ECT If MAD is False What Does Hebrews 6:4-6 Mean for Us?

marhig

Jesus was NOT speaking TO the scribes and Pharisees.

Have a look at verse 14 onwards

You're the one that's picky, claiming that you believe EVERYTHING that Jesus taught.

I said that I take the teachings of Jesus to myself

I let each verse of scripture speak for itself

So do I, including the teachings of Jesus

When Peter spoke to "men of Israel" in Acts 2, I'm able to understand that this is exactly what he meant.

When anyone in the bible says that they are actually talking to certain people at that time then yes they are, for instance when Jesus was actually talking the scribe's and pharasees in v14 of Matthew 23 but, Jesus taught many things and he didn't say that his teachings were just for the jews, in fact, he told his apostles to go and preach the gospel to everyone in the world!

Quit broad-brushing me with your vague accusations. I have NEVER said any such thing and your "Christian" morals should keep you from LYING about me.

If you read my post again, I never said you personally. I said those who believe in MAD. And that's the truth, because those who believe MAD only go by what Paul preached. By the way, I don't believe that it is right to lie before God!

Yes, in the gospel of the grace of God given to US ALL through the revelation that the Lord Jesus Christ to Paul.

No, the gospel of God is given to all of us though Jesus Christ and then to the whole world through his apostles and disciples. One same gospel preached by all those who truly follow Christ.

DAN P

When anyone in the bible says that they are actually talking to certain people at that time then yes they are, for instance when Jesus was actually talking the scribe's and pharasees in v14 of Matthew 23 but, Jesus taught many things and he didn't say that his teachings were just for the jews, in fact, he told his apostles to go and preach the gospel to everyone in the world!

If you read my post again, I never said you personally. I said those who believe in MAD. And that's the truth, because those who believe MAD only go by what Paul preached. By the way, I don't believe that it is right to lie before God!

No, the gospel of God is given to all of us though Jesus Christ and then to the whole world through his apostles and disciples. One same gospel preached by all those who truly follow Christ.

Hi RIGHT DIVIDER and we see that many that do not believe Paul NOR believe 2 Tim 2:15 and NEVER take what the CONTEXT is and are not INTERESTED !!

Nor do they know the meaning of UN-CIRCUMCISION and what CIRCUMCISION really mean !!

There are as BLINDED as ISRAEL !!

dan p

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
I guess I should be more careful with someone as picky as you.

I was specifically talking about Matt 23:1-3.

Like Matt. 23:1-3?

Like Matt. 23:1-3?

You have blinders on.

And yet you keep bringing it up. I don't care what they are saying. They are wrong and that is NOT what MAD teaches.

You are vastly oversimplifying what the various gospels say. The Bible clearly defines each one and there is no excuse for smashing them all and missing the meaning of each.

Last edited:

themuzicman

I don't see how one could reject Him having known Him.

But that's beside the point right now. This passage says it's impossible to be renewed to repentance once one has fallen away after having tasted the heavenly gift, etc. Explain that.

What's there to explain? The only term in question is "fallen away", which, in context would refer to returning to one's previous life apart from Christ, whether Jew or Gentile, rejecting the faith one has embraced.

marhig

You are vastly oversimplifying what the various gospels say. The Bible clearly defines each one and there is no excuse for smashing them all and missing the meaning of each.

Here is the simplicity and the core teaching of the gospel

Matthew 22

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

marhig

Hi RIGHT DIVIDER and we see that many that do not believe Paul NOR believe 2 Tim 2:15 and NEVER take what the CONTEXT is and are not INTERESTED !!

Nor do they know the meaning of UN-CIRCUMCISION and what CIRCUMCISION really mean !!

There are as BLINDED as ISRAEL !!

dan p

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Firstly to study to show ourselves approved of God that we need not be ashamed means that we are doers of the word and not hearers only, baring our cross and partaking in the sufferings Christ, having faith God and truly following Christ and walking the walk. If we are doing this then we are doing the work and we'll be producing the fruits and we won't be ashamed!

The word of truth should be teaching us to turn from sin, not that we are in sinful flesh so we do sin and that's ok because Jesus has covered those sins and even if we still sin were ok with God(which I have heard from many in mainstream Christianity). That's not the truth, wilful sin is an abomination to God. The only way that Christ covers our sins is by the resurrection of Christ in our hearts by the spirit helping us to overcome sin and God sees his son in us and he's not seeing our flesh because we are dead to our old life and made alive in God being a new creation made without hands through Christ Jesus by the holy spirit of truth. Thus we are dead and our life is hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3) and Christ is seen in us and through us.

Now go down a bit v18 onward

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I have no need to call others names like dunce, or treat them as idiots etc. And I don't have the need to put anyone on ignore. If we belong to God, then God gives us a mouth to speak, and there will be no need to pull others down. Instead those who truly belong to God have the hope that all will get to know the truth and that all have the chance going to heaven, and they don't condemn others to hell either as I have seen some on here do, were not judges, and if we judge, then we are also judged by God. The word of God does the judging.

As for the un-circumcision and the circumcision. Those who truly belong to Christ are circumcised of the heart, and they are being led by the spirit, laying down their lives, they are dead to their old lives in the flesh and dying daily to sin as God strengthens them through Christ by the spirit to overcome, obeying God, turning from the sinful lusts the flesh and this world and they will be worshipping God in spirit and in truth.

DAN P

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Firstly to study to show ourselves approved of God that we need not be ashamed means that we are doers of the word and not hearers only, baring our cross and partaking in the sufferings Christ, having faith God and truly following Christ and walking the walk. If we are doing this then we are doing the work and we'll be producing the fruits and we won't be ashamed!

The word of truth should be teaching us to turn from sin, not that we are in sinful flesh so we do sin and that's ok because Jesus has covered those sins and even if we still sin were ok with God(which I have heard from many in mainstream Christianity). That's not the truth, wilful sin is an abomination to God. The only way that Christ covers our sins is by the resurrection of Christ in our hearts by the spirit helping us to overcome sin and God sees his son in us and he's not seeing our flesh because we are dead to our old life and made alive in God being a new creation made without hands through Christ Jesus by the holy spirit of truth. Thus we are dead and our life is hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3) and Christ is seen in us and through us.

Now go down a bit v18 onward

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I have no need to call others names like dunce, or treat them as idiots etc. And I don't have the need to put anyone on ignore. If we belong to God, then God gives us a mouth to speak, and there will be no need to pull others down. Instead those who truly belong to God have the hope that all will get to know the truth and that all have the chance going to heaven, and they don't condemn others to hell either as I have seen some on here do, were not judges, and if we judge, then we are also judged by God. The word of God does the judging.

As for the un-circumcision and the circumcision. Those who truly belong to Christ are circumcised of the heart, and they are being led by the spirit, laying down their lives, they are dead to their old lives in the flesh and dying daily to sin as God strengthens them through Christ by the spirit to overcome, obeying God, turning from the sinful lusts the flesh and this world and they will be worshipping God in spirit and in truth.

Hi and I believe we are to JUDGE and 1 Cor gives that judgement to all believers Assembly 1 Cor 5:12 !!

And I stand up for what I wrote and I never put anyone on Ignore and will DEBATE all !!

dan p

marhig

Hi and I believe we are to JUDGE and 1 Cor gives that judgement to all believers Assembly 1 Cor 5:12 !!

And I stand up for what I wrote and I never put anyone on Ignore and will DEBATE all !!

dan p

I don't believe that we should judge anyone, meaning we can't condemn others and decide who is going to heaven or hell as only God knows the heart.

By the way, I do believe Paul. He was a strong apostle of God. I just don't listen to Paul only and no one else in the Bible.

Matthew 7

Judge not, that ye be not judged.*For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

DAN P

I don't believe that we should judge anyone, meaning we can't condemn others and decide who is going to heaven or hell as only God knows the heart.

Hi and 1 Cor 5:12 and 13 are VERY CLEAR as to how it is to be used !!

I believe that God is the only that know who the ELECT are !!~

So you say you JUDGE no one ?

dan p

marhig

Hi and 1 Cor 5:12 and 13 are VERY CLEAR as to how it is to be used !!

I believe that God is the only that know who the ELECT are !!~

So you say you JUDGE no one ?

dan p

Not after the flesh no, God does the judging through the word. And I certainly wouldn't think of myself as elect and definitely going to heaven whilst condemning others who don't believe as I do to hell. That is being self righteous who am I to say who goes to heaven or hell?

And who am I a sinner to judge another seeing as I also sin myself? If I see something wrong and I know it's wrong before God I will speak up. But I can't judge that person as to say that they are going to hell, because only God can know who's going where.

I always think of the thief on the cross, and how he would have been judged by others, yet he had the right heart and he believed in Jesus straight away. What a heart! Soft ground that the seed went straight into. I'm sure many who looked at him in the flesh would have condemned him to hell.

I think that whole chapter, including those verses you quoted are to do with Gods people judging in the right way, taking Gods word to themselves and not joining in with those who are living wrong before God and doing what they are doing. If we know it's wrong to do, then i believe that we are to walk away and turn from doing wrong before him.

But, I still wouldn't condemn them to hell. Only God knows them and he is the only righteous judge I'd just tell them the truth in God and leave it with them and God will judge them.

DAN P

Not after the flesh no, God does the judging through the word. And I certainly wouldn't think of myself as elect and definitely going to heaven whilst condemning others who don't believe as I do to hell. That is being self righteous who am I to say who goes to heaven or hell?

And who am I a sinner to judge another seeing as I also sin myself? If I see something wrong and I know it's wrong before God I will speak up. But I can't judge that person as to say that they are going to hell, because only God can know who's going where.

I always think of the thief on the cross, and how he would have been judged by others, yet he had the right heart and he believed in Jesus straight away. What a heart! Soft ground that the seed went straight into. I'm sure many who looked at him in the flesh would have condemned him to hell.

I think that whole chapter, including those verses you quoted are to do with Gods people judging in the right way, taking Gods word to themselves and not joining in with those who are living wrong before God and doing what they are doing. If we know it's wrong to do, then i believe that we are to walk away and turn from doing wrong before him.

But, I still wouldn't condemn them to hell. Only God knows them and he is the only righteous judge I'd just tell them the truth in God and leave it with them and God will judge them.

Hi and KIF you read 1 Cor 5:12 and 13 and you say you understand , good for you !!

dan p