good morning breakfast clubbers

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Morning.

whatcrocusesbunn.jpg

Hmm, looks like :botd: was into something. :think:

alwight

Good morning, atm I'm about half way through the entire box-set series of "The West Wing".
My UK based understanding of American politics is therefore currently almost exclusively derived from it.
I notice that the left and right infighting it depicts is often noticeably very similar to what I've read on ToL over the years. Guns, Medicare, abortion, social security, large or small Government...
ToL is a microcosm of American politics and that my own views are clearly more liberal than I once thought. Anything I may have once have thought to be original, reasonable and sensible is apparently liberal and has already been better argued by American liberals.
This morning there seems to be nothing new under the sun (not snow btw :cool:). :AMR:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'm about half way through the entire box-set series of "The West Wing".
My UK based understanding of American politics is therefore currently almost exclusively derived from it.

that can happen to those who never learned to think for themselves

bybee

Good morning, atm I'm about half way through the entire box-set series of "The West Wing".
I notice that the left and right infighting it depicts is often noticeably very similar to what I've read on ToL over the years. Guns, Medicare, abortion, social security, large or small Government...
ToL is a microcosm of American politics and that my own views are clearly more liberal than I once thought. Anything I may have once have thought to be original, reasonable and sensible is apparently liberal and has already been better argued by American liberals.
This morning there seems to be nothing new under the sun (not snow btw :cool:). :AMR:
You might ponder the difference between "liberals" and "progressives" in the American political scene.
A survey was conducted on the amount of money given to charity in one year by members of Congress. The conservatives gave significantly more money to charity than the so called liberals.
Interesting.

alwight

You might ponder the difference between "liberals" and "progressives" in the American political scene.
A survey was conducted on the amount of money given to charity in one year by members of Congress. The conservatives gave significantly more money to charity than the so called liberals.
Interesting.
I've just learned that American conservatives would let the social support budget disappear and thus force a return to breadlines, and thereby create even more need for charity.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Interesting.

you need to put that in a box-set for alwight

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

well thanks for stopping by to wish us a good morning

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I've never watched The West Wing, not a single episode, so I have no idea how accurately it reflects real life politics. You should start a thread on it, maybe get some input. :)