GUNS!

You need a Mosin Nagant too. :plain:
Two of my friends at work have them, but I'm not much of a rifle guy. But I did see an old Nagant revolver in 7.62x38R. But I don't want another caliber to buy for. For a rifle, I need a scope or a laser. My eyes need the help.

You need that too. ;)
I've got the feeling that any gun I mention, you'll be telling me to buy that too! You're a bad, bad person. :D I guess you'll tell me I need a P-38 too.

I did buy a gun, one that I'm quite familiar with. I bought a new 3rd Gen Glock 23. My wife and I both have 2nd Gen Glock 23s without the rail. I don't particularly like rails on my carry guns. This 3rd Gen with rail I intend to outfit with a flashlight and laser. It will be the gun I use when I hear noises inside or outside the house late at night.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I've got the feeling that any gun I mention, you'll be telling me to buy that too! You're a bad, bad person. :D I guess you'll tell me I need a P-38 too.

Now that you mention it... :think:

;)

I did buy a gun, one that I'm quite familiar with. I bought a new 3rd Gen Glock 23. My wife and I both have 2nd Gen Glock 23s without the rail. I don't particularly like rails on my carry guns. This 3rd Gen with rail I intend to outfit with a flashlight and laser. It will be the gun I use when I hear noises inside or outside the house late at night.

:thumb: Good choice.

:think: I'm not one for rails much myself but much like you I've got one on my designated HD gun (S&W M&P40....I liked the way it fit my hand better than the Glock) and have a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted on it.

Now that you mention it... :think:

;)
You're tempting me again.

:thumb: Good choice.

:think: I'm not one for rails much myself but much like you I've got one on my designated HD gun (S&W M&P40....I liked the way it fit my hand better than the Glock) and have a Streamlight TLR-1 mounted on it.
The S&W MP and Shield family of guns have gotten a lot of good press. So have Springfield Armory's XD series. But I'm a Glock guy, at least as far as polymer guns go. My only other polymer gun is a Walther P-22, which is a great little gun for plinking, if you can find .22LR ammo that is. I'm also a Sig man, 1911 enthusiast, Walther collector, CZ fan, etc.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The S&W MP and Shield family of guns have gotten a lot of good press. So have Springfield Armory's XD series. But I'm a Glock guy, at least as far as polymer guns go. My only other polymer gun is a Walther P-22, which is a great little gun for plinking, if you can find .22LR ammo that is.

:plain: I consider all three to be fine weapons (like you said; as far as polymers go) my choice was purely based on what I (and my wife) handled the best/were most comfortable with. The only other polymer I have is a Ruger LCP.

I'm also a Sig man, 1911 enthusiast, Walther collector, CZ fan, etc.

My favoritest gun in the world is my Sig P220. :D

:plain: I consider all three to be fine weapons (like you said; as far as polymers go) my choice was purely based on what I (and my wife) handled the best/were most comfortable with. The only other polymer I have is a Ruger LCP.
Good gun, from what I read. I've just handled them at gun shows and like them just a bit more than a comparable Kel-tec.

My favoritest gun in the world is my Sig P220. :D
I have quite a few Sigs including the P220. I traded in my Springfield Armory 1911A1 for it. But then I got to missing the 1911 and I ended up buying both a Colt Commander 1911 and a Sig 1911, fully loaded carry version with night sites, but no rail. That Sig 1911 might be my favorite gun at the moment. I like the size and sights on the new Colt too, but they're not night sights.

lovemeorhateme

All this talk about guns is making me want to go to a shooting range and try using one. (Not that we have such things in my area)

:chuckle:

lovemeorhateme

Too bad only criminals and the government have guns in your country. But hey, if that's what you want, I support your right to be subjects to the monarchy. :D

Some private individuals have guns in the UK, they aren't completely banned. Shooting and hunting with a gun are both permitted sports. Yet I support the gun control laws we have here, they seem to work and I wouldn't want to see them liberalised.

That being said, I'm not going to argue that the same laws would work in the USA. What works in one country won't necessarily work in another.

Oh, and I love the Monarchy! :D

IMJerusha

1287745443.jpg

The reason I was asking about this handgun is that it's supposed to have good stopping power but less recoil so it's easier for a woman to fire accurately and fits a smaller hand. Notice the clip release is not like the Walther ppk which I struggle with. I notice folks here talking about Tokarev's and Makarov's. They fire the 7.62x25 rounds also. Are they the same as the M-57? I thought about a Bersa Thunder 22 which fits my hand very well and I could run hollow points in it. I just want something for home protection with minimal recoil.

Last edited: