How do you defend yourself against people who will blow themselves up to kill you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town the Clown
The originality of that alone nearly puts the intellectual quality of what follows by you to the test. :plain:

Okay, mostly a spelling test, but a test nonetheless.

shows the only bravery he has
Only someone with no practical understanding of the word would use bravery in relation to posting on an internet website.

....running his big mouth
Reminds me of just how junior high you've become over time. Remarkable really.

while his fellow libs pat him on the back.
You'd think someone as myopically concerned with orientation of one sort or another would at least get this one right, but she doesn't. :nono:

They are great at showing us what we don't want to be.
If this effort is any indication you don't want to be much...and succeed wildly at it. :thumb: :)

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's about as lame a non-responsive stab at rebuttal as could be imagined.

Jules Verne couldn't imagine a less credible appeal to anecdotal and personal authority.

Bad response. I thought you better than this. This man gave a good chunk of his life to protect your freedom to run at the mouth and give your opinions without reprisals. :down: He's been there and seen the ugliness that this religion produces. My son has seen it in person too. He can tell quite a few horror stories.

Last edited by a moderator:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Bad response. I thought you better than this.

Edit: the following speaks my peace more concisely and on point:

His post got my blood up. I respect the uniform, but I don't respect anyone trying to hide his bigotry behind it and I won't have it, for myself or for the Muslims who died wearing it and defending this nation, or who died fighting the Nazi bigot, etc.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

His post got my blood up. I respect the uniform, but I don't respect anyone trying to hide his bigotry behind it and I won't have it, for myself or for the Muslims who died wearing it and defending this nation, or who died fighting the Nazi bigot, etc.

That's a good response. And your prior post was a good response.

And thankfully you don't base your sense of self on the words of people who are ill-equipped to evaluate it.

dodge

That's about as lame a non-responsive stab at rebuttal as could be imagined.

Jules Verne couldn't imagine a less credible appeal to anecdotal and personal authority.

Here's one quick rebuttal: you've spent far less time there (assuming) than the people who live there and are fighting ISIS. You've spent far less time (assuming) trying to understand that religion than the Muslims who are fighting ISIS and the religious authorities in Islam that have widely and repeatedly condemned them.

Here's another: there are racists who've lived near and around black people their entire lives. They still don't get it.

Six years and that's all you came away with? It must have taken you twenty to get a bachelor's (assuming). :plain:

I learned all I need to or want to know about Muslims on 9-11, and it is not my fault if you are obtuse.

dodge

No one was hiding behind anything. It was a statement of fact nothing more.
I love how folks that have NEVER been in the Middle East self profess to be more knowledgeable about the M.E. that those who have spent time there.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No one was hiding behind anything.
Hiding, wrapping it in the uniform, covering it in a self professed authority that mistakes geographic presence with understanding. I know people who live in the South for five or six years, usually a city, and think they know the people.

That you can't see what you won't see isn't my problem.

I love how folks that have NEVER been in the Middle East
Which wouldn't describe me. But then, assumption is your strong suit.

self profess to be more knowledgeable about the M.E. that those who have spent time there.
Which also isn't the point or the point of contest. I don't have to know more about the Middle East than you to point out a problematic flaw in your representation of Islam. And your insult carries to people who also wore that uniform.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
no town, the problem is that that's all you see,
You have no idea...that's it, really. It's more astonishing than night baseball would have been to Doubleday.

mostly because of your own bizarre psychology and your guilt over your advantage, rooted in the oppression of others
I'm actually grateful for the education and freedom the advantages of my birth brought. But it wasn't generated by oppressing anyone. No idea where that peculiar idea comes into your head from, probably pulled it right out of an assumption. That I don't pretend to protect a mythical notion of the South you disparage for less reason than your amusement, that I don't condone wrapping bigoted generalizations that can't be sustained rationally in the flag or the uniforms that serve my country aren't evidence of guilt. But then, your struggle to understand inference has already been noted, so I'd cut you some slack on the point if I wasn't sure you'd only hang yourself with it.

dodge

Town Heretic;5035463]Hiding, wrapping it in the uniform, covering it in a self professed authority that mistakes geographic presence with understanding. I know people who live in the South for five or six years, usually a city, and think they know the people.

I am proud of my service in the military ( U.S.M.C.) and do not hide, wrap, make excuses, and or bow to polished manure like you or anyone else.

Point was I have been there and you have NOT ! You have no clue who or what you are taking up for NONE.

That you can't see what you won't see isn't my problem.

I see perfectly fine. What I see are people all over the world being murdered by the religion of peace, and the problem is their pagan foundation as in they worship a moon god.

Which wouldn't describe me. But then, assumption is your strong suit.

Where exactly have you ever been in the Middle East ?

Which also isn't the point or the point of contest. I don't have to know more about the Middle East than you to point out a problematic flaw in your representation of Islam. And your insult carries to people who also wore that uniform.
'
The problem is Islamist kill people all over the world on a regular basis, and liberal idiots want to invite the murderers into their country and homes.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I am proud of my service in the military ( U.S.M.C.)
You should be. No one is discrediting that service.

and do not hide, wrap, make excuses, and or bow to polished manure like you or anyone else.
When you make claims and stand on your time there as an authority, that's exactly what you do.

Muslims have died in the same uniform you wore, serving this nation. Do you think you pay that proper respect when you use words like mudslimes and generalize about their faith the way you have?

Point was I have been there and you have NOT ! You have no clue who or what you are taking up for NONE.
And, again, you're wrong. I have been to the Middle East and I have spent time there. I spent my first time abroad as a young man, on my own, along the northern coast of Africa, starting off in Morocco and from there through Egypt and into Jordan. I've been a few times, though not in quite a while now. None of that has anything to do with a real understanding of Islam though. Most of Islam isn't found in the Middle East. And what is has its own peculiarities, from the Saudis to the Turks.

I see perfectly fine. What I see are people all over the world being murdered by the religion of peace, and the problem is their pagan foundation as in they worship a moon god.
If you were as interested in really seeing what you so easily dismiss, you'd see what I told Yor, that most of the people dying and being killed by radical Islam are Muslims. Most of those dying to fight it are Muslims too.

There's a lot to disagree with in the expression of much of orthodox Islam. But painting it as a murdering gathering of moon worshipers isn't the way to go about it.

The problem is Islamist kill people all over the world on a regular basis, and liberal idiots want to invite the murderers into their country and homes.
No, the problem is that some of them do and most of them don't, but it's hard to tell who is who and that leads to a paranoia that can confuse the exceptional with the rule.

glorydaz

And your insult carries to people who also wore that uniform.

Ah ha, now we get to the crux of the matter. Town is here attempting to project his insult of one who did wear the uniform onto the one who he insulted and actually did wear the uniform. It took a lot of Clown verbiage, but we finally arrive at the point of origin. All that yapping was to hide what he said to begin with.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ah ha, now we get to the crux of the matter. Town is here attempting to project his insult of one who did wear the uniform onto the one who he insulted and actually did wear the uniform.
I respect the uniform my father wore (Navy) and my best friend (Marine) and the country they served in them. I responded to someone who tried to use his service as authority and in establishing a rule that offered insult to a whole host of people, many of which wore that uniform and served that flag.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ah ha, now we get to the crux of the matter. Town is here attempting to project his insult of one who did wear the uniform onto the one who he insulted and actually did wear the uniform. It took a lot of Clown verbiage, but we finally arrive at the point of origin. All that yapping was to hide what he said to begin with.
Town is a world traveler

glorydaz

I respect the uniform my father wore (Navy) and my best friend (Marine) and the country they served in them. I responded to someone who tried to use his service as authority and in establishing a rule that offered insult to a whole host of people, many of which wore that uniform and served that flag.

Your intention may have been better than your execution, but.....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town is a world traveler
I was, once and for a long time. Haven't been in years. If the world settles a bit I mean to show it to Jack. He's getting old enough that he'll recall it and that's everything. :)

Your intention may have been better than your execution, but.....
I don't believe anything changed other than the mechanical alterations that come with condensing, which I did to make sure people who were intent on distorting it would have the devil's own time in the attempt.