ECT I finally found MAD in Scripture 1 Ti 6:20 "falsely so called knowledge"

Danoh

One remark Stam made that struck me was where stam based his conclusion on no one else said what he Paul had said anywhere else in scripture the only problem was Jesus taught the same thing stam said only Paul taught. No I don't remember the particular scripture I referenced it just struck me that Stam said no one taught that but Paul and at the time the scripture came to mind where Jesus said exactly what Stam said was no where else in scripture, and Stam based his conclusion on a falsehood. I should have wrote down Stam's remark and where Jesus said exactly what Stam said was no where else in scripture. I didn't and don't remember where exactly I was surfing some of Stam's remarks.

Try actually reading what Stam may or may not have said and where he himself may have actually said it, or not, bro.

In his own writings; not in some quote of his, or whatever; lifted out of all he may have actually said both prior to, and after said supposed quote.

It's called Grace - or "charity believeth all things" - gives the other guy the benefit of the doubt.

1 Corinthians 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

Here, Google and actually read his most well known work...

[ pdf things that differ c.r.stam ]

Don't be like Interplanner; who yaps, and yaps, and yaps, though he publicly acknowledged to me both on another forum he and I came from prior to this one, and on this one; that he had no time to read the man's own actual words, other than a snippet (out of context) here and there...

In short, dodge...

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that...

they received the word with all readiness of mind, and...

searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

Can you do that?

Can you actually follow those three principles towards having actually, and fairly heard out another brother in the Lord (in this case: C.R.Stam).

I am well aware of the animosity some have so ignorantly seen fit to practice towards you, simply because you have been fully persuaded in your own mind and posted from that when you first began posting on here.

Just as I am well aware that you yourself soon began to too often allow yourself to respond in kind to such grace-lessness towards you.

Time to put that away, standing strong in what you hold to at this point as you would need to do; calling out what you need to with a bit less animosity in kind; at the same time that you actually hear another out, per the above, Acts 17, three-fold principle.

And yes, I have more than said as much to others...to no avail.

Yours in the Lord, bro...

Rom. 5:8
Eph. 5:16
Prov. 27:17

john w

Hall of Fame
Those who follow and place Jesus first in their lives. They are also known as Christians.

Christianity is not based upon anyone who follows and place Jesus first in their lives; if it were, you'd be raising the dead, selling all you have, going to Jerusalem, healing the sick, making the blind see... and placing "Jesus" "First in their lives" is sanctification, not justification, as JW's can say that, as can Catholics................

Define the specifics of placing "Jesus first in their lives"-eternal destinies are at stake.

john w

Hall of Fame
lol, imagine two cultist supporting their cult. Who would have thunk it ?

Please say that "cult" cliche again...Please?

That cultist/sectist Paul....

Acts 24:5 KJVFor we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:

Acts 28:22 KJV But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.

SaulToPaul 2

lol - there ya go! Much better!

Belief and understanding are not necessarily one and the same.

Very Danoheianic of ya "Stair" :chuckle:

Belief leads to understanding.

Take Matthew 15:24 (KJV), for instance.

Dodge does not believe it, and consequently warps it out of recognition.

john w

Hall of Fame
Do you ever get tired of saint john w the great'ism, which is nothing but lies and DECEPTION!!!!!!

Your man made Breenism-ism has become expert at "changing" the bible to fit Breenism. Breen-ism interpretation is wrong. Breen-ism needs to get a bible and read it-it is in the bible. Breen-ism is deceived. And, finally, IN CAPS-BREEN-ISM IGNORES SCRIPTURE AND JESUS' TEACHINGS TO FOLLOW LIES!!!!

That ought to convince all of TOL.

SaulToPaul 2

Your man made Breenism-ism has become expert at "changing" the bible to fit Breenism. Breen-ism interpretation is wrong. Breen-ism needs to get a bible and read it-it is in the bible. Breen-ism is deceived. And, finally, IN CAPS-BREEN-ISM IGNORES SCRIPTURE AND JESUS' TEACHINGS TO FOLLOW LIES!!!!

That ought to convince all of TOL.

Why do you ignore Jesus and worship Paul?

Danoh

Belief leads to understanding.

Take Matthew 15:24 (KJV), for instance.

Dodge does not believe it, and consequently warps it out of recognition.

You have that principle backwards.

First a thing should properly studied out towards it's proper understanding.

Only then should it be believed in.

Acts 17:11-12; Rom. 14:5, etc.

SaulToPaul 2

You have that principle backwards.

First a thing should properly studied out towards it's proper understanding.

Only then should it be believed in.

Acts 17:11-12; Rom. 14:5, etc.

Nope, believe it first, and let the chips fall where they may.
Never figure it out first, then believe it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why do you ignore Jesus and worship Paul?

I will not ignore Jesus and His teachings to become a Breenite, who throws out the baby, with the bath water,in a hurry, under the bandstand, and idolizes men, and follows man made LIES(in contrast to God made LIES).

SaulToPaul 2

I will not ignore Jesus and His teachings to become a Breenite, who throws out the baby, with the bath water,in a hurry, under the bandstand, and idolizes men.

Who is your guru? What brand of toothpaste do you use? What's your shoe size?
4 out of 5 Theologians recommend Breenism.

dodge

You and I hold to the same cult?

:chuckle:

When I witness to anyone I tell then of the finished work of Jesus as a payment for their sin I do NOT tell them there is a debate about "2" gospels ,nor do I contradict what Jesus and Paul, and ALL Apostles taught about repenting and turning to God. I do not witness to the Holiness and truth of God by telling anyone that the day they start their walk with God that it is OK for them to disobey and Ignore what Jesus and all the Apostles taught about baptism and the Lord's supper.

I encourage both saved and UN-saved to grow a relationship with Jesus through reciprocal love,and to do everything Jesus taught that is possible and to pray for His direction and leadership.

How can anyone claim Jesus as savior and not as Lord and King as scripture teaches.

If Jesus is not your Lord and King you have only lied to yourself by claiming Jesus as savior.

Being in a cult has no comparison to being in Christ.

Cult's commonality is always to marginalize Jesus and promote another in His place.