ECT If By Grace Then It Is No More of Works

God's Truth

GT, if the Bride of Christ and the Body of Christ are the same people, then what happens when the Bride and the Body are married? Is the Body of Christ going to marry itself? That doesn't seem logical...

The Bride of Christ is the city where we live together on earth. When the New Jerusalem comes to the New Earth that is the marriage.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You and your links are wrong, and so is EE who is giving you kudos.
Did GT just actually look at a link that I posted?!

GT, could you, while you're rejecting those links without providing evidence against them, perhaps listen to the audio files presented therein?

God's Truth

Probably not, she just "knows" that you're wrong.

GT, like many, many other here on TOL do not understand the various aspects of Jesus' mission to His people, Israel while he was on earth.

WHAT. DON'T. YOU. GET. ABOUT. RACE. NOT. MATTERING?

Are you all that ignorant?

God does not care about Jewish people over all the other races of the world.

It only mattered when He was coming into the world as a Man.

God's Truth

Did GT just actually look at a link that I posted?!

GT, could you, while you're rejecting those links without providing evidence against them, perhaps listen to the audio files presented therein?

You need to have the word planted in you and not send people to your false teachers.

You sending people off to links is proof you are in error.

Right Divider

Body part
WHAT. DON'T. YOU. GET. ABOUT. RACE. NOT. MATTERING?
What don't you get about God separating Israel from the other people on earth?

Are you all that ignorant?
Are you really that ignorant?

God does not care about Jewish people over all the other races of the world.
Your argument is against God (as usual).

Lev 20:22-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:22) ¶ Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out. (20:23) And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. (20:24) But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I [am] the LORD your God, which have separated you from [other] people.

It only mattered when He was coming into the world as a Man.
That's not what God says.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You need to have the word planted in you and not send people to your false teachers.

GT, my teacher is Paul. What don't you get about that?

You sending people off to links is proof you are in error.

So me providing evidence for my position is proof I am "in error"? Hmmm....

*But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; - 1 Peter 3:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter3:15&version=NKJV

*“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord,“Though your sins are like scarlet,They shall be as white as snow;Though they are red like crimson,They shall be as wool. - Isaiah 1:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah1:18&version=NKJV

I am trying to reason with you, GT, but you're refusing to even consider my side of the discussion. You are being unreasonable.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Israel is the Bride of Christ.

*For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace,And for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,And her salvation as a lamp that burns.*The Gentiles shall see your righteousness,And all kings your glory.You shall be called by a new name,Which the mouth of the Lord will name.*You shall also be a crown of gloryIn the hand of the Lord,And a royal diademIn the hand of your God.*You shall no longer be termed Forsaken,Nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate;But you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah;For the Lord delights in you,And your land shall be married.*For as a young man marries a virgin,So shall your sons marry you;And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,So shall your God rejoice over you. - Isaiah 62:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah62:1-5&version=NKJV

Danoh

Spoiler

There are some, like the poster who goes by the name of "God's Truth," who say that the "works of law" in the following verse is only in regard to the ceremonial ordinances of purification under the law of Moses:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).​

Here Paul speaks of "the works of law" and according to him that law is a "knowledge of sin." It is the moral law which is the knowledge of sin, as witnessed by what Paul said later in the same epistle:

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet" (Ro.7:7).​

Paul says that it was the moral law (thou shalt not covet) which resulted in him having the knowledge of sin. So in the following verse when Paul refers to "law" he is referring to the moral law:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).​

Therefore, Paul is saying that no one is declared righteous in the eyes of God by keeping the moral law. Then just eight verses later Paul makes it plain that a person's justification is apart from the works of the same law, the moral law:

"therefore do we reckon a man to be declared righteous by faith, apart from works of law"
(Ro.3:28).​

So according to Paul a person is declared righteous in the eyes of God and that righteouness has nothing to do with keeping the moral law. Paul continues his discourse on this subject where he speaks of the same "works" when speaking of grace:

"For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness"
(Ro.4:3-5).​

From this we can understand that keeping the moral law plays no part in one's salvation. We can also understand that the "works" in the following passage is also speaking of the moral law:

"So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace"
(Ro.11:6).​

Yep, Jerry. :thumb:

In fact, in Romans 4, Paul looks back to Abraham not only some 430 years BEFORE The Law, but BEFORE Circumcision- WHEN Abraham was IN UNcircumcision.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

4:9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. 4:10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect: 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

4:23 Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

While, some 430 years AFTER Abraham, when God was about to wipe out ALL Israel BUT Moses - BECAUSE OF Israel's evil WORKS - He repented (changed His mind ABOUT, or turned FROM...wiping them out) WHEN Moses reminded Him of His UNCONDITIONAL (NON works, or GRACE Based) Covenant that GOD had made UNTO Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob concerning THEIR MULTIPLIED seed.

Exodus 32:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people: 32:10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation. 32:11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand? 32:12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people. 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

1- Israel's GRACE, throughout, and in Paul's day, just BEFORE Unbelieving Israel's fall and TEMPORARY setting aside.

(Temporary because God is faithful to what He has DETERMINED HE WILL DO IN and THROUGH ISRAEL'S election OF GRACE)

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 3:2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

2- The Body's Grace to lost Jews and Gentiles, THIS SIDE OF Israel's fall and TEMPORAY setting aside...

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Romans 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 4:16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

God's Truth

GT, my teacher is Paul. What don't you get about that?

So me providing evidence for my position is proof I am "in error"? Hmmm....

*But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; - 1 Peter 3:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter3:15&version=NKJV

*“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord,“Though your sins are like scarlet,They shall be as white as snow;Though they are red like crimson,They shall be as wool. - Isaiah 1:18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah1:18&version=NKJV

I am trying to reason with you, GT, but you're refusing to even consider my side of the discussion. You are being unreasonable.

You are making up things.

You say you follow Paul, then tell me right here and now what it is that people misunderstood about Paul. See 2 Peter 3:16.

I am waiting. This is good.

God's Truth

Israel is the Bride of Christ.

*For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace,And for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest,Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness,And her salvation as a lamp that burns.*The Gentiles shall see your righteousness,And all kings your glory.You shall be called by a new name,Which the mouth of the Lord will name.*You shall also be a crown of gloryIn the hand of the Lord,And a royal diademIn the hand of your God.*You shall no longer be termed Forsaken,Nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate;But you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah;For the Lord delights in you,And your land shall be married.*For as a young man marries a virgin,So shall your sons marry you;And as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride,So shall your God rejoice over you. - Isaiah 62:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah62:1-5&version=NKJV

There is an Israel from heaven. Go learn the difference.

God's Truth

What don't you get about God separating Israel from the other people on earth?

Are you really that ignorant?

Your argument is against God (as usual).

Lev 20:22-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:22) ¶ Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out. (20:23) And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. (20:24) But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I [am] the LORD your God, which have separated you from [other] people.

That's not what God says.

What don't you get that it ONLY MATTERED about blood relations to Abraham until Jesus came?

God promised Abraham a blood relative would come the Savior.

The Savior came and only his blood matters now and our going through it to be saved.