How can God resurrect us if we do not have an immortal soul?

iouae

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

The holy spirit empowers our thinking to be more like Christ's.
But it is not a permanent part of our makeup.

We can have it in measure, it can run low, like oil in a lamp parable.

In the resurrection we will have a spirit body, and a permanent holy spirit component.

clefty

Nice try Clefty, to associate sacred names with 10C #3.

10C #3 means to call yourself a Christian, and act like an infidel, is to take His name (Christian) in vain.

Christian isnt even a proper name...but title...from the greek no less...

But choose ye this day...

iouae

Christian isnt even a proper name...but title...from the greek no less...

But choose ye this day...

The 10C were originally given to Israel.

Presumably they knew the correct pronunciation of YHWH.

Because later generations, like you, believed it had something to do with the pronunciation of that name YHWH, they just refused to say it out loud, and we lost the vowels. We cannot be certain today if YHWH is Yahweh or Jehovah or something else.

And imagine if breaking this #3 depended on the luck of guessing the correct pronunciation of YHWH.

Then there is the only God-sanctioned execution for "blasphemy" which we presume is breaking #3.

Lev 24:10
And the son of an Israelitish woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel: and this son of the Israelitish woman and a man of Israel strove together in the camp;
And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the LORD, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan:
And they put him in ward, that the mind of the LORD might be shewed them.
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.
And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Whosoever curseth his God shall bear his sin.
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.

This person did not deliberately mis-pronounce God's name. He deliberately cursed God's name. That was what breaking #3 entailed.

In every culture Jesus name is pronounced differently, and I can tell you that JESUS IS OVERJOYED at the worshipping of His name, no matter how much it differers from the pronunciation in Aramic. God is not petty. Till Christ returns and gives one pure language, God is OVERJOYED to be worshipped in that culture's language, no matter how different the syllables sound for His name, and every other name in the Bible.

You can have a loving relationship with someone, without ever once calling them by their real name.

Here is a website listing 25 different pronunciations of Jesus' name in different cultures.
http://www.elijahnotes.com/heres-how-to-say-jesus-christ-in-25-different-languages/

clefty

The 10C were originally given to Israel.
but we keep them too as we are grafted in to replace those cut off...we are citizens of Israel...even in the OT church of the wilderness it was ONE law for native and foreigner travelling along saved from Egypt.

Presumably they knew the correct pronunciation of YHWH.

Because later generations, like you, believed it had something to do with the pronunciation of that name YHWH, they just refused to say it out loud, and we lost the vowels.
yes they broke all the laws...this one specifically by being over zealous of it...not saying it to revere it when it was to be declared by all everywhere and worshiped by all nations...some still dont write it on paper as paper “perishes”...if that isnt idolatry not sure what is...

We cannot be certain today if YHWH is Yahweh or Jehovah or something else.
well it aint God Lord or LORD and it ain’t Jehovah neither as the letter J wasn’t developed yet...see already better understanding and knowledge is to be had by learning His name...lol

And imagine if breaking this #3 depended on the luck of guessing the correct pronunciation of YHWH.
well actually receiving it in stone at Sinai they were not to carry it in vain into the future oh and promised land...meaning for naught...to make null and void...as with man’s traditions...hmmm sound familiar?

Then there is the only God-sanctioned execution for "blasphemy" which we presume is breaking #3.

Lev 24:10
And the son of an Israelitish woman, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the children of Israel: and this son of the Israelitish woman and a man of Israel strove together in the camp;
And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the name of the LORD, and cursed. And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan:
And they put him in ward, that the mind of the LORD might be shewed them.
And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp; and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head, and let all the congregation stone him.
And thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Whosoever curseth his God shall bear his sin.
And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.

This person did not deliberately mis-pronounce God's name. He deliberately cursed God's name. That was what breaking #3 entailed.
cursing is evoking Him to do something...it is true...dude was just having Yah throw Yah out...or worse having some other entity he believed try to throw Yah out of His own...that’s just stoopid so Yah’s just culling the herd

In every culture Jesus name is pronounced differently,
so Michael jordon gets more respect...or Michael Jackson...we do have much work to do...lol
and I can tell you that JESUS IS OVERJOYED at the worshipping of His name, no matter how much it differers from the pronunciation in Aramic.
we don’t worship the name we worship the person named...the name just distinguishes the person say from someone and reveals much about that persons...John Jan Juan indicates much...especially if he says “follow me!”...you think 约翰 is going to have you eat tacos? LOL

God is not petty.
tell that to the dude killed for helping to stabilize the cart carrying the altar...we cant access our bills without the right pass code...but you think salvation and its provider doesnt matter?

Till Christ returns and gives one pure language,
the whole top ten is a head start guide to when its on earth as it is in heaven...good to practice how it will be...

God is OVERJOYED to be worshipped in that culture's language, no matter how different the syllables sound for His name, and every other name in the Bible.
worship includes obedience...and in this multicultural globalist system the irony the jots and tittles and case sensitive passwords matter

Add to that the billions spent protecting logos copyrights intellectual properties et al...reflecting the value of accuracy and authority...

I cant even send a post card without the proper name on it...and we pour out prayers like sterile water...

Again covenants are legal contracts...signers are testators...some documents will get you killed if any of the signatures are falsified...book of life comes to mind

Even my pay check has to have the right signature and logo to be deposited again by one with the proper authority symbolized by logo and signature...

You can have a loving relationship with someone, without ever once calling them by their real name.
you can...I can’t...echoing that which ADAM was to do...to name...and as bride of Him Who married us well...any self respecting groom would not be pleased hearing another name on His wedding night...

Here is a website listing 25 different pronunciations of Jesus' name in different cultures.
http://www.elijahnotes.com/heres-how-to-say-jesus-christ-in-25-different-languages/

Thanks but that just proves the power of Rome it’s Greco Latin heritage...most of these languages probably have their word for Sabbath too...but do not keep it’s essence...and how about Pesach...

I speak to christians still today who are surprised He is even jewish...despite their WWJD bracelets...

By no other name...was written in greek...that name was heard in Hebrew/Aramic

Last edited:

iouae

but we keep them too as we are grafted in to replace those cut off...we are citizens of Israel...even in the OT church of the wilderness it was ONE law for native and foreigner travelling along saved from Egypt.

yes they broke all the laws...this one specifically by being over zealous of it...not saying it to revere it when it was to be declared by all everywhere and worshiped by all nations...some still dont write it on paper as paper “perishes”...if that isnt idolatry not sure what is...

well it aint God Lord or LORD and it ain’t Jehovah neither as the letter J wasn’t developed yet...see already better understanding and knowledge is to be had by learning His name...lol

well actually receiving it in stone at Sinai they were not to carry it in vain into the future oh and promised land...meaning for naught...to make null and void...as with man’s traditions...hmmm sound familiar?

cursing is evoking Him to do something...it is true...dude was just having Yah throw Yah out...or worse having some other entity he believed try to throw Yah out of His own...that’s just stoopid so Yah’s just culling the herd

so Michael jordon gets more respect...or Michael Jackson...we do have much work to do...lol we don’t worship the name we worship the person named...the name just distinguishes the person say from someone and reveals much about that persons...John Jan Juan indicates much...especially if he says “follow me!”...you think 约翰 is going to have you eat tacos? LOL

tell that to the dude killed for helping to stabilize the cart carrying the altar...we cant access our bills without the right pass code...but you think salvation and its provider doesnt matter?

the whole top ten is a head start guide to when its on earth as it is in heaven...good to practice how it will be...

worship includes obedience...and in this multicultural globalist system the irony the jots and tittles and case sensitive passwords matter

Add to that the billions spent protecting logos copyrights intellectual properties et al...reflecting the value of accuracy and authority...

I cant even send a post card without the proper name on it...and we pour out prayers like sterile water...

Again covenants are legal contracts...signers are testators...some documents will get you killed if any of the signatures are falsified...book of life comes to mind

Even my pay check has to have the right signature and logo to be deposited again by one with the proper authority symbolized by logo and signature...

you can...I can’t...echoing that which ADAM was to do...to name...and as bride of Him Who married us well...any self respecting groom would not be pleased hearing another name on His wedding night...

Thanks but that just proves the power of Rome it’s Greco Latin heritage...most of these languages probably have their word for Sabbath too...but do not keep it’s essence...and how about Pesach...

I speak to christians still today who are surprised He is even jewish...despite their WWJD bracelets...

By no other name...was written in greek...that name was heard in Hebrew/Aramic

Clefty if you believe that you need to use a special name for God, then you should use a special name for God. I don't. I know God knows when I am speaking to him, or about His Son Jesus. To introduce confusion when I speak about (whatever Jesus correct name is) I feel does not help spread the Gospel.

So, I am glad sacred names floats your boat, but it is not for me :)

clefty

Clefty if you believe that you need to use a special name for God, then you should use a special name for God. I don't. I know God knows when I am speaking to him, or about His Son Jesus. To introduce confusion when I speak about (whatever Jesus correct name is) I feel does not help spread the Gospel.

So, I am glad sacred names floats your boat, but it is not for me :)

Thanks for the permission...lol

It’s more accurate...is why is it’s special add to that it’s history and reputation to be written on hands and foreheads of His people...

It’s not really a boat more like a car...and it’s not rebuilding the engine it’s merely adding a turbo and super fuel and fixing the steering and over all ergonomics and comfort of the vehicle...oh improving the suspension and traction too and trans mission...lol ok but it’s not rebuilding the engine...ok maybe adding a few cylinders fuel injectors and certainly larger carburetor for all that big air intake...

Or wait... maybe it’s electric...best plugged into the right source...ha yes that’s it

way 2 go

The whole material creation is made of the same matter = atoms. The only difference is God made us rulers, and gives us a chance to have more life by befriending Jesus.
Jesus laid down his life so that we might have life

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

without Jesus your spirit is dead .
do you think Peter was preaching in graveyards?

1Pe 4:6 For this is why the gospel was preached even to those who are dead, that though judged in the flesh the way people are, they might live in the spirit the way God does.

Parables can have any tense, and any amount of true detail, plus added ones.

Someone in hell, getting a chance to speak for the first time, to Abraham, is unlikely to be so concerned about his kin, but more likely to ask questions pertaining to his own condition and how to improve it. Because the parable is about how to escape ending up there the rich man asks these questions about his kin, as a way of telling the story.

In hell there is no conversing with the righteous, like Abraham, there is no gulf to shout across etc.
And the rich man clearly had not been there long enough to converse with anyone before this imaginary conversation. And notice there is nobody else around in hell.

But there will be a moment of regret and possibly brief thoughts about others, before being burnt up

ok I get it so you are saying Jesus lied and can't say it outright because of cognitive dissonance

or

you will not say Jesus lied because your here to deceive

way 2 go

Do you see how all the dead stand before God in one great lot, at one specific time - not individually as each one dies?
standing and dead

And Revelation is set in the future, and John saw them future stand before God.
future

And they had not been standing there before God for thousands of years. The implication is that they stood as John watched.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.

And John tells one specifically, when they stand up...
Rev 20:5
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

standing and dead
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.

way 2 go

If Paul died spiritually, then he has no eternal life.

so calling Paul a liar , well you inferred Jesus was a liar why not Paul.

Rom 7:9 I was once alive apart from the law, but when the commandment came, sin came alive and I died.

way 2 go

But man breaths air/oxygen, so that's how God got the corpse to live. That's what Bondi beach lifesavers do all the time.
God gave us a spirit :duh:

Gen 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

way 2 go

The holy spirit empowers our thinking to be more like Christ's.
But it is not a permanent part of our makeup.

We can have it in measure, it can run low, like oil in a lamp parable.

In the resurrection we will have a spirit body, and a permanent holy spirit component.

God is a spirit God created us with a spirit and those of us who worship God must worship him with there spirit

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

His spirit went to paradise ,his body went into the ground
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

iouae

God gave us a spirit :duh:

Gen 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

Its a process - material first with the ernest of the spirit, cash it in at death and get fully spirit later at the resurrection, if a friend of Jesus.

iouae

God is a spirit God created us with a spirit and those of us who worship God must worship him with there spirit

You need to stop confusing Holy Spirit with discussing man. That is a separate discussion. Holy Spirit is a holy attitude, not a component we have now.

His spirit went to paradise ,his body went into the ground
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Christ was 3 days in the grave, all of him, or He is a liar, which He is not. The thief was dead too, not in paradise.

Christ told the thief "that day" that he would be in paradise. Its punctuation.

iouae

standing and dead

future

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.

standing and dead
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened.

Standing, as in waking up and standing.

How would you speak of someone who was dead before, like Lazarus? Lazarus arise.

Repeating "dead standing" incredulously does not make your point :)

glorydaz

You need to stop confusing Holy Spirit with discussing man. That is a separate discussion. Holy Spirit is a holy attitude, not a component we have now.

Blasphemy. Since when is a "holy attitude" called a HE?

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

No wonder you have such a lack of understanding.

iouae

Blasphemy. Since when is a "holy attitude" called a HE?

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.​

No wonder you have such a lack of understanding.

Explain how beings can be given "by measure"...
Jhn 3:34
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

glorydaz

God gave beasts the same spirit/breath - check the Hebrew.

The breath of life is not the the same as the spirit in man.

If what you say is true, that the spirit is simply the breath of life, then this verse (one of many) would have no meaning whatsoever.

1 Corinthians 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.​

glorydaz

Explain how beings can be given "by measure"...
Jhn 3:34
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

It means the entire Godhead dwelt in Jesus Christ bodily.

He wasn't just given the power of the Spirit to heal, or to know certain things, or to prophecy certain things for a limited period of time, as some in the OT were given the Spirit.....but the entire Godhead dwelt in Him.

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.​