Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Messenger

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Messenger

Matthew 21:32
For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

jeremysdemo

Ge'ez I hope for their sake (those whom voted) no bears come out of the woods and devour them...stranger things have happened.

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

PKevman

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

And that is the point that you dodoheads are missing entirely. God only accepts His own righteousness. The Pharisees believed only in themselves. That was what their faith was based on. Their own SELF-righteousness! All of our righteousness are as filthy rags to the Lord. But the very heart of the Gospel message is that God in His grace saves sinners and does not impute their trespasses to them. God made He who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him! It is only in Christ that any person could be considered righteous!

Messenger

Look Elo, you are persecuted for righteousness sake. Maybe you should thank Knight?

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

Night Jerm, i'm turnin' in too

peace in Messiah all,

aaron

PKevman

Look Elo, you are persecuted for righteousness sake. Maybe you should thank Knight?

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

He is not persecuted for righteousness sake, so get a new horse to ride on. He is mocked and rightly so because of his attitude and because of the positions that he has tried to defend on here.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
Ge'ez I hope for their sake (those whom voted) no bears come out of the woods and devour them...stranger things have happened.

keep shinin'

jerm
I don't think too many people are participating on TOL from the woods. Just a guess, though.

Well if they were in the woods the bears wouldn't have to come OUT of them to get them now would they.... :doh:

Oh Elisha! Oi vey! Just come back on your chariot and take me up NOW!

I agree with you the thread title should be expanded....

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

elohiym

And that is the point that you dodoheads are missing entirely.
:rolleyes:
But the very heart of the Gospel message is that God in His grace saves sinners and does not impute their trespasses to them.
God will destroy any and all sinners that do not repent and cease from their sins.

Heb 10:26-27 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

God made He who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him!
But you believe that we continue to sin while claiming we have become the righteousness of God in Him!

Gal 2:17-18 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

PK, you don't know the gospel. Stop pretending.

Messenger

It is only in Christ that any person could be considered righteous!

Right, so . . . what is Christ?

answer: Christ is God's word

annnnd, what is God's word?

answer: God's word is His righteous Law

soooo, to be "in Christ" as you say, one must be bound in God's Law. Jesus confirms:

SEE here:

Matthew 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.