I will not vote for trump

Arthur Brain

Then don't you DARE throw the Catechism in MY face anymore! You don't have a problem with mortal sin and abominations unto the Lord, and you question MY Catholicism? Be gone, hypocrite!

The only one who would be the hypocrite is the person who ascribes to Catholicism and yet doesn't adhere to the tenets of that faith. If you disregard the catechism then that's all on you. No point throwing your toys out the pram over it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
This above is where you lied about me.

I haven't made it a secret that I came to TOL as a conservative seven years ago, and over those seven years, for multiple reasons, I no longer consider myself a conservative. I've said that clearly here, and I haven't hidden it. People change, rocketman, and sometime the change comes in political worldviews. I don't, however, consider myself a "leftist," because I'm not much to the left beyond the "more left than right" signifier which used to show under my avatar. True leftists would laugh at the idea that anyone would consider me a leftist.

But you're not telling the truth when you say that I was never a conservative, and your "I don't know you/I know you" waffling posted below shows that you're singing two different tunes. I most absolutely was a conservative, I voted straight Republican ticket until 2012, and no - I didn't vote for Obama, in case you want to jump on that wagon.

I was also a practicing Catholic my entire life until recently, and again, for multiple reasons, I've struggled with that faith, which should make happy those who condemned me to hell for practicing a "false religion," so I guess it's lose/lose with those sweet Christians here who like rejoicing in that kind of thing.

Now to the inconsistency of your words:

vs.

And:

vs.

You can't have it both ways, rocketman. Either I was never a conservative or I'm no longer a conservative. I know which is true.

Yes, lied. And you did here as well:

No, I don't hate, although I'm sure there are a few 'christian' men here who'll high-five you for saying it. I don't hate anyone here - I just have the nerve to come to a discussion forum with an opposing point of view.

I doubt that it hurt you, I doubt you pray for me. People who care enough to pray aren't likely to lie about the person they're praying for.

Anyway. I've fallen into the "someone disagrees with me on the internet!" trap and it's best if we just let this go now and get back to politics. Feel free to put me back on ignore, it was probably better that way.

Whatever Anna...I said my piece, I don't care if you agree, if you like it, or if you like me for that matter. The tensions that have brewed between us came about when you decided to make a complete faith, worldview, & personality change, I am sorry it offends that I have told you what I see but, I was ready to unload it on you. Now you know how I feel, I know how you feel, now we both understand where each other is at....I'm good with it. Moving on now....

Last edited:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Kati Jacobsen ‏@PayAttnLibs

While he (Ted Cruz) speaks, they shld play clip of him raising his hand at Fox Debate, pledging support for nom

To be fair should we also play clips with the things Donald Trump said & did to Cruz's wife, or maybe the salacious allegations Trump made against Cruz that he was keeping 5 mistress'? Ted Cruz is perfectly within his right to promote the conservative agenda/platform without mention or endorsement of Trump, I don't think any fair person would hold anything against him for withholding an endorsement under the circumstances... I sure wouldn't. This is kind of like the 1976 primaries where Gerald Ford & the RNC said & did some pretty underhanded things to Ronald Reagan, as well as waging personal attacks against him, in turn Reagan never endorsed Ford and managed to speak around him without endorsement at the convention... it was fair then as well, pledge or not.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Who knows what other dictators and despots Paul Manafort did PR for prior to Trump?.......

Blah, blah, blah.... ....more Trump-Derangement-Syndrome stupidity.

liberalism-is-a-mental-disease-logo-366x366.jpg

musterion

We're on mutual ignore, I know that and am fine with it, but if I may I'd like to ask you one question.

I was also a practicing Catholic my entire life until recently, and again, for multiple reasons, I've struggled with that faith, which should make happy those who condemned me to hell for practicing a "false religion," so I guess it's lose/lose with those sweet Christians here who like rejoicing in that kind of thing.

I have no idea why you've rejected Rome and it's none of my business so I'm not asking. But your ex-church opposes and hates the Gospel of the grace of God, officially cursing it. You've no doubt read that Gospel many times here.

May I ask for what reasons you reject the saving Gospel? The good news is that Christ died for your (and my) sins, was buried, and rose again for your (and my) justification. Believe that and be saved. What is it about that you don't/won't/can't accept?

Whatever your answer is, I promise not to reply but I hope you'll be blunt and honest in answering it.

Thanks.

drbrumley

To be fair should we also play clips with the things Donald Trump said & did to Cruz's wife, or maybe the salacious allegations Trump made against Cruz that he was keeping 5 mistress'? Ted Cruz is perfectly within his right to promote the conservative agenda/platform without mention or endorsement of Trump, I don't think any fair person would hold anything against him for withholding an endorsement under the circumstances... I sure wouldn't. This is kind of like the 1976 primaries where Gerald Ford & the RNC said & did some pretty underhanded things to Ronald Reagan, as well as waging personal attacks against him, in turn Reagan never endorsed Ford and managed to speak around him without endorsement at the convention... it was fair then as well, pledge or not.

I don't disagree. But it must be noted Melania Trump was the first casualty, not Ted's wife.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
The Republican Party Platform has always been pro life; just because people who vote republican don't hold their leaders up to the Party Platform doesn't mean that the stance that the Republican Party takes on abortion isn't pro life.

Your point being: since the Republicans haven't been successful in overturning Roe v Wade, what the heck, you'll go ahead and vote for the abortion on demand political party, a party that has been defeating every attempt at curtailing abortion in various US States.

The Democratic Party (you've heard of them, you've been voting that ticket since the 1980's) promotes a culture of death , not only by being strong supporters of the abortion movement but also it's evil twin, the LGBTQueer movement.

Unfortunately the Republican candidate for President is a big fan of Planned Parenthood and has been very kind to the LGBTQueer movement, so we won't be seeing any changes no matter who is elected President: Hillary or Donald.

Actually my point has been that, no matter what they claim to aspire to, not only are they really not trying to stop abortion, but they really want to keep abortion legal. Neither party has "morals"...they just want to retain power at whatever cost.

"Neither party has morals", but for 30+ years you've just coincidentally voted for the Party that embraces (both legislatively and culturally), abortion on demand?

Most so-called "Christians" don't follow the teachings of Jesus Christ/the Son of God/God in the flesh, but that doesn't mean that the doctrine is false. The same goes for the pro life/pro traditional family values Republican Party Platform, there are many people who believe in it and are trying to legislate it.

The Republican party realized long ago that abortion translates into votes. If tomorrow the polls shift to 60+% pro-abortion the Republicans would get whiplash from the drastic turn in their policy.

I know that it's difficult for a moral relativist such as yourself to grasp this, but there are people out there that truly believe in the culture of life and want it legislated. The Republican Party Platform has been written by those people, unfortunately the "RINOS" are running the show (hence the fear that ran through the Republican Establishment when Ted Cruz ran for POTUS and did so well).

Think about it. For years they screamed about the border and "illegals", but when it became evident that Hispanics are going to become a huge voting block, they started "softening" their policies, claiming that they need to "reach out to the Latino community" to remain viable in the future. A few hardliners hung onto the old policy, and then Trump used it as a wedge issue. But that is part of the reason for the split in the party. To the Parties morals and ethics are irrelevant; their survival is all that counts. And their "platforms" are just the result of highly calculated risk assessments.

[EDIT] I'll try to explain it this way. How many husbands have you met who claim over and over again that they love their wives, then time after time they beat them, only to come back with, "I'm so sorry! I'll never do it again! I love you so much!" Just how many times do you have to excuse their behaviors before you realize that if they really loved their wives they would not abuse them over and over again.

What use is it for a political party to say that they are against abortion when they do nothing to stop it?

Once again: Would you care to discuss the republican legislation in numerous states that has attempted to shut down abortion clinics, but were defeated because of democratic activism? Just because Roe v Wade hasn't been overturned (and Ted Cruz showed how it can be), doesn't mean that republicans aren't attempting to defeat the pro abortion movement.

Democrats urge Supreme Court to overturn Texas abortion law
http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...-urge-scotus-to-overturn-tx-abortion-law.html

Rep. Marcia Fudge and other Democrats introduce bill that would overturn abortion restrictions in Ohio and elsewhere
http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/11/abortion_measures_sought_by_oh.html

Etc. etc. etc.

You might ask how am I doing anything about abortion voting for a Democrat. I say that I do much to end abortion, and have for decades; but voting one way or the other makes no difference when the effect is the same whichever you vote for. I abandoned the idea that elections affect abortion long ago. I had to look to many other fields under the umbrella of government to find outcomes with actual differences from party to party, and then decide using those.

Yet it was the "umbrella of government" that made things like abortion and homosexuality acceptable to mainstream society. Laws influence cultural mores', and since the Roe v Wade decision, cultural mores' have progressively embraced a culture of death in our once great Christian nation.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
AB was never on the right.

The wicked are estranged from the womb, speaking lies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Laura Ingram was great. I thought something was fishy when Fox News switched away from her right in the middle. She rightly called out all the media.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Laura Ingram was great. I thought something was fishy when Fox News switched away from her right in the middle. She rightly called out all the media.

She also rightly called out all the establishment hacks who are not endorsing Trump. That was AWESOME!
I love her. :kiss:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
AB was never on the right.

The wicked are estranged from the womb, speaking lies.

No Nick, Arthur Brain was never on the right (I wonder what gave it away?).

Being that you defend pro abortion, pro homosexual politicians such as Ronald Reagan and now Donald Trump, can you really consider yourself "on the right"?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

I saw that as well, i switched to C-span, I don't want to hear Oreilly, Megan, or the rest of the hee haw gang, I want to hear the speakers. Laura slammed them all real good, the press that is...:thumb:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

I'm watching on channel 212 - U-verse - no commercials or commentary

She also rightly called out all the establishment hacks who are not endorsing Trump. That was AWESOME!
I love her. :kiss:

FULL SPEECH: Laura Ingraham BRINGS DOWN THE HOUSE at RNC in Cleveland (7-20-16)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did you vote for Reagan?

Like many, I have been fooled by many a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Reagan is too moderate for that freak.

Helping abortion go mainstream because of his pro abortion legislation and helping the LGBTQueer movement make great advances (Reagan spoke out against the Briggs Initiative which wouldn't have allowed sodomites to teach children in CA schools), as well as being responsible for defeating "no fault divorce" legislation all while Governor of CA hardly made Ronald Reagan a "moderate" Catfish.