ECT If By Grace Then It Is No More of Works

God's Truth

My teacher is Paul. Your move.

Jesus tells us what to do so that we can be cleaned by him and so that he will live with us.
You can’t remove even one scripture.

Let's look at the whole (relevant) passage:

*Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”*Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. *He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. - John 14:22-24http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

So, not only is Jesus NOT talking to Gentiles when he says this, but it's in response to a question about manifesting Himself to the ones who keep his commandments (the Jews), and not the world.

Hahahaha Jesus says WHEN he is CRUCIFIED THEN he will draw all men to him.

Why don’t you acknowledge that?

Paul calls it Jews first then Gentiles.

You deny many things to maintain your misunderstanding.

You go against many scriptures to maintain your false teachings.

And when we repent of all our sins, it means we repent of all our sins, and that means that Jesus cleans us out completely. It means that we are forgiven of our sins. We are then no longer sinners, but saints (that does not mean, however, that we no longer sin)

Who is it you forget repent or perish?
What?

You keep going against my saying we have to repent of our sins to be saved. Don’t you remember Jesus says repent or perish?

Jerry Shugart

He had to repent of his sins before he was saved.

You talk in circles. First you say that a person had to first "believe" that he had to repent of his sins:

He had to believe that he had to repent of his sins.

So by the time he understood and believed that he had to repent of his sins he was already saved. But now you say that he had to repent of his sins before he was saved:

He had to repent of his sins before he was saved.

It does no good to even attempt to reason about these things with you because you so easily throw your reason to the wind!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You talk in circles. First you say that a person had to first "believe" that he had to repent of his sins:

So by the time he understood and believed that he had to repent of his sins he was already saved. But now you say that he had to repent of his sins before he was saved:

It does no good to even attempt to reason about these things with you because you so easily throw your reason to the wind!
There's no sense in continuing that discussion until GT understands the difference between the Body of Christ and the Nation of Israel, aka the Bride of Christ. Until then, she will continue to go in circles.

God's Truth

No I do not talk in circles. I always say we have to believe and obey.

What don’t you understand about faith alone is dead?

Of course he has to repent of his sins before he is saved.

Tell me who you think is powerful enough to do away with Jesus saying you are blessed IF you obey? You go against all the teaching of Jesus while he walked the earth and even James says it as clear as can be.
See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 24.

God's Truth

There's no sense in continuing that discussion until GT understands the difference between the Body of Christ and the Nation of Israel, aka the Bride of Christ. Until then, she will continue to go in circles.

Jesus told the Jews to eat his flesh and drink his blood. If you do not get that that is about being a part of his body then you are badly mistaken not knowing God or the scriptures.

God's Truth

Who is the Bride of Christ, GT?

The Bride of Christ are all who are saved, Jew or Gentile.

Now reply to what I said instead of merely going on as if you can't hear.

Jesus told the Jews to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

That IS about being part of his body.

Jerry Shugart

You go against all the teaching of Jesus while he walked the earth...

No, what He taught supports my view. He said that those who "believe" have eternal life and will not be judged:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

You say that believing is not enough!

Your ideas are a denial of the plain words of the Lord Jesus there. It is beyond me that you can say with a straight face that the teaching of the Lord Jesus supports your ideas.

God's Truth

No, what He taught supports my view. He said that those who "believe" have eternal life and will not be judged:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

You say that believing is not enough!

Your ideas are a denial of the plain words of the Lord Jesus there. It is beyond me that you can say with a straight face that the teaching of the Lord Jesus supports your ideas.

ALL the scriptures where we are told to believe---those scriptures do NOT nullify the scriptures that say to obey!

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Now reply to what I said instead of merely going on as if you can't hear.

Jesus told the Jews to eat his flesh and drink his blood.

That IS about being part of his body.
And who is the Body of Christ? Is it also the saved Jews and Gentiles?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus' body is the Church, and the saved are part of his body.

On this we agree.

The Bride is the New Jerusalem, which is where Christ lives and where the saved are pillars built up in His City.

But you just said, and I quote:

So which is it? Is the Bride of Christ a city? Or is it a group of people?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Well said!!! You articulated this in a way that brought this home to me more clearly than I had understood it! Thank you!

:thumb:
See the links in my previous comment for further clarification. Enjoy!