ECT If MAD is False Why Did Paul Make the Distinction in Romans 4:16?

Right Divider

Body part
RD,
re New Covenant.
You are totally mistaken about who is and benefits from the new covenant as mentioned by Christ, by 2 Cor 3-5 and by Hebrews.

You are too busy with 2P2P theories.
You're too steeped in man-made VanderLaan. etc. to understand the CLEAR teachings in scripture.

Right Divider

Body part
RD
re grace
Jn 1
'freely you have received, freely give'
'He who loves much has been forgiven much'

Watch out for Pharisee literalism, it will delude you.
ONCE AGAIN, oh deaf and blind one... Jesus never uses the word grace during His earthly ministry to Israel.

Not even ONCE.

Read the Bible using CONTEXT and not PRETEXT, book worm.

Right Divider

Body part
RD
re grace
Jn 1
'freely you have received, freely give'
'He who loves much has been forgiven much'

Watch out for Pharisee literalism, it will delude you.

Matt 10:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(10:8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luke 7:47 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:47) Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, [the same] loveth little.

Are these the verse that you were "quoting"?

Danoh

ONCE AGAIN, oh deaf and blind one... Jesus never uses the word grace during His earthly ministry to Israel.

Not even ONCE.

Read the Bible using CONTEXT and not PRETEXT, book worm.

Admittedly, that is a weak argument.

In Matthew thru John He IS the Grace of God.

In fact, John chapter 1 ALONE could be used to show this being the fact in Mattew through John.

To be sure, Israel's PROPHESIED Grace, NOT Paul's GOD LATER REVEALED MYSTERY Grace, but THEIR Prophesied Grace He is CONSISTENTLY shown to be throughout those four Books, nevertheless.

Luke 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

He says that EXPECTING they would know what He is talking about.

As they should have....

Jeremiah 31:1 At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people. 31:2 Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. 31:4 Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel: thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry. 31:5 Thou shalt yet plant vines upon the mountains of Samaria: the planters shall plant, and shall eat them as common things. 31:6 For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto the LORD our God. 31:7 For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save thy people, the remnant of Israel. 31:8 Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither. 31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. 31:10 Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock. 31:11 For the LORD hath redeemed Jacob, and ransomed him from the hand of him that was stronger than he. 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

John 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 1:15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Right Divider

Body part
Admittedly, that is a weak argument.

In Matthew thru John He IS the Grace of God.
Call it what you want. Jesus is never recorded in scripture as even using the word GRACE during His earthly ministry to Israel.

On the other hand, Paul uses it constantly in his preaching and teaching. 24 times in Romans alone.

This is a distinction worth noting.

It's clear evidence that Jesus was NOT preaching the gospel of the grace of God that He later gave to Paul.

Danoh

Call it what you want. Jesus is never recorded in scripture as even using the word GRACE during His earthly ministry to Israel.

On the other hand, Paul uses it constantly in his preaching and teaching. 24 times in Romans alone.

It's clear evidence that Jesus was NOT preaching the gospel of the grace of God that He later gave to Paul.

No Jesus was not.

He was being and preaching ISRAEL'S PROPHESIED Grace and Mercy.

For God so LOVED the world that He GAVE... Is GRACE.

True, a PROPHESIED Grace, but a Grace, nonetheless.

Interplanner

No, you don't know what you are looking at RD. The NT letters interp the gospels but say the same thing. All of Scripture says the same unified one-faith thing. You need to abolish your name, because you are trying to live up to it and make everything a distinction when it is not there. That's the flesh, and is what the verb 'aireo' meant: to divide. You even divide the bible for the sake of I tim 2 when the passage is about the vocab of the Law, or the waste of time on issues about the vocab of the law instead of on what matters. It is not about distinctions, dispensations, mysteries, covenants, nothing like you are saying.

It is sound-byte jingle developed by the horribly mistaken 2P2P crowd to try to make a go of it.

john w

Hall of Fame
No, you don't know what you are looking at RD. The NT letters interp the gospels but say the same thing.

No, they don't-you winged that, made it up.

Go on record, for the record, and assert that your saint Judas preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, since it all "say(s)the same thing.". And give us a straight answer, for a change, instead of your disjointed rhetoric, as we are all busy men and women.

turbosixx

You just get on a Bible online and put in your search words. Paul says many present-tense, active things about the kingdom.

I wasn't talking to you to begin with and I don't appreciate you criticizing me. I believe the kingdom was established in the 1st century and we are in it now.

Interplanner

I wasn't talking to you to begin with and I don't appreciate you criticizing me. I believe the kingdom was established in the 1st century and we are in it now.

So we agree!

Never be afraid of criticism. There is also a feature here called PMs if you only want one person to 'hear' a comment.

Right Divider

Body part
No, you don't know what you are looking at RD. The NT letters interp the gospels but say the same thing.
  • You do NOT know what the NT is.
  • The entire Bible INTERPRETS the entire Bible
  • There is NO such word as "interp"
  • You're VanderLaanian nonsense is getting VERY old.
All of Scripture says the same unified one-faith thing.
Childish, simplistic nonsense.

Rom 1:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

You need to abolish your name, because you are trying to live up to it and make everything a distinction when it is not there.
You should change your name to "Bible Blender Boy".

That's the flesh, and is what the verb 'aireo' meant: to divide.
Always the false accusation of "in the flesh". God did NOT abandon the physical world.

You even divide the bible for the sake of I tim 2 when the passage is about the vocab of the Law, or the waste of time on issues about the vocab of the law instead of on what matters. It is not about distinctions, dispensations, mysteries, covenants, nothing like you are saying.
Speak English DingleBerry. There is no word "vocab".

Be SPECIFIC with your "Bible references". There is no communication with you, you're just all over the road.

It is sound-byte jingle developed by the horribly mistaken 2P2P crowd to try to make a go of it.
Poor IP/DB, always beating up that straw-man. We're so proud of you.

Interplanner

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills; where will my help come from?"

the standard Christian reader thinks this is a line about beautiful post-card shots of mountains of Yosemite or the Rockies and oh yes, we need God's help too.

Instead it was about the fact that going to to Jerusalem was rather risky and people had to go in large groups and maybe hand to hand combat against thieves on the way.

In the same way, Ps 23's line about still water, which is never a good thing in the desert that I know of, means something other than the 1000x repeated 'standard' version. But it is still about a Good Shepherd and his protection. Let's move on.

turbosixx

So we agree!

We agree on more than we disagree I would imagine. He said Paul was confirming the "future earthly" kingdom by his testifying and proclaiming the kingdom. I pointed out that Paul was telling the church this information so if they needed to hear it so would we. I wanted him to show me where Paul teaches about the "future earthly" kingdom but I don't believe he would find anything and didn't.