• Of course!

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • What else can you call him?

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Messenger

Are you borrowing lines from godrulz now?

Jesus was neither sinless or perfect?

Or are you saying that He has "no merit" in the Scriptures.

ha ha ha that's funny. Unfortunately i have "given out too much reputation in the last 24 hrs"

PKevman

Are you borrowing lines from godrulz now?

Jesus was neither sinless or perfect?

Or are you saying that He has "no merit" in the Scriptures.

I gave a pretty distinct answer to these questions in post #67. Jesus was sinless and perfect. People are not.

jeremysdemo

jeremysdemo said:
Now Now Messenger that sounded pretty prideful...

Sometimes digression is the greater part of valor, and PK bowed out of the conversation gracefully.

I mean who can argue with the words of Yeshua?

keep shinin

jerm
true true. could we say that i was boasting in that i know Yah?
I suppose you could say that...but the Lord knows what spirit motivated it, and I see so do you since you apologized...:)
That spirit is a doosy! Remember how the Pharisees where with their prayers in the synagogues, "We are Holy and blessed and know the Lord, not like you who are poor and cursed because of your fathers sins!" a very condescending attitude of righteousness....
I'm not saying that about you, but it did come to mind...as His Spirit brings ALL things to remembrance...

keep shinin'

jerm :cool:

PKevman

Well Knight's point in starting this thread has been born out right in front of us. :rotfl:

Elohiym is most definitely an idiot.

Messenger

I gave a pretty distinct answer to these questions in post #67. Jesus was sinless and perfect. People are not.

i think you're mistaken Kev. People can be

Luke ch1

5 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

PKevman

So your statement that "sinless perfectionism" not having merit was a false one?

Not at all Mystery. We weren't discussing Jesus we were discussing people. Nobody has denied that Jesus was perfect and sinless.

This is all so pointless and is going nowhere.

Messenger

I suppose you could say that...but the Lord knows what spirit motivated it, and I see so do you since you apologized...:)
That spirit is a doosy! Remember how the Pharisees where with their prayers in the synagogues, "We are Holy and blessed and know the Lord, not like you who are poor and cursed because of your fathers sins!" a very condescending attitude of righteousness....
I'm not saying that about you, but it did come to mind...as His Spirit brings ALL things to remembrance...

keep shinin'

yeah it was a little nasty. i am sorry to come off arrogant. i was really excited to deliver such a blow with scripture.

jeremysdemo

i think you're mistaken Kev

Luke ch1

5 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
You could add to that over two hundred passages in the OT were people were called righteous...of course that was the OT :) (which is like yesterdays newspaper around here, good enough to catch the dogs dung but not to read)

keep shinin

Messenger

Luke ch.1

Mystery

Not at all Mystery. We weren't discussing Jesus we were discussing people. Nobody has denied that Jesus was perfect and sinless.
I just needed to clarify that in fact there is nothing wrong about teaching "sinless perfection", as long as it is applied to someone who is perfect and sinless.

You say that only Jesus is qualified for that title.

Are you as righteous as Jesus? If not, why not?

jeremysdemo

yeah it was a little nasty. i am sorry to come off arrogant. i was really excited to deliver such a blow with scripture.

I would be exited if it was received, but knowing or suspecting it falls on deaf ears makes me more sorrowful than celebratory.
Anyway it is His Spirit that needs to deliver His word and shine the Light onto it, so it is better to pray for the oil to be in their lamps than to celebrate a correct or timely use of the word.

keep shinin'

elohiym

The Word of God does not teach that Christians will never sin (at least as long as we live in these bodies).
The word of God teaches that those who are born of God cannot sin (1John 3:9) that those seeking to be born of God who desire to awake to righteousness should stop sinning (1Cor 15:34), that if they walk in the spirit they will not sin (Gal 5:16).
The Word of God teaches that Christians can have victory over sin...
I agree, but you don't seem to understand what that victory means. What victory is there over sin if you continue to sin?

....whereas before a person is saved they are slaves to sin and absolutely no victory can be won over sin.
Anyone who sins, ever, is a slave to sin (John 8:34). A slave to sin is one who is carnal minded, walking in the flesh, and always sins (Rom 8:7). A slave to righteousness walks in the spirit and does not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (does not sin).
The Word of God teaches that the reconciliation message that is in effect today for the Body of Christ is that Christ died for all men and that God in Christ does not impute their sins to them. (see 2 Corinthians 5)
If you sin, you will perish because you rejected the message of reconciliation and sinned in spite of grace (Heb 10:26).
If Christians do not ever do anything "bad" in the body, then is Paul lying when he says in 2 Corinthians 5:9-11 the following:

9 Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. 11 Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences.
What does he persuade men to do? "Awake to righteousness and sin not!" Do you think the terror of the Lord will come upon one class of sinner but not another class of sinner that claims some intellectual belief yet continues to sin? What do you think those who have done bad in spite of grace will receive? Paul is writing to carnally minded people in his epistle. Don't you get it? :doh:
This issue has been debated on this site a hundred times over I know, just in the year since I have been here.
And people have actually been converted because of those hundreds of debates, myself included.

Messenger

Ezekiel 14:14 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

14 Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

Messenger

I would be exited if it was received, but knowing or suspecting it falls on deaf ears makes me more sorrowful than celebratory.
Anyway it is His Spirit that needs to deliver His word and shine the Light onto it, so it is better to pray for the oil to be in their lamps than to celebrate a correct or timely use of the word.

keep shinin'

agreed

Messenger

Matthew 5:10
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

This verse seals it