HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
So your conclusion is based on circular logic.

All will experience death according to the Bible. All will be judged. It doesn't say all who are not believers in Christ.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

No member of the Body of Christ is responsible to convince anyone of becoming a member of the body. We're only to preach the Gospel. If you should hear the Gospel and place all your faith in Christ and none in yourself or anything else, then you will be saved and enter eternal life. If you reject the Gospel, then you'll suffer the consequences of your choice. Becoming a member of the Body of Christ is the work of the Holy Spirit, it is a Spiritual process and not a matter of me or anyone else CONVINCING you of anything. I'm not a salesman, I'm merely someone preaching the truth of the Gospel of the Grace of God.

popsthebuilder

No member of the Body of Christ is responsible to convince anyone of becoming a member of the body. We're only to preach the Gospel. If you should hear the Gospel and place all your faith in Christ and none in yourself or anything else, then you will be saved and enter eternal life. If you reject the Gospel, then you'll suffer the consequences of your choice. Becoming a member of the Body of Christ is the work of the Holy Spirit, it is a Spiritual process and not a matter of me or anyone else CONVINCING you of anything. I'm not a salesman, I'm merely someone preaching the truth of the Gospel of the Grace of God.
Why would you think I expect you to convince me of anything?

My faith is from GOD, not man.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There will be copious amounts of people who rejected the Gospel, standing before the Judgement seat of God. They heard the Gospel, but for some reason or another, they rejected it. Those people, according to the Bible will be judged by their WORKS and, in addition, if their names are NOT written in the Book of Life, they will be cast into the Lake of Fire for eternity. I for one, would look very hard at what Paul is saying in Romans through Philemon. I started fearing Hell and the Lake of Fire when I was only 12-years-old in 1962. Yet, my family were not Christians, weren't regular church goers and weren't religious, yet as a 12-year-old I started thinking about the awful truth of a Hell/Lake of Fire. Whoever and wherever you are, I'd start seeking the truth about your eternal destination while you still inhabit planet earth in your mortal body. Once you die, it'll be too late. Is that an ominous warning? You bet it is.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
And does the Bible say that Jesus said that the father is the only true God? Why shouldn't I believe Jesus?

If the Bible teaches there is only one God, AND that the Father is God, and the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, then the Father is the only God, the Son is the only God, and the Holy Spirit is the only God.

Jesus' statement about the Father being the only true God was not exclusive of the other two Persons of the Trinity, but it is exclusive of all other gods.

Jesus is the only true God just as much as the Father and the Holy Spirit are also the only true God, yet there is only one God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If the Bible teaches there is only one God, AND that the Father is God, and the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God, then the Father is the only God, the Son is the only God, and the Holy Spirit is the only God.

Jesus' statement about the Father being the only true God was not exclusive of the other two Persons of the Trinity, but it is exclusive of all other gods.

Jesus is the only true God just as much as the Father and the Holy Spirit are also the only true God, yet there is only one God.

Amen.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since receiving the Gospel and becoming a member of the Body of Christ is a Spiritual process done by the Holy Spirit, the individual believers don't have to be able to articulate the Gospel in any special way. They need only preach the simple message of the Gospel with corresponding Scriptures and leave the rest to the work of the Holy Spirit. They need not, Sweat it.

popsthebuilder

I believe you asked me earlier to give you some Scriptures to back up what I was saying? Was that you?
Most likely friend....that wouldn't be you taking responsibility for my ignorance or lack of belief or understanding though.

I just want to month reasons you believe in such a way and believe you to have come to said conclusions through scripture.....so I asked for said scripture....you aren't supposed to xhangey mind for me, and don't have to do anything really.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Most likely friend....that wouldn't be you taking responsibility for my ignorance or lack of belief or understanding though.

I just want to month reasons you believe in such a way and believe you to have come to said conclusions through scripture.....so I asked for said scripture....you aren't supposed to xhangey mind for me, and don't have to do anything really.

You're right about that.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One of the problems on TOL is, there are posters that are preaching; Another Gospel other than the one taught by the Apostle Paul. There's only one Gospel for today and that is the Gospel of the Grace of God as preached by the Apostle Paul. If you desire eternal life, you must accept that Gospel.

drbrumley

Pops, sorry for not being able to discuss the two judgments with you today. I had a very busy day....

But I do want to say I have settled out of court. Have you settled out of court?

popsthebuilder

Pops, sorry for not being able to discuss the two judgments with you today. I had a very busy day....

But I do want to say I have settled out of court. Have you settled out of court?
It's alright. I get exceedingly busy at times myself.

I think you have made an analogy. If I was to consider there to be two judgements then I would consider me to have been judged by self as unworthy; yet the Judge did acquite me.....all thanks are to GOD.

I look forward to a serious conversation on the topic friend. When time and GOD allow of course.

peace

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So your conclusion is based on circular logic.

Pretty sure it's not...

See below.

All will experience death according to the Bible.

Nope. That's wrong.

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. - 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians15:51-52&version=NKJV

"Sleep" in this passage is a metaphor for dying.

All will be judged.

Yes, but not all will be condemned. Only those who rejected God will be condemned to separation from God for the rest of eternity. Those who are judged at the Bema seat of Christ are not condemned, only judged.

There's a difference between judgement and condemnation. In the Bible, all condemned have been judged, but not all judged have been condemned.

It doesn't say all who are not believers in Christ.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Thessalonians4:13-18&version=NKJV

Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences. - 2 Corinthians 5:9-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians5:9-11&version=NKJV

VERSUS

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. - Revelation 20:11-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation20:11-15&version=NKJV

See the difference?

popsthebuilder

Pretty sure it's not...

See below.

Nope. That's wrong.

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. - 1 Corinthians 15:51-52 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians15:51-52&version=NKJV

"Sleep" in this passage is a metaphor for dying.

Yes, but not all will be condemned. Only those who rejected God will be condemned to separation from God for the rest of eternity. Those who are judged at the Bema seat of Christ are not condemned, only judged.

There's a difference between judgement and condemnation. In the Bible, all condemned have been judged, but not all judged have been condemned.

But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Thessalonians4:13-18&version=NKJV

Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad. Knowing, therefore, the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are well known to God, and I also trust are well known in your consciences. - 2 Corinthians 5:9-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians5:9-11&version=NKJV

VERSUS

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. - Revelation 20:11-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation20:11-15&version=NKJV

See the difference?
How did you complete that by judged I meant condemned?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How did you complete that by judged I meant condemned?

I was making the point on my own.

Pops, question:

Are any who are judged in 2 Corinthians 5 ever separated from God? Or are they with God for the rest of eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies.