I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

That was a good read, thank you. From your link:
In fact, most of the resistance to Hillary initially was about how “smug” she was in pushing that “Universal Health Care” agenda. How dare she want all people to have health insurance–why that means that health care is a community health problem–there she goes again, with a mind of her own! Furthermore, apparently she was not behaving as a First Lady should. What the hell is that? How should a First Lady behave? The intense misogyny is too overwhelming to ignore here, and sadly, we are all implicated in this system of oppression. Just this past June, Hillary was shredded by the media for the Armani jacket she wore. Really? The day she was announced as the Democratic Nominee for President, it was a picture of her husband that made the front page of the paper. This is some intense sexism at work. Did anyone ask what Bill Clinton was wearing and who designed it?

I remember the visceral hatred of Hillary during the Universal Health care days (and ever after), followed by the fainter, but similar, current visceral hatred of Michelle Obama. It's not rational.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Some of you may remember me saying Trump will be out in August? It might have been in T Hall 'Trump will win' thread? Now you may disagree, yet here is the fact.

When the candidate cannot get along with his chosen VP, it means he will lose the election!

It is not Hillary Clinton who has managed to defeat Trump, rather it is his own big mouth, as well, his stupid decisions. He may have gained many who bothered with the primaries, yet his lack of cooperation with other Republicans will not attract undecided voters who dislike Clinton. His unwillingness to accept members of his own party places him outside regular party politics. His action will make all hard democrats, some who strongly dislike Clinton, yet will choose her because they see Trump as a lose cannon. Women on both sides of the isle will dislike Trump for his apparent hostilities. The independent vote will go to Clinton because so many people now think Trump is a dangerous self-promoting kook!

Donald Trump, always the clown, fails at being a shrewd politician and this fact, is the reason I posted he would be out in August!

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Some of you may remember me saying Trump will be out in August? It might have been in T Hall 'Trump will win' thread? Now you may disagree, yet here is the fact.

When the candidate cannot get along with his chosen VP, it means he will lose the election!

It is not Hillary Clinton who has managed to defeat Trump, rather it is his own big mouth, as well, his stupid decisions. He may have gained many who bothered with the primaries, yet his lack of cooperation with other Republicans will not attract undecided voters who dislike Clinton. His unwillingness to accept members of hos own party places him outside regular party politics. His action will make all hard democrats, some who strongly dislike Clinton, yet will choose her because they see Trump as a lose cannon. Women on both sides of the isle will dislike Trump for his apparent hostilities. The independent vote will go to Clinton because so many people now think Trump is a dangerous self-promoting kook!

Donald Trump, always the clown, fails at being a shrewd politician and this fact, is the reason I posted he would be out in August!
View attachment 24628

ClimateSanity

Trump's mouth works independent of his brain. Neither work well.

The New Yorker, Nov. 2015:
Speaking to Sean Hannity, of Fox News, on Tuesday, Trump said that, in order to forestall possible attacks on American soil, the federal government might have to close down mosques. “Nobody wants to say this, and nobody wants to shut down religious institutions,” Trump said. But, he continued, “there’s absolutely no choice. Some really bad things are happening, and they are happening fast.”

In an interview with Yahoo News, which was also carried out on Tuesday, Trump expanded on his ideas for preventing another terrorist attack on this side of the Atlantic. “We’re going to have to do things that we never did before.” he said. “And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule. And certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy. And so we’re going to have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago.”

The reporter who carried out the interview, Hunter Walker, then pressed Trump about how far he would be willing to go. Walker asked whether the level of surveillance Trump was advocating might require registering Muslims in a database or, in Walker’s words, “giving them a form of special identification that noted their religion.” Trump wouldn’t rule out the idea. “We’re going to have to look at a lot of things very closely,” he said. “We’re going to have to look at the mosques. We’re going to have to look very, very carefully.”

All very good thoughts by Trump. We have an enemy that wants to kill all of us. All of them are in the same religion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not many care about the email issue anymore.

Email is not an issue. Email proved she is lying, not just mistaken. Just like "man made global warming". It proved they are not just mistaken, but are in fact liars.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
THAT is a bald faced, 100% LIE!
You, sir, are a liar of the first order. Trump has never said any such thing.

“As I have said on numerous occasions, a religious test for entering our country is not reflective of these fundamental values. I reject it. … Many Muslim Americans have served valiantly in our military, and made the ultimate sacrifice. Captain Khan was one such brave example.”
- Paul Ryan, Republican Speaker of the House

“Captain Khan was an American hero, and like all Americans I’m grateful for the sacrifices that selfless young men like Capt. Khan and their families have made in the war on terror. And as I have long made clear, I agree with the Kahns and families across the country that a travel ban on all members of a religion is simply contrary to American values.”
- Mitch McConnell, Republican Majority Leader of the Senate
It was Trump's proposal to ban Muslim immigration that triggered the response by the Khan's at the DNC Convention and it was his criticism that forced the 2 top ranking members of the Republican Party to come to their defense!

Both have characterized Trump's Muslim immigration policy as "contrary to American values,” signaling that they consider it "unconstitutional" and they would not consent to introducing such legislation in Congress.

ClimateSanity

Trump's proposal to ban Muslim immigration trigger the response by the Khan's at the DNC Convention and his criticism of them forced the 2 top ranking members of the Republican Party to come to their defense!

Both characterized Trump's immigration policy that would target one religion as "simply contrary to American values” an signaling that they consider it "unconstitutional" and would refuse to introduce it in Congress.

Which is a far cry from the original accusation by gcthomas:

Because Trump had thoroughly denounced the role of Muslims in the US.

PureX

I was thinking about your 30 years comment this morning as I went about my work, and it's an interesting line of thought. Getting back to it this afternoon, I'd be interested in your thoughts on this:

Why our government is broken
Unfortunately, that essay posed nothing but 'symptoms'. And contrary to it's title, I saw no suggestion of an actual cause for these symptoms.

My own personal suggestion as to the root cause of why Americans have slid into this morass of stupidity and selfishness, is commercial advertising. Children born in the later 1950s grew up in a sea of commercial advertising that told them every day of their lives, many times a day, that they could have anything they wanted (for a price) and that they SHOULD have it! They deserved it! And the more of it they could get, the more important and respectable and happy they will be in their society.

The "greed is good" buz-phrase may have been coined by Milton Freedman, but the message was created on Madison Avenue by commercial advertisers, and it has been reiterated in their ads thousands of times a day, in every public medium, every decade since. So that by the time these second tier baby-boomers became adults (the TV generation) and began influencing politics and business (the late 1970s, early 1980s), they were fully convinced of the truth of that message, and very capable of following it through. And the result is that they have been steadily and inexorably tearing the fabric of this nation's government and economic systems apart, for their own selfish gain, ever since.

The republican party may have been more aligned with this greed meme, initially, thanks to Reagan's epic inadequacy as a leader. But the greed generation now populates both parties almost to the man. And every decision now being made by our government, state and federal, regardless of which party is in charge, is being made based on the personal greed of the people involved in making it, and not on the well-being of the nation or it's people.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Which is a far cry from the original accusation by gcthomas:

Because Trump had thoroughly denounced the role of Muslims in the US.
Did Captain Khan, a Muslim American, give his life for his country in 2004 so that Donald Trump, who had repeatedly sought for exemptions from military service, can impose a ban on all Muslim immigration in 2016?

Not only is such a proposal "unconstitutional," it dishonors the sacrifices made by Muslim Americans and their families!

Status
Not open for further replies.