Votes: 3 11.1%
  • :duh:

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight. I can't keep up. Is someone unbanning Mystery for the moments he submits posts or something? :rotfl:

PKevman

Knight. I can't keep up. Is someone unbanning Mystery for the moments he submits posts or something? :rotfl:

No, I think he receives infractions, is banned for a short period of time, gets banned again, comes back, and gets banned again.

elected4ever

Just answer the question. Do you sin or not? Do you do anything bad ever? Do you ever do something that you know you shouldn't do but do it anyway? Do you ever do something that you know that God says you shouldn't do, but you do it anyway? Do you ever NOT do something that you know you should do, but you don't do it?
Why would I make such a judgment if there is no law to convict me?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Prove you have freewill if you cannot stop sinning, Knight. Prove it!
Because I have the flesh I have the propensity to sin.

That doesn't mean I will sin in any given circumstance (because I have a will) it simply means that it's likely that I will sin.... and I do.

Thankfully, as a Christian my sin is covered (Romans 4:7).

SaulToPaul 2

That doesn't mean I will sin in any given circumstance (because I have a will) it simply means that it's likely that I will sin.... and I do.

:up:

Yep, there's a reason why flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
As long as we are in these flesh and blood bodies, we will have a propensity to commit acts of sin. Thankfully, our flesh and blood bodies have positionally been crucified with Christ and we await our new eternal bodies!

PKevman

Why would I make such a judgment if there is no law to convict me?

Why do you refuse to answer the questions? It's very simple. Do you ever do or think anything that you are not supposed to do or think? Something that you know is wrong, but you do it anyway or something that God says is wrong but you do it anyway.

That you refuse to answer such a simple question reveals the holes in your theology.

elected4ever

Why do you refuse to answer the questions? It's very simple. Do you ever do or think anything that you are not supposed to do or think? Something that you know is wrong, but you do it anyway or something that God says is wrong but you do it anyway.

That you refuse to answer such a simple question reveals the holes in your theology.
Why don't you tell me what law I am to use and we can go from there.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Ummmmm, Knight, just a thought, and apologies if this came up already, but you may want to revisit the title of this thread.:noid:

On subject I don't think elo's necessarily dumb, but he's not exactly the most articulate thing on two legs.

elohiym

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. [That is why you cannot stop sinning, Knight.]

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. [If you sin, you will die. If mortify the deeds of the flesh--stop sinning--you will live, Knight.]
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Of course it is likely that you will sin, and you do! The carnal mind has no freewill, Knight. It is not subject to the law of God, and it can't be subject to the law of God. It's an impossibility.
Do you believe that a person can claim to be a Christian while continuing to be a an abortion doctor? Is His sins covered while he continues to do that, Knight?

You are just preaching a license to sin, but don't realize it.

It is your past sins are covered, prior to conversion. Once you are converted, you are given a new heart and a right spirit (Psalm 51:10). At that point you have stopped walking after the flesh, and no longer fulfill the lusts of the flesh--you no longer sin (2Cor 10:3; Gal 5:16; Rom 8:4).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We have been down all these roads before. But for one last time for those keeping score.....
1John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Whoever sins is a servant of sin (John 8:34) and is of the devil (1John 3:8)
You are reading the wrong mail. 1st John isn't written to the body, it's written to those of the circumcision. And for them they couldn't sin and remain "in Him" therefore if they sinned they would need to once again ask for forgiveness and make sacrifice (this is something that us in the body need not do because our dispensation is different).

To drive this point home notice how the verses in first John are setup.....

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.​

elohiym, claims he does not sin, so based on the verses above what does that tell us about elohiym? :think:

Notice when they sinned what they needed to do? "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

In the body our sins are already covered (Romans 4:7)
No re-confession necessary!

Jesus said that Satan was a murderer and a liar from the beginning, not that he became one after "falling."

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Check the Greek. Beginning means "from his origin."
Satan was a murderer from the beginning. The garden was the beginning. Satan fell in the garden, in the beginning. :duh:

And since we have already been to 1st John, lets revisit that book now! The word for beginning in John 8:44 is the exact same word in 1 John 1:1.....

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life 1 John 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which you heard from the beginning.

Now lets ask ourselves, had they "heard" the word at the moment of their conception???? No! That would be silly!

The Greek word "arche" simply means the beginning, origin, first, of whatever! It can simply describe the beginning of whatever topic is being discussed.

We could have just as easily and accurately said Satan was a tempter from the beginning even though we all agree Satan didn't actually tempt anyone until Adam and Eve.

Your woodenly literally interpretation of John 8:44 is irrational and unbibilical.

Paul used the term "babes in Christ" pejoratively.

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

Paul called those "babes in Christ" carnal, which means unconverted. If one is unconverted, one is unsaved, and it really doesn't matter what you want to call yourself (Mat 7:22-23).
That is just plain ridiculous. You cannot read 1 Corinthians without realizing that Paul was speaking to believers. That is why every bible scholar for all of history has interpreted this verse just as written. This one isn't even worth arguing about, it's just plain ridiculous.

That is a lie. I do believe that Satan tempted Jesus, but Jesus was not tempted to do what Satan wanted. I already explained this to you, but you just want to disparage me because it is your nature to do so. You have no freewill to resist doing it.
No, I disparage because you are a moron.

The Hebrew word translated to "Lucifer" is heylel, which means "praise" or "praised. "Therefore, the verse could read: "How art thou fallen from heaven, praised son of the morning!" The verse does not refer to Satan, but to the king of Babylon (Isa 14:4).
Even if that were true that wouldn't erase....

Luke 10:18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven". That's Jesus speaking. (that's why I posted it in red) :)

So, either elohiym is right (Satan didn't fall) or Jesus meant what He said.

The only reason you want to claim that Lucifer and Satan are not the same is because you reject the notion that Satan fell. Which of course is heretical.

Ezekiel 28:12-19 is about the king of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:12).
Anyone can read for themselves Ezekiel 28 and see that it is an illusion to Satan. Again, you are at odds with the text and bible scholars throughout history.

Jesus said that Satan was a murderer from the beginning (John 8:44), and God creates evil according to the scripture...

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
A more accurate word in Isaiah 45:7 is "calamity"....

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.’

Although "evil" would work as well I suppose. From the perspective of those being judged for their wickedness God brings "evil" upon them. God isn't saying that He is evil, instead He is saying that He brings judgment upon the wicked of for them it's gonna be "evil". It's no different than when a military official says to his troops "lets give them hell", he isn't saying that they are going to literally bring the enemy hell and be a wicked and evil force. Instead he is saying that the judgment that they will be bringing the enemy will be "like hell" for them.

God is good, not evil.

I'm laughing at you, Knight. You have only proven that you are enslaved to sin and weak.
Laugh all you want.

elohiym

As long as we are in these flesh and blood bodies, we will have a propensity to commit acts of sin. Thankfully, our flesh and blood bodies have positionally been crucified with Christ and we await our new eternal bodies!
1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Obviously, positional righteousness is a false doctrine.

SaulToPaul 2

1John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Obviously, positional righteousness is a false doctrine.

For them, yes. They were not baptized BY the Spirit into Christ.
They were baptized WITH the Spirit giving them the power to endure to the end.

elected4ever

No, you are attempting to do a semantical dance.

Again, very simple. Do you ever do or think anything that you know you shouldn't do or that God says you shouldn't do?
Doesn't matter what I think about my actions or inaction. My opinion of myself is not relevant. What law is applicable when I am free from the law. Law is made for the wicked not the righteous. I am made the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. What law applies to convict me? If you live by law then you have departed (fallen) from grace. If the law applies then you shell live by the whole the law and if you violate even the smallest of the commandments of the law you are guilty of the whole law. The penalty for that is death. So what law are you trying to impose on me?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are just preaching a license to sin, but don't realize it.
Oh I realize it.

Praise the Lord!

Romans 6:11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.