GUNS!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
7Va87gB_4AI
I just have to build me one of these. The simplicity of design is fantastic. I may only use it for shooting wax slugs in the back yard, but I definitely want one.

I tested out this design today. I made a small blast chamber for the test by digging a trench and burying a 3'' PVC pipe. That was a good time!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ARs are selling like hotcakes. Would you buy an AR or an AK? :think:

I posted a video earlier in the thread on the AK vs AR. The AR is the clear winner. Watch the video and you can see why. In case you have shot neither. The only point the AK scores is the bullet, but that is assuming the weapon is a .223/5.56.

Mine is 6.8 SPCII. Large file below. It is a seven page scanned article.

Spoiler

RRA1.jpg

RRA2.jpg

RRA3.jpg

RRA4.jpg

RRA5.jpg

RRA6.jpg

RRA7.jpg

And stay away from anything that says "Remington". Like Rem 6.8 SPC. Remington took the specs to SAAMI, changed the lead to make it .050" smaller raising pressure. Then, the loads have to be softened to stay safe. After that, they dropped the round when it didn't sell. After the small market brought it back, they started again. Ruger also sells it in the Rem SAAMI spec. You don't want it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And I can't get on youtube, otherwise I would have already posted it. It shows the mechanics of the weapons with new HD super slow motion cameras. It shows why "pray and spray" is employed beause you can't aim it in a practical sense. I will try to back door my way to posting the video.

Hickock45 has shown that on hish full auto video with the AR with the water jugs.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Watching it now

I really enjoyed that, but the video ended abruptly, which sent me looking for part 2

0v_hiN807w8

Part 2 of that video tells quite a different story. While the M-16 is Higher tech, lighter, more elegant and more accurate, It is not as powerful and much more difficult to keep running well in a combat situation.

I really enjoyed that, but the video ended abruptly, which sent me looking for part 2

0v_hiN807w8

Part 2 of that video tells quite a different story. While the M-16 is Higher tech, lighter, more elegant and more accurate, It is not as powerful and much more difficult to keep running well in a combat situation.
This is also available for viewing from the original post it you just let it end, you'll see four different boxes on the screen. This is the one on the top right on my computer.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's actually 4 different videos you can watch from this first one. I watched two of the four so far and they were both excellent. Thanks Nick.
I could be wrong but I think you will find that parts 3 and 4 that you saw were part of a different video. The "part 2" that I watched ran ending credits.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will probably never own either unless my financial situation improves dramatically, but the AK just moved up on my wish list, above the AR.
More immediate on my list would be a lever action rifle and a pump action shot gun. I had a really nice SxS but I needed to liquidate something quickly last year because of a financial emergency and I was able to sell the SxS the same day and get $25 more than I paid for it 2 years prior.

Actually, it was the lack of any kind of shot gun to mess with, that got me excited about building my own when I saw that youtube video. Especially since I had some 12 ga reloading supplies still sitting around.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Nah. That refers to the M16 specifically, and in Viet Nam. When the Army did not build the weapon as Stoner designed. You can have the bigger bullets, like the 6.8 I mentioned. And you can even have a piston system. I like the DI gas myself. It is much smoother. Maintenance was an issue until the barrel became chrome lined. That was 40 years ago. There is 3 parts online.

I will probably never own either unless my financial situation improves dramatically, but the AK just moved up on my wish list, above the AR.

I can't understand that, but it is your choice. The SKS is the other. A single intruder isn't really what I have in mind for home defense with the M4.

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I think you will find that parts 3 and 4 that you saw were part of a different video. The "part 2" that I watched ran ending credits.
Mine did too but it was a different narrator for sure. The video appeared to be the same though. I didn't watch it a second time, so I could be wrong, but the interviews seemed the same.

Nah. That refers to the M16 specifically, and in Viet Nam. When the Army did not build the weapon as Stoner designed. You can have the bigger bullets, like the 6.8 I mentioned. And you can even have a piston system. I like the DI gas myself. It is much smoother. Maintenance was an issue until the barrel became chrome lined. That was 40 years ago. There is 3 parts online.

I can't understand that, but it is your choice. The SKS is the other. A single intruder isn't really what I have in mind for home defense with the M4.
That's what handguns and short-barreled shotguns are for. With a rifle, you have to concern yourself with over penetration. You don't want ammo flying into your neighbors house.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just see the AK as very rugged, very simple and very historically significant.

My current go to HD gun is a 9mm carbine. Cheap practice with. Easy to point and shoot. It's not a 12 ga but not a .22 either! If I absolutely thought I had to have something with greater range and more power a bolt action rife would be my next choice.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's what handguns and short-barreled shotguns are for. With a rifle, you have to concern yourself with over penetration. You don't want ammo flying into your neighbors house.

I don't have it for somebody inside the home. Sad, isn't it. The violent riots in Greece are where they didn't pay the pensions and entitlement checks because they went over the fiscal cliff we are headed for. We have 32 times the debt of Greece. The Justice Department, FDA, DoD, they can't just shut down. The checks will have to be stopped, that is the cause of our financial problems.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I don't have it for somebody inside the home. Sad, isn't it. The violent riots in Greece are where they didn't pay the pensions and entitlement checks because they went over the fiscal cliff we are headed for. We have 32 times the debt of Greece. The Justice Department, FDA, DoD, they can't just shut down. The checks will have to be stopped, that is the cause of our financial problems.

I don't have it for somebody inside the home. Sad, isn't it. The violent riots where they didn't pay the pensions and entitlement checks because they went over the fiscal cliff we are headed for.

A little change to your first statement ^^ So now you could have an additional reason for maintaining your weapons if the government does as you suggest.

We have 32 times the debt of Greece[/B].^^ you're example of a comparison? Greece in comparison to the U.S. wouldn't amount to a pimple on her butt. When was the last time Greece went to the rescue of another country militarily and carried 50% or more of the financial responsibility for such an action or sends financial aid to another country?

Any way....we have 435 representatives (The Senate and House of Reps) that have enacted the pensions and entitlements you are talking about and I agree there is a lot of room for adjustments or trimming, but first we need to get the before mentioned people (435) to set down and start working together instead of always fighting for their little cut of the pie.

You would be surprised at just how much we (The U.S.) can accomplish when we attack on a unified front, and that's all our budget is, a problem that needs to be fixed!

I for one not only enjoy but feel it is necessary to have a strong showing in the Dept of Justice (it keeps us safe), the FDA (more safety for food and medicines) and the DOD (more safety in military might).

Don't get me wrong, I believe in our rights to bear arms but it would be nice to one day realize that possessing weapons is no longer necessary! I know, its a dream, but a nice one that could be accomplished.

So I advocate cleaning up the 435 people that are tasked with properly governing our country, first and foremost. This is the real problem we are faced with!

Lets go back to being the United States of America!