GUNS!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you could only have ONE handgun in all the world...unlimited ammunition...what would you choose?

Ok, I'll make it easier...

One hand gun and one long gun.

Keep in mind...in this hypothetical you have to choose based on hunting and self defense and everything else you may need a weapon for.
I'm not sure you made things that much easier by opening it up to long and short. If I could only have one gun I would probably go with my .9mm carbine. It's not legal to hunt everything with in Indiana, but it could get the job done for most things.

Since we are going with 2 guns the choices are harder, I think. Do I match calibers, for interchangeability of ammo or do I go with covering the most functions? If the later was the case perhaps a compact .45 ACP or a .40 cal semi auto. combined with a nice reach out and touch someone bolt action rifle.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure you made things that much easier by opening it up to long and short.

Let's change it up a bit.

A world-wide catastrophe has just occurred. Goverments have fallen, law enforcement has all but disappeared.

It is each man (or woman) and his family for themselves.

There is an easy peace on the streets, but that could change at any time.

You must use your ONE weapon to a) defend your family and b) hunt for food.

(Sorry...been watching too much of The Walking Dead now. :chuckle:)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

A world-wide catastrophe has just occurred. Goverments have fallen, law enforcement has all but disappeared.

That kind of collapse most certainly brings us back to guns we already own. Gotta stay with the 9mm carbine.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Derringer Pen Pistol .25 auto] "That is very cool. I guess if there was a shooter coming after you, you could hide and get it ready in case he finds you."
:5020: FPS America Derringer Pen Pistol .25 auto

SteveHatesCans.jpg

Last edited:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was at a gun show a few weeks back and, on a whim, I purchased a Taurus .380.

It was about $200 new, and I liked it because of its highly concealable nature.

Anyone familiar with .380s?

I have never carried a firearm with such a small round.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If you put the round where it needs to go it will do the job. The price is right and you are more likely to want keep that on you than a full sized 1911.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber

Very concealable, I have 2...one small enough I can carry it in my back pocket wearing Levis and it is not noticeable, the other I carry as a boot gun (when I'm not packing the Derringer) it's a little larger.

It is my last resort choice, for up close and dirty.

It will get the job done as far as wounding/killing is concerned, the only thing I don't like and its only because I prefer longer sight alignment is they are so darn small. :idunno: but some times when you are looking for certain benefits you have to give up other features.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Very concealable, I have 2...one small enough I can carry it in my back pocket wearing Levis and it is not noticeable, the other I carry as a boot gun (when I'm not packing the Derringer) it's a little larger.

What type of holster do you use for it, if any?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the only thing I don't like and its only because I prefer longer sight alignment is they are so darn small. :idunno: but some times when you are looking for certain benefits you have to give up other features.
Yup, my 1858 has some really good qualities as far as sight picture and distance, but it lacks a bit in the area of convenience.

In all seriousness I would rather have a compact 9mm than a .308 but I would pick up a nice .308 if I found a "can't pass it up" kind of a deal!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:listen: As if there's ever been a time that I've only owned one gun.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I shot an AR for the first time a week or two ago... I can see why people get a little intense with those things and customization. I had a blast!

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I shot an AR for the first time a week or two ago... I can see why people get a little intense with those things and customization. I had a blast!

:listen: Shhhh...Don't tell the Sheeple and Hoplophobes that guns are fun....It would just ruin their day.