I will not vote for trump

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He's a liberal. He is only claiming to be a prolife Christian as a way to secure the votes of Christian conservatives.

I told you they were hyper-ventilating. Blood pressure must be the roof....

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:yawn:

You can't force yourself to believe lies- you know it's a lie and that's that.
What people do is pretend to believe what they know are lies to conceal what fear is false bias.

Trump would make a good president- and that's not the reason these people don't want him in office. They've put their petty values over competency, and everyone must pay- that is the pitfall of self-righteousness :rolleyes:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
If anyone has been watching CNN, they were interviewing Donald Trump's longtime lawyer Michael Cohen who is irate that Ted Cruz didn't come out and support Donald Trump (Cohen said it was "political suicide" for Cruz).

Looking at Cohen's background..

(surprise, surprise)

...A Democrat, Cohen voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and volunteered for former Massachusetts governor Michael Dukakis’s presidential campaign in 1988. (Cohen told ABC in 2011 that over time he grew disappointed with Obama.) He favors Dolce & Gabbana and Hermes, and once went sailing off Cape Cod with Ted Kennedy.

Read more: http://forward.com/news/312123/meet-michael-cohen-donald-trumps-jewish-wingman/

What on earth is a Barack Obama voting democrat doing representing that conservative republican (cough cough) Donald Trump?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by Rusha

He's a liberal.

He's not. I don't think you can really fit someone so inconsistent to any sort of ideological spectrum. He's merely a shameless self-promoter.

Trump has admitted that he embraces "New York values". If you need me to tell you what the people of ultra liberal New York City embrace, then ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha

He is only claiming to be a prolife Christian as a way to secure the votes of Christian conservatives.

Not that may well be true. But there's really no way to know.

In my book Trump's constant praise and defense of Planned Parenthood, the leading abortion butcher factory in the US is a "way to know".

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Bob Dole: 'Trump's going to make a great president'

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ays-trump-will-make-great-president/87340048/

"......."I think Trump's going to make a great president," Dole declared in an interview with USA TODAY, adding that he believes Trump will win in November. "I really believe there's — maybe 'a movement' is too strong — but there's just a lot of people, Republicans, independents and some Democrats, who are angry for some reason. Government, Congress, maybe something in their own state. And, you know, they've all kind of rallied around Trump."

No one has deeper Republican credentials than Dole. He has attended every convention since 1964 ("Basically, they're the same") as a member of the House and then the Senate, as Republican national chairman, as the running mate for then-president Gerald Ford and, finally, as the presidential nominee himself in 1996......"

Morpheus

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
The Republican Party Platform has always been pro life; just because people who vote republican don't hold their leaders up to the Party Platform doesn't mean that the stance that the Republican Party takes on abortion isn't pro life.

Your point being: since the Republicans haven't been successful in overturning Roe v Wade, what the heck, you'll go ahead and vote for the abortion on demand political party, a party that has been defeating every attempt at curtailing abortion in various US States.

The Democratic Party (you've heard of them, you've been voting that ticket since the 1980's) promotes a culture of death , not only by being strong supporters of the abortion movement but also it's evil twin, the LGBTQueer movement.

Unfortunately the Republican candidate for President is a big fan of Planned Parenthood and has been very kind to the LGBTQueer movement, so we won't be seeing any changes no matter who is elected President: Hillary or Donald.

"Neither party has morals", but for 30+ years you've just coincidentally voted for the Party that embraces (both legislatively and culturally), abortion on demand?

Most so-called "Christians" don't follow the teachings of Jesus Christ/the Son of God/God in the flesh, but that doesn't mean that the doctrine is false. The same goes for the pro life/pro traditional family values Republican Party Platform, there are many people who believe in it and are trying to legislate it.

I know that it's difficult for a moral relativist such as yourself to grasp this, but there are people out there that truly believe in the culture of life and want it legislated. The Republican Party Platform has been written by those people, unfortunately the "RINOS" are running the show (hence the fear that ran through the Republican Establishment when Ted Cruz ran for POTUS and did so well).

Once again: Would you care to discuss the republican legislation in numerous states that has attempted to shut down abortion clinics, but were defeated because of democratic activism? Just because Roe v Wade hasn't been overturned (and Ted Cruz showed how it can be), doesn't mean that republicans aren't attempting to defeat the pro abortion movement.

Democrats urge Supreme Court to overturn Texas abortion law
http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...-urge-scotus-to-overturn-tx-abortion-law.html

Rep. Marcia Fudge and other Democrats introduce bill that would overturn abortion restrictions in Ohio and elsewhere
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/11/abortion_measures_sought_by_oh.html

Etc. etc. etc.

Yet it was the "umbrella of government" that made things like abortion and homosexuality acceptable to mainstream society. Laws influence cultural mores', and since the Roe v Wade decision, cultural mores' have progressively embraced a culture of death in our once great Christian nation.
You must remember that your use of Republican cannot transfer the singular to the collective. I said before that there are individuals that try to change the culture from the legislative, and they should be supported if their efforts can be substantiated and are not simply token votes used to posture for votes; but the party in general does not allow such efforts traction. Politics, contrary to popular belief, is not a team sport. Individuals must stand on their own. Going along with the party line only shows a lack of character. Just look at Mike Pence. Touted as the "devoted evangelical", he is more than ready to shed his convictions to bind himself to a sociopath in Trump in order to advance himself. There is a reason he is lucky to scratch out a 40% approval rating in Indiana, his home state.

This isn't a Verizon package deal here. You don't have to accept all the negatives at great cost just so you can get the one or two features you actually want.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
5e631179fbfarmer2.gif

Come away with me ~ Norah Jones Song 8:14 NIRV, 2 Ti 4:8

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again: Would you care to discuss the republican legislation in numerous states that has attempted to shut down abortion clinics, but were defeated because of democratic activism? Just because Roe v Wade hasn't been overturned (and Ted Cruz showed how it can be), doesn't mean that republicans aren't attempting to defeat the pro abortion movement.

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...rtion-law.html

Rep. Marcia Fudge and other Democrats introduce bill that would overturn abortion restrictions in Ohio and elsewhere
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index....ght_by_oh.html

Etc. etc. etc.

You must remember that your use of Republican cannot transfer the singular to the collective. I said before that there are individuals that try to change the culture from the legislative, and they should be supported if their efforts can be substantiated and are not simply token votes used to posture for votes; but the party in general does not allow such efforts traction. Politics, contrary to popular belief, is not a team sport. Individuals must stand on their own. Going along with the party line only shows a lack of character. Just look at Mike Pence. Touted as the "devoted evangelical", he is more than ready to shed his convictions to bind himself to a sociopath in Trump in order to advance himself. There is a reason he is lucky to scratch out a 40% approval rating in Indiana, his home state.

This isn't a Verizon package deal here. You don't have to accept all the negatives at great cost just so you can get the one or two features you actually want.

I guess I'll need to repeat the above for the morally impaired:

Etc. etc. etc.

Morpheus

Etc. etc. etc.

I guess I'll need to repeat the above for the morally impaired:

Etc. etc. etc.

You don't have to keep repeating yourself; that only assumes that I didn't understand you in the first place instead of my pointing out that collectively voting straight-ticket Republican is no better than voting straight-ticket Democrat or vice versa. Also what you have failed to recognize is that passing legislation doomed to fail judicial review is posturing for votes. All they can tell you is, "Well, we tried, but those "activist judges" are the problem. The truth is that they typically know ahead of time when a bill won't get past the courts. I've spent enough time in the Indiana State House so that I can grasp the legalese. Reading how a bill is written often tells us when something is written is such a fashion so as to doom the legislation in the courts. It is no accident that they are written that way. Don't be so foolish as to believe that they are actually disappointed when their legislation fails the test. It's kinda like a Congress that votes to repeal Obamacare 60 times knowing their efforts are doomed to failure. But you keep giving them that E for effort. They are just posturing to maintain an illusion so you will keep putting them in office. Again it's like the Republican leadership meeting in 2009, the night of the inauguration, to vow to fight anything Obama suggested (even if it was good for the country) just so they could try and prevent him showing any success. They were/are willing to sacrifice the country if necessary in order to regain the White House.

The Conspiracy to Commit Legislative Constipation