How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul?

iouae

It means the entire Godhead dwelt in Jesus Christ bodily.

He wasn't just given the power of the Spirit to heal, or to know certain things, or to prophecy certain things for a limited period of time, as some in the OT were given the Spirit.....but the entire Godhead dwelt in Him.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.​

The spirit is given by measure to us. Explain that.

And the spirit can be quenched. Explain that.1Th 5:19
Quench not the Spirit.

And the spirit can run low as in the parable of the virgins, where oil represents spirit. Explain that.

One can be filled with the spirit. Explain that.Act 2:4
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The spirit can be poured out. Explain that
Act 2:17
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

iouae

The breath of life is not the the same as the spirit in man.

If what you say is true, that the spirit is simply the breath of life, then this verse (one of many) would have no meaning whatsoever.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

Beasts have a spirit (= life force) too. Are you saying they have a spiritual component?

Ecc 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath/SPIRIT; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
Ecc 3:20
All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Ecc 3:21
Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Spirit = breath= life in the blood = all material

Spirit in man is the living, breathing, understanding human.

glorydaz

Quench not the Spirit.

And the spirit can run low as in the parable of the virgins, where oil represents spirit. Explain that.

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

Can you lie to a "holy attitude"?

Can a "holy attitude" be grieved?

Can a "holy attitude" speak?

Can a "holy attitude" groan?

Can a "holy attitude" teach and enlighten?

Look those up, and then I'll explain the verses you brought forward.

iouae

Can you lie to a "holy attitude"?

Can a "holy attitude" be grieved?

Can a "holy attitude" speak?

Can a "holy attitude" groan?

Can a "holy attitude" teach and enlighten?

Look those up, and then I'll explain the verses you brought forward.

Yes to all the above, if the holy attitude comes from Christ in heaven, sent to us on earth.

iouae

Why did Christ tell His disciples that it was better He leave them (and earth) and go to heaven to send the Spirit?

Why did the Spirit need sending from Christ?

Jhn 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

And why does the spirit proceed from the Father?

And pronouns like "he" or "it" are meaningless in the Greek which can translate the same pronoun, "he" or "it".

way 2 go

You need to stop confusing Holy Spirit with discussing man. That is a separate discussion. Holy Spirit is a holy attitude, not a component we have now.

you are confused. every person has their own spirit which is not the Holy Spirit .

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me

Christ was 3 days in the grave, all of him,

God was not confined to the grave ,his body was.

or He is a liar, which He is not.

the thief was and is now with God in paradise.

The thief was dead too, not in paradise.

so calling Jesus a liar.
your theology is full of contradictions .

Christ told the thief "that day" that he would be in paradise. Its punctuation.

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said to him, Truly I say to you, Today you shall be with Me in Paradise.

your theology is full of contradictions

glorydaz

you are confused. every person has their own spirit which is not the Holy Spirit .

Luk 16:22 The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried,
Luk 16:23 and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
Luk 16:24 And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me

God was not confined to the grave ,his body was.

the thief was and is now with God in paradise.

so calling Jesus a liar.
your theology is full of contradictions .

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said to him, Truly I say to you, Today you shall be with Me in Paradise.

your theology is full of contradictions

Vowels claims the Holy Spirit is an attitude. If that isn't blasphemy, what is?

way 2 go

Standing, as in waking up and standing.

How would you speak of someone who was dead before, like Lazarus? Lazarus arise.
you just did

past tense - was

Repeating "dead standing" incredulously does not make your point :)
it says

Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.

it does not say

Rev 20:12 And I saw those who were dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.

way 2 go

Only an unbeliever can think that the Holy Spirit is a "holy attitude",and man is merely a body of flesh that returns to the dust.
vowels is an evolutionist

Even before I was saved, I knew that man was more than just a physical being.

Me too, it is obvious man has a spirit but it also is obvious that God created us and everything else
but some people want to be deceived.

iouae

Quench not the Spirit.

iouae

Ecc 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

"breath" = "ruach" = spirit/wind/air. Beasts and man have one and the same "spirit"/air, meaning all breath air - period.

Do you not believe Solomon that man has no preeminence or extra immortal component above a beast?

I address my questions above to all. The folks to whom I originally addressed these questions showed no aptitude either for answering them, or for learning.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What is a human comprised of?

Gen 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Thus ground + breath of life (O2) = soul.

Thus the soul comprises nothing immortal, only matter and oxygen.

The question therefore arises, if we die, and we just are opposed of matter, how could God resurrect us when we die?

God knows how many hairs we have, and knows our thoughts i.e. everything about us.
He knows our DNA too, so He could put us back together as we looked before just from our genes.

Our body and our life's experience is just data. And if God has a perfect memory, then He knows every bit of data about us, and could resurrect us in whatever sort of body He wanted, and with all our past memories, character traits and individual personality.

Thus, God does not need us to have a spiritual component in order for Him to resurrect us at the last trump, even though our mortal bodies may have decayed.

If I had a dollar for every time I have heard a preacher tell us that we are a soul, in a body, with a spirit or some other such nonsense. I probably got this last sentence wrong since I tune out knowing they are horribly mistaken.

Mankind comprises nothing more than ground and breath. All our thoughts are stored in God's memory for Him to resurrect us at the appropriate time.

Within man is the "pure spirit of God". As a byproduct of doing Gods will, an immortal soul counterpart, begins to evolve. Upon death our "personality" and memory transcripts are preserved by God and essentially downloaded into the new body given to survivors when we awake on the mansion worlds.

iouae

Within man is the "pure spirit of God". As a byproduct of doing Gods will, an immortal soul counterpart, begins to evolve. Upon death our "personality" and memory transcripts are preserved by God and essentially downloaded into the new body given to survivors when we awake on the mansion worlds.

I like what you said Caino. You are far closer to the truth than Glorydaz or Way 2 go in this matter.

And what you said evokes this image in my mind....

Why did God spend so much time saying Man/Adam = dust of the ground?

Because we are soil - a place in which the seed of God can grow. Or the soil in which an embryonic Holy Spirit can be planted and grow. This parable also fits in with the idea of being born again of spirit. It also fits in with the parable of the various soils on which the seed fell - the soils being the various humans who hear the word.

It also fits in with what Paul wrote in 1Co 15:44
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.