good morning breakfast clubbers

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I want to put this little fellow through the training he needs to be able to go to nursing homes and hospitals to visit. He's my own little therapy pet, all I need to do is get the official doctors letter stating so. Now that I have him, my anxiety level is very low, and panic attacks are nonexistent. It's amazing how calming animals can be.
I'm glad you have a little buddy to comfort you -

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I want to put this little fellow through the training he needs to be able to go to nursing homes and hospitals to visit. He's my own little therapy pet, all I need to do is get the official doctors letter stating so. Now that I have him, my anxiety level is very low, and panic attacks are nonexistent. It's amazing how calming animals can be.

Yes they can. I'm glad you have a him. :)

truthjourney

That's a great idea to have him visit people in nursing homes and hospitals. I live in an apartment building with some elderly people and they enjoy seeing my cat. :)
Yes animals can be very calming and helpful in so many ways. It's good to hear that you have him for a therapy pet. :)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Hump day!

But I'm depressed because I've had Mon-Wed off from work and have to go back tomorrow. :eek:

Have a good day today, kmo. At least you can go in to work this morning thinking "tomorrow's Friday already!" :)

Good morning everyone.

Raccoons woke me before I wanted to be up.

Listening to them making their distinctly raccoony noises, I was remembering this from the other day:

I don't mess with raccoons.

Breathe

That's a great idea to have him visit people in nursing homes and hospitals. I live in an apartment building with some elderly people and they enjoy seeing my cat. :)
Yes animals can be very calming and helpful in so many ways. It's good to hear that you have him for a therapy pet. :)
When my mom developed dementia, and had to go to a nursing home, she would get so excited when the therapy dog made her rounds. I want Jack to be able to make people happy like that.

Before we got him, my anxiety was always hovering in the background - losing both parents, marrying off my only child and finding out my husband had a terminal illness, all within 5 months - had really taken a toll on me. Once Jack came into my life, I get up every morning at 5:30 with a smile on my face, and a song in my heart. I'm obsessively neat and orderly - but now my house is upside down, tennis balls and chew bones are everywhere, and there was a handful of dog hair in the middle of my kitchen floor yesterday. None of it bothers me anymore. The therapeutic value of a pet is an amazing thing.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Have a good day today, kmo. At least you can go in to work this morning thinking "tomorrow's Friday already!" :)
True. :)

Good morning everyone.

Raccoons woke me before I wanted to be up.

Listening to them making their distinctly raccoony noises, I was remembering this from the other day:

I don't mess with raccoons.

:shocked:

truthjourney

When my mom developed dementia, and had to go to a nursing home, she would get so excited when the therapy dog made her rounds. I want Jack to be able to make people happy like that.

Before we got him, my anxiety was always hovering in the background - losing both parents, marrying off my only child and finding out my husband had a terminal illness, all within 5 months - had really taken a toll on me. Once Jack came into my life, I get up every morning at 5:30 with a smile on my face, and a song in my heart. I'm obsessively neat and orderly - but now my house is upside down, tennis balls and chew bones are everywhere, and there was a handful of dog hair in the middle of my kitchen floor yesterday. None of it bothers me anymore. The therapeutic value of a pet is an amazing thing.
My heart goes out to you. My grandmother and aunt had dementia. I lost my husband in 2000 and then recently my daughter. Shortly after my daughter passed I found out that I had stage 3 cancer.
When I was looking for a place to move to this year, I was trying to find a place that was pet friendly and without success at first. Someone told me that I acted more concerned for my cat's well being than for my own. I said no, my cat is very much a part of my well being. And I found this apartment that is pet friendly and since she is my therapy pet, I don't have to pay pet fees. :)