I Support Capital Punishment

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
Yes, God is on the throne and is alive. He is not silent. Satan sure isn't on the throne.

Were you on the "throne" when you started this thread?

wholearmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimei

:darwinsm:

Mr 5020:
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shimei again.

:sozo2:

WA:
Same thing!

:sozo2:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak said:
Q: The Apostle Paul was a murderer and yet when Jesus encountered him He did not command Paul to report to the governing authorities to be put to death. Why?

Because God has the authority to forgive murders. We do not have that authority. The murdered person is dead and can not forgive the person that murdered them. The government has been granted the authority to carry out the punishment of the murderer. The murderer can repent to God and be forgiven, but the murderer still must receive the punishment due.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak, from post #55,

When a judge does sentence a murderer to be put to death, is God going to judge the judge for murder?

Try directly answering the question this time, like "Yes because..." or "No because..."

Last edited:

Agape4Robin

Why shouldn't murderers, rapists and child molesters die?
It's not like they are taken out back and shot immediately following the trial (what I would prefer) so they have a chance to find salvation with Christ.
As with any sin, there are consequences. This is nothing new. God is not mocked, what a man sows, he also reaps!
Life in prison is a slap in the face to the surviving family and victims who deserve justice. They have a life sentence of the repercussions brought about due to the evil acts of the criminals.
Let them deal with God! :sozo2: :Clete:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Agape4Robin said:
It's not like they are taken out back and shot immediately following the trial (what I would prefer) so they have a chance to find salvation with Christ.
As with any sin, there are consequences. This is nothing new. God is not mocked, what a man sows, he also reaps!
Life in prison is a slap in the face to the surviving family and victims who deserve justice. They have a life sentence of the repercussions brought about due to the evil acts of the criminals.
Let them deal with God! :sozo2: :Clete:

If the murderer is given the death penalty, put him/her to death the next day. This will give them the night to think about what they did and they will have a last chance to repent. Heck, I bet a pastor might even volunteer to witness to them the night before they die. I say there is a 50% chance that they will repent and become saved.

Luke 23:
39Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us."

40But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong." 42Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom."

43And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

Agape4Robin

Shimei said:
If the murderer is given the death penalty, put him/her to death the next day. This will give them the night to think about what they did and they will have a last chance to repent. Heck, I bet a pastor might even volunteer to witness to them the night before they die. I say there is a 50% chance that they will repent and become saved.

Luke 23:
39Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us."

40But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? 41And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong." 42Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom."

43And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."
Rep points for you! :thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Freak said:
•The Samaritan Woman in John 4 was guilty of adultery and yet Jesus restored her and did not call for her to report to the governing authorities to be put to death.
the government wouldn't have put her to death. The romans didn't consider adultery to be a capital crime. Put some thought into these things.

•The Apostle Paul was a murderer and yet when Jesus encountered him He did not command Paul to report to the governing authorities to be put to death.
Saull was given the authority to kill the people he was killing, by the government of the day.:duh:

•The Christians in Corinth (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-11) who were formerly "sexually immoral," "idolaters," "adulterers," "male prostitutes," and "homosexual offenders"--all of which were capital offences in the Old Testament, were not called upon the apostle Paul to report to the governing authorities to be put to death.
1] These people had been redeemed in Christ. They were formerly these things. They had repented. The unrepentant do not fall into this category. Not to mention these people were under governments that most likely allowed for these type of activites. They were Greek after all.

You're really not that smart, are you?

Crow

wholearmor said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimei

:darwinsm:

Mr 5020:
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shimei again.

I repped him for you! :chuckle:

Freak

wholearmor said:
I'd say whether you believe in the death penalty or not depends on whether you believe God would like to see more innocent people die than guilty people.
The Scriptures point out that we all deserve death, judgment, and hell. We are all guilty. The apostle Paul states, "Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men..." If it wasn't for God's mercy we'd all be dead and sent to hell.

Freak

Shimei said:
The government has been granted the authority to carry out the punishment of the murderer.
Of course but that does not include putting people to death. The Old Law which called for the death penalty has been annulled “because of its weakness and unprofitableness” (see Hebrews 7:18).

Freak

lighthouse said:
the government wouldn't have put her to death. The romans didn't consider adultery to be a capital crime. Put some thought into these things.
Why didn't Jesus? I thought you believed Jesus was for putting criminals to death? Did not God (Jesus) consider adultery a capital crime? Why didn't He put her to death?

Saull was given the authority to kill the people he was killing, by the government of the day.:duh:
So that makes it right? Did not God (Jesus) consider murder a capital crime? Why didn't He put him to death?

These people had been redeemed in Christ. They were formerly these things.
Exactly my point.

They had repented.
Good job!!

Not to mention these people were under governments that most likely allowed for these type of activites. They were Greek after all.
That didn't answer my question.

The Christians in Corinth (see 1 Corinthians 6:9-11) who were formerly "sexually immoral," "idolaters," "adulterers," "male prostitutes," and "homosexual offenders"--all of which were capital offences in the Old Testament, were not called upon the apostle Paul to report to the governing authorities to be put to death. Why didn't Paul, whom you believed, supported the death penalty, call these offenders to the death penalty.

Freak

Agape4Robin said:
The "sexually immoral," "idolaters," "adulterers," "male prostitutes," and "homosexual offenders"--all of which were capital offences in the Old Testament, were not called upon the apostle Paul to report to the governing authorities to be put to death. Do you know why?

And we all deserve judgment. God's mercy and grace has allowed us to live.

Life in prison is a slap in the face to the surviving family and victims who deserve justice.
Many victims have not called for the death penalty. A very close friend of mine had his wife murdered 8 years ago. He did not want the guy to be put to death but wanted the guy to have the opportunity to trust Christ and be redeemed. Yes, punish with whatever the authorities deemed necessary (except death)!

Freak

Jabez said:
Did God give man the authority to take life?
At one time in the Old Covenant but the Old Law which called for the death penalty has been annulled “because of its weakness and unprofitableness” (see Hebrews 7:18).

Did God give us commision to make life?
Yes!

Jabez

Friend of Jesus
Freak said:
At one time in the Old Covenant but the Old Law which called for the death penalty has been annulled “because of its weakness and unprofitableness” (see Hebrews 7:18).

Yes!
Good to see you back and posting Freak ! Iam glad your here..