GUNS!

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So I finally picked up my shotgun. I got there and the guy told me that " I was looking at it and it's not actually a 12 ga. Turns out it is a 20 ga. He gave me a chance to back out of the deal, but the price was right so I went ahead with the deal.

I have a temporary pistol grip rigged up. I just cut up one of those foam swim noodles and wrapped it with duct tape. The gun shoots real nice so far.
Nice noodle gun. We'll have to go check it out soon. Unless you have a Saturday you could come to my shooting range.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nice noodle gun. We'll have to go check it out soon. Unless you have a Saturday you could come to my shooting range.

Sort of hard to find a Saturday when Mrs Delmar can shake free, but I can come. Kevin, Mike C and I killed a phone book yesterday. That was fun!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

So Adam, I and a couple other guys got a chance to shoot at the Yorzhik range last night.
Yorzhik we need to build some lead collecting plate targets.

8CY0MOdEMSE

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where are all my gun buddies?

We were throwing up paper plates an shooting them the other night, but it is hard to get a good throw with paper plates. I came home and saw a pizza box sitting there and deiced to cut it into four inch squares. Those are pretty easy to toss 20' in the air.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am also getting a supply of shells saved up to reload. I am going to try loading them with my homemade white powder and bird seed. That should work pretty well for "back yard trap".

The Berean

I wonder if Race Bannon is a 2nd Amendment advocate? :think:

tumblr_lr6g7sdUSQ1qbikhbo1_500.gif

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I tried cowboy action shooting twice using my cap and ball pistols. It wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be though because I spent all the time between rounds reloading while everybody else had time to get to fellowship.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I tried cowboy action shooting twice using my cap and ball pistols. It wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be though because I spent all the time between rounds reloading while everybody else had time to get to fellowship.

That's why cartridges were invented. :plain:

Pierac

That's not a competition but a reloading conference... ;)

You would need several cylinders to pre-load before you could actually preform a match with others... Still, it must have been fun!!!

That's the point too!

For the past 2 years I have been shooting... Steel plate competitions

http://www.steelchallenge.com/

For the 1st year shot with a 22lr pistol only... (Can't draw with a 22lr... that's the rules) Still, I shot class A in the 140's.

Then switched to the 9mm and my score went the way of theology here on TOL... not pretty! So bought a Dillion progressive reloader last year and have been... slowly learning the ropes. Making the perfect round for the situation and gun being shot!

Now... However, I'm still stuck shooting class B with both my XDm 5.25 9mm and 4.5 45 acp! Just can't seem to break the class B mode! I burn through about 400 to1000 rounds a month depending on the heat here in AZ!

Competitions show us who and where we are... not who and what we think we are in relation to the truth! Much like theology! ;)

FYI, I stick to iron sites... no fancy holographic optics, as they are not really street applicable!
:AoO:
Paul

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Galati International has Uzi mags (original) right now. 32 round capacity for $35 while supplies last. I am guessing they could be gone by the time I finish this post.

Pierac

Galati International has Uzi mags (original) right now. 32 round capacity for $35 while supplies last. I am guessing they could be gone by the time I finish this post.

Probably so... Yet what good is a Uzi mag? Given the actual semi-auto status given to us by our government ?

Please explain to me how this is even relevant? :think:

Just asking??? :confused:

Paul

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have can buy any firearms, except automatic weapons produced after 1986. If it is made before then, you can buy it. And it doesn't need to be on automatic. A 30 rd magazine is always useful. Unless you have a minigun.

Automatic fire

leuchtturm

BANNED
Banned
I never thought I would be saying this but things have changed and my neighborhood is not what it used to be. So that being said, I walked into a new shooting range that opened up the street from me. I thought this would be a hole in the wall place with a glass case full of used guns. I was wrong this place was cool. They sold everything. I was like a kid in a candy store (I hate to make that analogy). I was hoping some of the wise people on TOL might help me. What I’m looking for is a gun for home defense and some range shooting. I have shot pistols before so I do know some, but I don’t know what companies are making the best guns and so forth...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Take some shooting classes and weapons lessons from those that know what they are doing. Often they are veteran law enforcement and military. And don't be the clown that thinks they know better. Although you already come across as not that person.