GUNS!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I picked up number 2 in a round about way.

P1070035%20-%20Copy.JPG

I originally bought a second upper in a private sale. The lower is only considered the firearm by the clown shown know as the ATF. So I bought it online. Then I took my spare and sent it to Black Hole Weaponry for a polygonal barrel. I had them put the A2 sights on it, including the 8/3 knob as that is correct for the round in the short barrel.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Spoken like the true moron you are.

Will a wall stop a round from an AR15? If one of your family members is on the other side of the wall, wouldn't you want it to? Given that trained officers average about 30% accuracy when shooting in a high stress situation! I strongly doubt that you would do better. 12 gage shotguns are a far far better weapon for the average home owner. The AR15 is fine for having fun with, but not practice for home protection. You, my fellow moron and hell bound godless pervert, are welcome to your own opinion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will a wall stop a round from an AR15?

It depends on the wall. And since you are a moron, read here.

slow_vs_fast.jpg

A common concern for people when trying to decide which caliber to choose for self defense is overpenetration inside the home. Many believe that pistols calibers would automatically penetrate less than rifle bullets, or that light fragmenting bullets will allow you to not be concerned with overpenetration. In regards to the latter - this is a false assumption. Take, for example, the Glaser Safety Slug. It is a pre-fragmented bullet with very shallow and completely penetration in bare gelatin. When fired through drywall, the bullet fails to expand and behaves as a FMJ solid. Another example would be using a lightweight varmint bullet in an AR, thinking that the shallow penetration in tissue would be sufficient to not worry about persons in adjacent rooms in case of a miss. The question I would ask is this: If you knew that there is a person in a room behind the bad guy and you're only separated by drywall, would you really risk taking a shot and rely solely on the bullet to not hurt or kill someone in case of a miss?

As far as the idea that pistol bullets will inherently penetrate less than rifle cartridges, take a look at this graph comparing common weapons one might employ in the role of self-defense:

The graph that follows shows how they are all almost the same.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My son sent me this pic and said I needed one.
Is this for real, or is he messing with me?

View attachment 19118
This DeWalt nail gun can shoot a 16-D nail through a 2x4 at 200 yards.​

If this is for real, I think it's brilliant.
No registration needed!

Oh SANTA!!!!!!

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
It depends on the wall. And since you are a moron, read here.

slow_vs_fast.jpg

A common concern for people when trying to decide which caliber to choose for self defense is overpenetration inside the home. Many believe that pistols calibers would automatically penetrate less than rifle bullets, or that light fragmenting bullets will allow you to not be concerned with overpenetration. In regards to the latter - this is a false assumption. Take, for example, the Glaser Safety Slug. It is a pre-fragmented bullet with very shallow and completely penetration in bare gelatin. When fired through drywall, the bullet fails to expand and behaves as a FMJ solid. Another example would be using a lightweight varmint bullet in an AR, thinking that the shallow penetration in tissue would be sufficient to not worry about persons in adjacent rooms in case of a miss. The question I would ask is this: If you knew that there is a person in a room behind the bad guy and you're only separated by drywall, would you really risk taking a shot and rely solely on the bullet to not hurt or kill someone in case of a miss?

As far as the idea that pistol bullets will inherently penetrate less than rifle cartridges, take a look at this graph comparing common weapons one might employ in the role of self-defense:

The graph that follows shows how they are all almost the same.

So no, it won't stop the round and can carry enough velocity to do some damage to whomever is on the other side. Just what I want with my daughter in the room next to mine.

By the way, I do own guns. I am planning on buying more. I am not planning on an AR15 as the gun serves no purpose for me.

I'm glad you enjoy yours, you godless hell bound pervert.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By the way, I do own guns. I am planning on buying more. I am not planning on an AR15 as the gun serves no purpose for me.

I am sure that I would enjoy one if I had it, but it doesn't fit into my bargain basement gun owner budget. I am more interested in shotguns right now anyway. My pistol grip single shot 20 ga is a lot of fun to shoot. I'm thinking my next gun might be a 20 ga pistol grip SxS.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am sure that I would enjoy one if I had it, but it doesn't fit into my bargain basement gun owner budget. I am more interested in shotguns right now anyway. My pistol grip single shot 20 ga is a lot of fun to shoot. I'm thinking my next gun might be a 20 ga pistol grip SxS.

Did you ever pick an SKS? Pre-ban (before 1994) they were very low cost and it is relatively high quality that shoots an intermediate 30 cal. Which I am sure you are familiar with the 7.62 x 39. It is a 10 shot top feed non-detachable magazine.

It can take a hog, deer, or God forbid a man.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you ever pick an SKS? Pre-ban (before 1994) they were very low cost and it is relatively high quality that shoots an intermediate 30 cal. Which I am sure you are familiar with the 7.62 x 39. It is a 10 shot top feed non-detachable magazine.

It can take a hog, deer, or God forbid a man.

I have shot a few of them but got into firearms too late to get a cheap SKS. As far as hunting deer with a rifle in Indiana, it has to be pistol caliber. I sure would like a lever action 454 or 45 LC.

39847-DEFAULT-l.jpg

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
So no, it won't stop the round and can carry enough velocity to do some damage to whomever is on the other side. Just what I want with my daughter in the room next to mine.

I hate to tell you but any round which has adequate penetration to use in a defense situation is going to do the same thing. :plain:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If you ever see the national headquarters of the NRA (plus a really interesting museum) then stop by.

In the lobby there is a big painting on the wall of the American flag and a view of the Constitution and the Second Amendment.

The curious thing is that the quote written on the wall has left out the words "for a well-regulated militia" have been left out, with no sign that anything has been taken out or censored.

Go to the NRA headquarters and you can see the same thing.

It reminds me when the GOP won Congress in 2010 and they all vowed to open their appearance by reading the U.S. Constitution on the floor of the House. They left out the racist and impractical (for them, at least) material in our founding document that they did not agree with.

Love America or leave it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Speaking of large slow rounds and the myth that they do not penetrate....skip ahead to 58 seconds.

M1911A1
So it's a myth that bullets from weapons kills anyone?

Thanks for the dodge. I will use it on every anti-gun liberal I know. I'm sure it would convince them, especially if they have lost someone to gun violence!