I will not vote for trump

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He wants to build a wall to stop the flow of illegal drugs and people coming in through the southern border
He wants to stop Muslims coming in until they can figger out what's happening
He wants to stop companies from moving overseas chucking people on the scrapheap
He wants to stop trade pacts which is totally destroying enterprise
He wants to end lobby politics

These are all good things

I don't believe he is racist, He doesn't mean all Mexes are rapists or dope addict but he is pointing out that a very high percentage of these crimes are carried out by these ethnic groups.

He doesn't believe all Muslims are killers but he is right when he says of all the atrocities that are being perpetrated are perpetrated by them....and their communities know it and are not telling the authorities.

You have to admit these issues do need sorting out.

Sure, Trump does talk about some real problems. Does anyone really doubt that? The complaint is in how he talks about the issues. And his solutions.

And you saying he wants to end lobby politics is a joke. Hasn't he bragged about being able to get stuff done? Are we to think that he's going to stop a system that he's benefited from? That he wouldn't answer if big money came calling? Trump is speaking against lobbyists because it suits his purposes now. I don't believe it's anything more than that.

Does Trump actually have any principles at all? :idunno:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Do you think Nazi Germany would have just ignored the USA in WWII if it hadn't entered? America did not single handedly win the war Grosnick so put the stars and stripes down and get a clue.

Britain, Russia, and the other countries would have been unable to withstand the onslaught the Nazis would have unleashed. Take America out and you guys and the rest of the world would have fallen like a house of cards.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
actually, we kept the brits going until the japs did us the favor of bombing pearl harbor (and swaying public opinion to allow for our entry into the war that had been raging for 2+ years) by sending them ships full of old rusty rifles

In the dark days following the British Expeditionary Force's evacuation from Dunkirk in 1940, Great Britain was a nation virtually disarmed. And not just by the need to abandon equipment on France's beaches to save British "Tommies" to fight another day, but by the policies of its own government. The days of devotion to civilian markmanship, "volunteer rifle clubs" and the idea that there should be "a rifle in every cottage," as proposed by the Prime Minister Marquis of Salisbury in 1900, had given way to restrictive gun control laws that required subjects to demonstrate "good reason" to merely obtain a handgun or rifle. So with Hitler's legions poised to cross the English Channel, the British people were defended by an ill-equipped and defeated army and a "Home Guard" armed with little more than sporting shotguns and pikes.

Help for the beleaguered nation came from both the American government and from the American people, the latter through the "American Committee for Defense of British Homes." In late 1940, the committee sent an urgent appeal -- which, of course, appeared in American Rifleman -- for Americans to send "Pistols - Rifles - Revolvers - Shotguns - Binoculars" because "British civilians, faced with the threat of invasion, desperately need arms for the defense of their homes." Thousands of arms were collected and sent to England

more:http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/650257/posts

I didn't know about that campaign and it is interesting, but that wasn't the decisive action in the war, which was my point. Musterion and AB were talking about guns in society and then GM bring sin WWII, as if gun-toting civilians won the war and saved Britain.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Britain, Russia, and the other countries would have been unable to withstand the onslaught the Nazis would have unleashed. Take America out and you guys and the rest of the world would have fallen like a house of cards.

i suspect we would have annexed mexico, the rest of central america and at least the eastern coastline of south america

purely as a defensive measure

not sure what we would have done with canada - she'd be an orphan, just like NZ, Aus, southafrica...

remember how orwell had the world divvied up?

Arthur Brain

Nobody's disputing that America played a huge role in winning the war. So did the rest of the allied forces as you well know.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
i suspect we would have annexed mexico, the rest of central america and at least the eastern coastline of south america

purely as a defensive measure

not sure what we would have done with canada - she'd be an orphan, just like NZ, Aus, southafrica...

remember how orwell had the world divvied up?

I'm not interested in your opinions.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
actually, we kept the brits going until the japs did us the favor of bombing pearl harbor (and swaying public opinion to allow for our entry into the war that had been raging for 2+ years) by sending them ships full of old rusty rifles

In the dark days following the British Expeditionary Force's evacuation from Dunkirk in 1940, Great Britain was a nation virtually disarmed. And not just by the need to abandon equipment on France's beaches to save British "Tommies" to fight another day, but by the policies of its own government. The days of devotion to civilian markmanship, "volunteer rifle clubs" and the idea that there should be "a rifle in every cottage," as proposed by the Prime Minister Marquis of Salisbury in 1900, had given way to restrictive gun control laws that required subjects to demonstrate "good reason" to merely obtain a handgun or rifle. So with Hitler's legions poised to cross the English Channel, the British people were defended by an ill-equipped and defeated army and a "Home Guard" armed with little more than sporting shotguns and pikes.

Help for the beleaguered nation came from both the American government and from the American people, the latter through the "American Committee for Defense of British Homes." In late 1940, the committee sent an urgent appeal -- which, of course, appeared in American Rifleman -- for Americans to send "Pistols - Rifles - Revolvers - Shotguns - Binoculars" because "British civilians, faced with the threat of invasion, desperately need arms for the defense of their homes." Thousands of arms were collected and sent to England

more:http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/650257/posts

You're a complete "Dullard."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I didn't know about that campaign and it is interesting, but that wasn't the decisive action in the war, which was my point. Musterion and AB were talking about guns in society and then GM bring sin WWII, as if gun-toting civilians won the war and saved Britain.

you should read some history on it - the germans were planning an invasion, but were deterred by the strong british naval presence in scapa flow - the uboats really threw the brits into a hard place when they came into full swing

if hitler hadn't suffered from ADD and had focused on one strategy and seen it through, things could very easily have turned out very differently

by the time the uboats got their strategies down, we were launching liberty ships full of tanks, guns, ammo, planes, bombs, supplies, etc faster than the germans could build torpedoes to sink them

by the end of the war, henry kaiser's assembly line was launching one of these every day

View attachment 23718