I'm Not Anti-Christian - I'm anti-theocracy

john w

Hall of Fame
Not every murderer is an atheist.

Why is murder wrong?

Because you say so?

How do you decide what laws should be made? Let me guess: Feelings? What you think is right? What's your standard? Ours is the bible.

republicanchick

Then stop teasing and just spill. Otherwise stop with the Internet mystique. It's a bore.

2 bad

i don't live to entertain you

maybe someone more worthy ?

i might consider entertaining someone more worthy... which of course would mean 90% of the population, undoubtedly

Quetzal

Why should I accept your imposition of what your vision of morality is? Who says you call the shots?
The same could easily be said about Christian law makers looking to oppress social minorities that don't align with Christian principles.

Quetzal

Why is murder wrong?

Because you say so?

How do you decide what laws should be made? Let me guess: Feelings? What you think is right? What's your standard? Ours is the bible.
The fact you need a book to tell you that tells me you are a far worse person than I am.

republicanchick

The same could easily be said about Christian law makers looking to oppress social minorities that don't align with Christian principles.

your handle reminds me of the feather god that demanded massive human sacrifice... lovely handle there

oh wait... maybe Quetzelcoatl was the good guy who was against the human sacrifice...

sigh

time to hit the history books again..

john w

Hall of Fame

Did our hero answer his own "argument?"

Nope. I wil slow it down for you, Mitch-follow the bouncing ball:

Why should I accept your imposition of what your vision of morality is? Who says you call the shots?

john w

Hall of Fame
The fact you need a book to tell you that tells me you are a far worse person than I am.

As I suspected-emotionalism, stomping his feet, and...

flickr--punt.jpg

Why is murder wrong?

Because you say so?

Quetzal

Did our hero answer his own "argument?"

Nope. I wil slow it down for you, Mitch-follow the bouncing ball:

You don't have to, but I can support myself knowingly because social and legal trends are aligning with my way of thinking, not conservative Christians.

Quetzal

As I suspected-emotionalism, stomping his feet, and...

flickr--punt.jpg

Why is murder wrong?

Because you say so?

If the Bible said murder was okay, would you do it?

oatmeal

"Christians cannot and must not have "special rights ". They cannot use their religious beliefs as an excuse to demand that our government make laws based on THEIR religious beliefs ."-you

What "special rights?" What would that be? An "excuse?" No, it is our reasoning. You are making an emotional appeal. Knock it off.

We "demand?" No, it's called persuasion. More emotionalism on your part.

"make laws based on THEIR religious beliefs"-you

Laws, by definition, are an imposition of morality. Dig?

Good post John

john w

Hall of Fame
If the Bible said murder was okay, would you do it?

You continue to punt. Your "Girl/Boy Scout" Act doesn't work with me, son. I stay on topic-your "argument:"

Why is murder wrong?

Because you say so?

If you said murder was okay, should I do it?

Why? Because you say so?

You:

Quetzal

You continue to punt. Your "Girl/Boy Scout" Act doesn't work with me, son. I stay on topic-your "argument:"

Why is murder wrong?

Because you say so?

You:
It is a simple, straight forward question. I can't imagine why you are hesitating to answer.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is a simple, straight forward question. I can't imagine why you are hesitating to answer.

I stay on topic-you're "argument:"

Why is murder wrong?

Because you say so?

Why? Because you say so?

Murder is wrong, because you say so, sport?

Not a peep. Sit down. You're getting picked apart, by the great/humble saint John W.

Quetzal

I stay on topic-you're "argument:"

Why is murder wrong?

Because you say so?

Why? Because you say so?

Murder is wrong, because you say so, sport?

Not a peep. Sit down. You're getting picked apart, by the great/humble saint John W.
Yep, murder is wrong because I say so. Also, secular law and ethics conveniently support me. Now, back to my question...