thing for me to spot it.
Wish TOL had thousands of her type.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Heir can be a tiger.
I don't think she has any intention of letting herself become some rag for others to wipe their snot on.
And yet I still see her as someone that genuinely seeks truth and will only rely on scripture for her conclusions.
The added bonus of her being one that does indeed see the distinction between prophesy and mystery is sweet icing on top!
ME TOO !!!

Danoh

Have you ever seen "MAD" used anywhere other than here on TOL?

I've seen it used elsewhere.

Personally, I've never really cared for it. It's why I often write it out as "Mid-Acts Dispensationalism."

Other times I use the phrase "The Mid-Acts Perspective," and or "Acts 9 Dispensationalism."

Lol, apparantly, a certain individual has taken to parroting my same sentiment :chuckle:

Danoh

Heir can be a tiger.

Yep, more or less :thumb:

musterion

YOUR--LITERAL--INTERPRETATION--OF--REALITY--IS--UNACCEPTABLE!

WE--MUST--DESTROY--DOCTAH--MAD!

ALL-EH-GOR-IZE!

ALL-EH-GOR-IZE!

dalmove2.gif

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Heir can be a tiger.

She's GREAT!

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I've seen it used elsewhere.

Personally, I've never really cared for it. It's why I often write it out as "Mid-Acts Dispensationalism."

Other times I use the phrase "The Mid-Acts Perspective," and or "Acts 9 Dispensationalism."

Lol, apparently, a certain individual has taken to parroting my same sentiment :chuckle:
I do the same thing, but I can't really blame people for taking advantage of the unfortunate acronym. If Calvinism somehow produced the acronym "S.A.T.A.N.", I'd use that all day long and twice on Sundays.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There are certain "Grace Gospel" posters that I have a lot of respect for, on TOL. Tam, Glorydaz, Heir, STP, Steko, DanP, JohnW, and the list goes on. I would like to hear what they have to say about this topic? The Dissenters and those who wish to cause dissension may feel free to stay away. I'd like to see this thread remain civil if that's even possible?

You mean those who claim they can kill 600 men and it will not effect their salvation?

LA

SimpleMan77

Is this where you are going to conflate the "gospel of the kingdom" with the gospel Paul preached even though the gospel of the kingdom was preached before "Christ died for our sins" which is a crucial element of the gospel by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)?

Isn't it ironic that Paul mentions "the Kingdom" in his epistles over twice as much as all the other writers PUT TOGETHER did in their epistles. He calls it the "Kingdom of God" and the "Heavenly Kingdom".

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

There is nothing about MADism that makes it exclusively necessary for salvation. It is a theology of reduction, not addition, to what merits eternal life.

That is a bit of the irony in the pompous attitude of MADists, who I've seen have no qualms in approaching a confessed, practiced Christian with the same drivel they put on atheists.

They typically don't do anything more than discourage good works and perseverance, really just wanting one to render to their prejudice and submission.

Danoh

There is nothing about MADism that makes it exclusively necessary for salvation. It is a theology of reduction, not addition, to what merits eternal life.

That is a bit of the irony in the pompous attitude of MADists, who I've seen have no qualms in approaching a confessed, practiced Christian with the same drivel they put on atheists.

They typically don't do anything more than discourage good works and perseverance, really just wanting one to render to their prejudice and submission.

You're just jealous,
About the MAD girls,
And the fellas....

Ring around your posing,
Here'a bit of hosing...

MADs are supposedly more pompous than you are, MADs are supposedly more pompous than you are - nah, nah, nah - nah, nah, nah!

:rotfl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.