GUNS!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
for TomO

A sort of clean sheet design on the 7.62 x39 AR. The others were adaptations with difficulties that are obvious. I think this is a good idea. The angle solves a lot of problems.

Then again, my 6.8 SPC did the same. They both cover up the short comings of my beloved green tip in a carbine.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Since visiting the NRA national headquarters in Virginia, I now actually think the corporation is dishonest in many ways and is, in effect, trying to go back and change American history.

The 2nd Amendment gives all of us the right to have guns for a "well-regulated militia." The Supreme Court has also granted the right of individuals to collect and use firearms.

The strange thing is, on the wall of the main lobby of the NRA, there is supposedly a quote from our founding document. Unfortunately the puzzling thing is that the words "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." are missing.

Our framers specifically intended the amendment to apply to militias.

You wouldn't know it from the NRA these days.

Contents [hide]

Huckleberry

Since visiting the NRA national headquarters in Virginia, I now actually think the corporation is dishonest in many ways and is, in effect, trying to go back and change American history.

The 2nd Amendment gives all of us the right to have guns for a "well-regulated militia." The Supreme Court has also granted the right of individuals to collect and use firearms.

The strange thing is, on the wall of the main lobby of the NRA, there is supposedly a quote from our founding document. Unfortunately the puzzling thing is that the words "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." are missing.

You wouldn't know it from the NRA these days.

Contents [hide]
"Militia" meant, and was understood to mean, anyone and everyone able to bear arms and defend. "Militia" referring to a government-approved organization is a relatively recent use of the word. That was not how it was understood by our founding fathers.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Who has the right to keep and bear arms?

Who makes up the militia?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"Militia" meant, and was understood to mean, anyone and everyone able to bear arms and defend. "Militia" referring to a government-approved organization is a relatively recent use of the word. That was not how it was understood by our founding fathers.
That's exactly why we feel justified today to change the original intent of the Founders.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Who has the right to keep and bear arms?
I think we all do if we are judged competent and safe to store and use them

Who makes up the militia?
There are many militias in existence today, although most of them are nativistic or rightwing. Block watch members who are armed would constitute a lawful militia in my view.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think we all do if we are judged competent

That is not what they said. In fact, they said the opposite. The right shall not be infringed. That means you can not scale it back in any way shape or form.

There are many militias in existence today

Funny how you tout the original intent, then say existence today in response to my question. The answer is the people. Not the state. There is not a third party in question.

The people have the right to form a citizen army and the people have the right to keep and bear arms.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
That is not what they said. In fact, they said the opposite. The right shall not be infringed. That means you can not scale it back in any way shape or form.

Funny how you tout the original intent, then say existence today in response to my question. The answer is the people. Not the state. There is not a third party in question.

The people have the right to form a citizen army and the people have the right to keep and bear arms.
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? Law and the U.S. Constitution are pretty interesting.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
for TomO

A sort of clean sheet design on the 7.62 x39 AR. The others were adaptations with difficulties that are obvious. I think this is a good idea. The angle solves a lot of problems.

Then again, my 6.8 SPC did the same. They both cover up the short comings of my beloved green tip in a carbine.

:think: Not bad...The action is direct impingement though?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: Not bad...The action is direct impingement though?

I have only seen it online. I would think it is. The main part to is getting the lower without magazine issues. I love my RRA trigger. I would not convert because I don't like changing over, but would rather have dedicated upper. There are some good piston uppers that are not conversions. HK comes to mind.

Huckleberry

That's exactly why we feel justified today to change the original intent of the Founders.
So am I supposed to interrupt this any other way than, "I disagree with the constitution, so I feel justified in ignoring it"?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
. I think the government or a neighbor (who really IS the government) would not accept an insane person using a gun in colonial America. But that is just an opinion based on common sense.

Nor do I think mental illness and guns belong together, as do a majority of Americans. I am not talking about the NRA, which is a corporation.

Noted.

I think it is interesting how those who take the written and spoken word literally are usually those who often eschew common sense and accept cultural changes throughout history.

I guess I am just surprised to still hear that from YOU.

Seeing things in black and white, either/or terms is a bankrupt leftover from the 19th century, in my opinion. Truth is that which highlights the conflict between opposed ideologies. It is not a pristine quality which is only found in one side, one people or one person.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So am I supposed to interrupt this any other way than, "I disagree with the constitution, so I feel justified in ignoring it"?
You need not be so literalistic. Cultures change, politics change, religion changes and so do human interpretations and opinions. And our Supreme Court is composed of humans, too!

Huckleberry

You need not be so literalistic. Cultures change, politics change, religion changes and so do human interpretations and opinions. And our Supreme Court is composed of humans, too!
So what? The right of the people to keep and bear arms is right there in the constitution. Lacking the magical power of going back in time and changing the intentions of the men who set that right into the constitution you have only two honest options. Abide by it or change it legally.

Pretending those words mean something other than what they mean is dishonest. Worse, it's a little crazy.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I have only seen it online. I would think it is. The main part to is getting the lower without magazine issues.

It does look good in that respect. :think:

I love my RRA trigger. I would not convert because I don't like changing over, but would rather have dedicated upper. There are some good piston uppers that are not conversions. HK comes to mind.

:plain: Maybe they will come up with a piston upper...I noticed they had one for .223.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=442

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

The federalist papers concerning the intent of the second amendment address who the militia are (the people) and the need for personal self defense. If you don't know what your talking about, than just say so...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Than move...Russia is nice place, as is China, or North Korea. If a person doesn't like this country or it's constitution than leaving for something more their style is their only option. :rapture:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or Saudi Arabia with sharia law. Women are prohibited from being raped. If they are raped, they will be severely beaten for their immoral behavior leading to the rape.