ECT If By Grace Then It Is No More of Works

Jerry Shugart

He went to the jailer's house and taught him what we have to believe.

We have to believe that we have to repent to Jesus.

Nothing you say even hints that the jailer obeyed anything before he believed and was saved. Believing comes first and upon believing he was saved. Then the obedience followed after he was saved.

That is about those who spoke in tongues. People were worried that they might be saying something bad while they were speaking in tongues. Paul assured them that if they had the gift of speaking in tongues by the Spirit then then they would not say anything bad.

That is ridiculous! Where do you find in the Bible that those who spoke in tongues were worried that they might be saying something bad while they were speaking in tongues? You're the one who should be worried because you are constantly perverting the teaching found in the Bible.

God's Truth

Nothing you say even hints that the jailer obeyed anything before he believed and was saved. Believing comes first and upon believing he was saved. Then the obedience followed after he was saved.

The jailer was water baptized. That signifies repentance of sins.

The message that saves is about Jesus dying for our sins.

We have to repent of our sins.

That is ridiculous! Where do you find in the Bible that those who spoke in tongues were worried that they might be saying something bad while they were speaking in tongues? You're the one who should be worried because you are constantly perverting the teaching found in the Bible.

Are you a 'tongue speaker'?

Jerry Shugart

The jailer was water baptized. That signifies repentance of sins.

Yes, but before he could be baptized with water he had to first believe (Acts 8:36-37). And by the time he believed he was already saved.

The message that saves is about Jesus dying for our sins.

We have to repent of our sins.

Not for salvation:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway"
(Acts 16:30-33).​

Are you a 'tongue speaker'?

No! Are you?

God's Truth

Yes, but before he could be baptized with water he had to first believe (Acts 8:36-37). And by the time he believed he was already saved.

He had to believe that he had to repent of his sins.

Not for salvation:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway" (Acts 16:30-33).
Why wasn’t he saved then and there?
No! Are you?

No I am not. Nowadays tongue speaking is false.

God's Truth

So what? When he believed the gospel and believed he had to repent of his sins he was saved.

Any obedience on his part followed his salvation so that obedience played no part in his salvation.

I just cannot believe that you cannot even understand these simple things!

He had to repent of his sins before he was saved.

Tell me, have you ever had important company come to stay at your house?

Did you not make sure your house was cleaned and in order?

Jesus doesn't come to our heart and live there either unless you cleaned it by repenting of your dirty sins.

God's Truth

We have Jerry Shugart's version: Believe and do nothing else, faith alone.

And then we have Jesus' teachings: Faith alone is dead, and, obey my commands then I will live with you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We have Jerry Shugart's version: Believe and do nothing else, faith alone.

And then we have Jesus' teachings: Faith alone is dead, and, obey my commands then I will live with you.
I have a question for you, GT:

Is the Nation of Israel and the Body of Christ the same group of people?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He had to repent of his sins before he was saved.

Tell me, have you ever had important company come to stay at your house?

Did you not make sure your house was cleaned and in order?

Jesus doesn't come to our heart and live there either unless you cleaned it by repenting of your dirty sins.

Also, Have you never had a cleaner come to your house and clean it for you?

Jesus is the one who cleans us of our sins, because we can't do it on our own.

God's Truth

Also, Have you never had a cleaner come to your house and clean it for you?

Jesus is the one who cleans us of our sins, because we can't do it on our own.

Real nice worldly view; however, what does the word of God say?

You will have to decide if you want God's truth, or some false teacher's truth.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Jesus cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

How is it you forget repent or perish?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Real nice worldly view; however, what does the word of God say?

You will have to decide if you want God's truth, or some false teacher's truth.

My teacher is Paul. Your move.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Let's look at the whole (relevant) passage:

*Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”*Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. *He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. - John 14:22-24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John14:22-24&version=NKJV

So, not only is Jesus NOT talking to Gentiles when he says this, but it's in response to a question about manifesting Himself to the ones who keep his commandments (the Jews), and not the world.

Jesus cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

And when we repent of all our sins, it means we repent of all our sins, and that means that Jesus cleans us out completely. It means that we are forgiven of our sins. We are then no longer sinners, but saints (that does not mean, however, that we no longer sin)

Who is it you forget repent or perish?

What?